DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

Well, if the accident happened while in TNA and all Dixie did was promise she'd take care of him like "family" then that would indicate she broke her word.  It might not affect business for her, but it sure paints a scummy picture of her.  If she breaks her word like that then it's baffling how people could trust her with money.

2 hours ago, DTTW said:

I'll give you Dixie is probably a terrible business person, who at least understands you have to be cut throat at times, but her not paying up because two guys screwed up a move is hardly grounds for thinking she's a psyco. Hiring Russo after being explicitly told not to, combined with looking at his last tenure and it's output, speaks way more volumes about her impaired mind.

When you're trying to be a major league promotion, you shouldn't be doing bush league shit like not paying for people who get hurt in your ring.  There're no excuses for that shit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NickMD said:

Well, if the accident happened while in TNA and all Dixie did was promise she'd take care of him like "family" then that would indicate she broke her word.  It might not affect business for her, but it sure paints a scummy picture of her.  If she breaks her word like that then it's baffling how people could trust her with money.

Look at who is running for president from the GOP and the people willing to vote for a guy with that record. People are dumb.

12 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

When you're trying to be a major league promotion, you shouldn't be doing bush league shit like not paying for people who get hurt in your ring.  There're no excuses for that shit.

I've never heard anyone outside TNA people say they were major league. Just because someone drives a Rolls, don't assume they have the class to match the taste.

The excuse is they don't have to so they don't. That's how business works, profit over people. It sucks, but that's how it goes. My old man died because his job got tired of covering his medical cost (pre obamacare time frame). It sucked but it was a lesson I didn't miss and now I know a bit more about how the world goes. Only you are truly going to take care of you.

Also, it's wrestling. A scummy as fuck business full of people doing shaddy things. Since when were promoters know for honesty and integrity?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

So she gets a pass because she's only doing what other scummy promoters have always done?  Come on...

It's not a pass its a not shocking in the slightest. If you told me a woman successful ran a wrestling company with zero prior experience, that would be shocking. Dixie acting like pretty much every other promoter in wrestling history is not surprising in the slightest. Doesn't give her a pass, just screams those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

7 hours ago, DTTW said:

Look at who is running for president from the GOP and the people willing to vote for a guy with that record. People are dumb.

7 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

So she gets a pass because she's only doing what other scummy promoters have always done?  Come on...

Way too much presidential politics sneaking into this thread. 

In Bix's story, he basically says that is appears that TNA is really overvaluing the worth of the tape library and that is how they can claim they aren't insolvent

It would seem that, once TNA denied being insolvent and refused to let Corgan take over, he started preparing for the lawsuit. This ostensibly included filing Carter’s debt with the state of Tennessee on October 11th, the day before he sued. Since Carter/TNA said in sworn statements that TNA is not insolvent in spite of mounting evidence otherwise, and it would be wrong to assume that anyone is committing perjury, there’s only one logical explanation as to how that could be truthful. That would be that TNA valuing the company’s most subtantial asset, the video library, at more than Corgan thinks it’s worth.

Based on what WWE normally pays, the library is worth about $1 million, but TNA is more than $4 million in debt based on public records, which don’t include their debts to Corgan, the state of Tennessee, or any staff/performers. When you factor in that Dave Meltzer has reported that Anthem owns at least part of the video library know, it makes you wonder if they made a deal where TNA can point to a valuation of the collection at much more than $1 million. Otherwise, it doesn’t really track how TNA could not be considered insolvent right now.

http://www.sescoops.com/unsealed-billy-corgan-lawsuit-documents-shed-light-on-why-hes-suing-tna/

28 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Long story short - Dixie has conned Fight Network. Dixie and Fight Network are trying to buy Corgan's silence. Corgan is refusing to do so... yet

TNA is a shit storm so naturally (no pun intended) the legal side is as well. The rot in the foundations may see light.

20 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

The saddest thing about listening to Jesse Sorensen talking about her.

He's not even that angry. Like you or me would be. He doesn't realize that she was manipulating him and his family from the get go.  

She didn't want to get sued. He got played.

You know he got fired a month after the statute of limitations that he could sue them ran out. (He had a year per Tennessee work laws to take proper legal action but chose not to because "Well, TNA and Dixie have been so nice!") 

Do not tell me that is a mere coincidence. 

This woman is simply not a good person. She's a horror.  

• Like 3

18 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

The funny thing: Vince and Heyman are sleazy as hell, but even they wouldn't have done what Dixie did to Sorensen and Daffney.

I truly believe that.  

Like Sorensen's mom would have ever even seen a medical bill if that injury had happened in WWE.

Shit don't WWE/Vnce still have Droz on the payroll after what happened to him? 

Even worse is that Dixie said her company would always take care of Sorensen pubically if I'm not mistaken (if I am please let me know)

James

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DTTW said:

The excuse is they don't have to so they don't. That's how business works, profit over people. It sucks, but that's how it goes.

But Dixie always portrayed herself as a nice, sweet housewife from Texas and the complete opposite of evil, shady businessman Vince.

She deserves to be called out on her hypocrisy and callousness.  

6 minutes ago, J.H. said:

Shit don't WWE/Vnce still have Droz on the payroll after what happened to him? 

Even worse is that Dixie said her company would always take care of Sorensen pubically if I'm not mistaken (if I am please let me know)

James

IIRC, they kept him under contract for years and years.

Then the contract ended. He sued them.

It was quietly and quickly settled out of court. 

Maybe WWE didn't handle it amazingly, but they took care of him.  

I really want this company to go out of business. Not because I have any stake or investment in it - I've maybe watched a grand total of 30 hours of TNA programming since it's inception. Not because I want the people involved with it to lose their jobs. Not because I want WWE to have a monopoly. But because I want somebody to take the ashes of what used to be TNA and run it properly and make it what it could/should have been years ago. The few times I tuned in to TNA was because I know/knew they had a supremely talented roster. They had their own guys like AJ and Joe and Roode and a good mix of ex-WWE guys like Christian and Angle and Booker T, all guys I knew who could get it done in the ring. But after watching for a week or two, I could see that there was no direction at all. It was aimless and the guys were just collecting a paycheck.

If Vince McMahon is a millionaire who should be a billionaire, what does that make Dixie Carter? She had some of the most talented in-ring performers at her disposal, but then brought in the most inept people to handle them behind the scenes. Image what this company could have been if Dixie Carter was not involved. If TNA finally goes under and Billy Corgan - or ANYBODY - is able to scoop up the remnants and re-build/re-brand the company, I would certainly begin watching again and see where it goes. But while Dixie is still involved, I just cannot make the time investment in what I know is a company about to implode. The company finally dying on the vine is "what's best for business".

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

If Vince McMahon is a millionaire who should be a billionaire, what does that make Dixie Carter? 

A promoter who should be a Waffle House waitress.

1 hour ago, Reed said:

The funny thing: Vince and Heyman are sleazy as hell, but even they wouldn't have done what Dixie did to Sorensen and Daffney.

I truly believe that.  

Like Sorensen's mom would have ever even seen a medical bill if that injury had happened in WWE.

When Taz broke his neck in ECW, Heyman kept paying him for all those months he couldn't work.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nofuture said:

WWE pays a flat rate of $500 per hour of footage so I can imagine 14 years of footage can add up to that amount.

Surely Tito Ortiz nodding his head for one hour whilst Mr Anderson fondles his ear is worth more than $500?

34 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

There's gotta be a fetish website somewhere that would pay gor that.  Everything is a fetish for somebody.

A google search of "ear fondling fetish" turns up quite a bit. I've got a bunch of fetishes, but ear fondling isn't one of them. 

• Like 3