DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

On October 11, 2016 at 1:51 AM, J.H. said:

He apparently worked 2 TV tapings in 91 beating the Brooklyn Brawler and then showed up in WCW 96 to lose to Arn Anderson. He also ended up at #106 on the 1993 PWI 500, which makes me wonder who PWI put after 107 that was was worse

James

I had to know. Sorry if this got posted between pages 59 and 65. 

106. Vic Steamboat   107. Beau Beverly

but there are better ones

91. Don Harris   92. Mitsuharu Misawa   93. Ron Harris 

200. John Rambo   201. Toshiaki Kawada

I could spend way too long ranking the best indy names on that list. Where would Turbo Eric Freedom rank on my list!?

15 hours ago, DTTW said:

So if TNA was in another state, would the whole changing the business to a new company absolve the debt, or would location not be a factor and they'd still owe it all?

You can't be a high profile business and just defraud your creditors and open up under a new corp name. It's not that easy. However, you could probably dissolve the business, sell off the assets and start over again. But in the process I'm guessing you'd lose your timeslot and your backers. The current backers of the promotion are also its creditors. It is wrestling, but you would think people you screwed out of money wouldn't just come back for more punishment. 

My take on all of this is Dixie is so far in the hole that if she holds onto the company, she's finished but with an asset. If she sells the company, she's finished, but without an asset. It really just sounds like a sad situation. 

• Like 1

The idea of everything under LLCs is to limit the liability to the individual in case the business goes down, but it doesn't go totally away.  I'm not up on all the laws, especially in Tennessee, but yeah, can't just jump to a new LLC and hope everything goes away, especially since it's apparent that Dixie apparently was directly loaned money from Corgan.  This is going to get even uglier than the ECW bankruptcy did.

• Like 1

Has there been any word if talent got paid Saturday?  Apparently if they didn't then they'd technically be free agents.  If that was the case I'm hoping a lot of the talent said "Screw this" and got away from it.

There is no fraud here.  I am not sure where people are getting the word defraud but that is not what happened here.  Dixie just ran a business into the ground with bad decision after bad decision.  

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/fraud

Everyone should have done their due diligence on the business before they got involved monetarily.  If not, it is on the creditor/investor not Dixie.

Everyone has known TNA is a complete mess for years now.  How you do not understand this is beyond me.  

1 hour ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Seriously, anyone that's signed with TNA over the past two years expecting a stable financial situation is a fucking idiot.

Yeah...I seriously wondered why some guys took their offer over WWE's. I'm sure the money was world's apart, but in terms of a solid paycheck, WWE doesn't have independent contractors working at Sunglass huts or getting government assistance.

3 hours ago, evilwaldo said:

There is no fraud here.  I am not sure where people are getting the word defraud but that is not what happened here.  Dixie just ran a business into the ground with bad decision after bad decision.  

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/fraud

Everyone should have done their due diligence on the business before they got involved monetarily.  If not, it is on the creditor/investor not Dixie.

Everyone has known TNA is a complete mess for years now.  How you do not understand this is beyond me.  

Who said they committed fraud?  There was only speculation that they might try to weasel out of their debt.  No one said they were already doing it.

48 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Who said they committed fraud?  There was only speculation that they might try to weasel out of their debt.  No one said they were already doing it.

Once you use the word defraud it means fraudulent activity.  

There is no telling what they will do either Chapter 7 or 11.

So it turns out that everyone with a lick of sense who was looking in on this situation and wondering how a company with a free tv deal, no ppv or house show business and a few overseas contracts could afford to do things like pay Moose 90 thousand bucks was right. They couldn't. Dixie just rode this thing in like, apparently just ignoring all of the problems piling up. There were rumors a few weeks ago about ADR being signed by TNA which is patently absurd in hindsight.

This will set up a new opportunity though. The ultimate troll job in the history of our great sport is sitting there waiting to happen. The Russo and Dixie podcast. Russo can tell you how to book wrestling and Dixie can tell you how to run a wrestling company. The day after that podcast drops and somebody posts some of what was said here, you might here a muffled kruuumph somewhere in the distance. That will be my head exploding.

Honest question, how many of the guys currently under contract to TNA will be able to command "big money" on indy bookings aside from the Hardys and Bobby Lashley?

I just picture Ethan Carter III demanding $5,000 and a limo to an indy promoter and the promoter just laughing and hanging up.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jerome Miller said:

Honest question, how many of the guys currently under contract to TNA will be able to command "big money" on indy bookings aside from the Hardys and Bobby Lashley?

I just picture Ethan Carter III demanding $5,000 and a limo to an indy promoter and the promoter just laughing and hanging up.

If you count convention autograph sessions and not just matches, I think Senor Benjamin and Vanguard 1 could score decent money for the next couple of months. Seriously, they just need to bring the boat.

James Storm gets good money now for the few Indy dates he works - so him

Also I am assuming the question isn't taking into account folks like Drew Galloway and Cody Rhodes who are also really successful and highly in demand on the indies