DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

I know guys like Cody and Sandow aren't making Sting money but if they can barely get the money for tapings in time how can they afford to keep bringing in every WWE castoff? 

If they had gotten ADR for BFG how the hell were they gonna pay him?? Even on a per appearance deal he's gotta be asking for a decent amount.

The finances of this company are more intriguing then anything they've ever done wrestling wise. 

38 minutes ago, Zartan said:

I know guys like Cody and Sandow aren't making Sting money but if they can barely get the money for tapings in time how can they afford to keep bringing in every WWE castoff? 

If they had gotten ADR for BFG how the hell were they gonna pay him?? Even on a per appearance deal he's gotta be asking for a decent amount.

The finances of this company are more intriguing then anything they've ever done wrestling wise. 

Easy. They stiff all the production workers and lower tiered wrestlers like they always have. 

50 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Easy. They stiff all the production workers and lower tiered wrestlers like they always have. 

I don't think they can do that on production. Because its going on tv, I suspect union is involved.

5 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Wouldn't the writers have to sign up with SAG?

SAG is for actors. You're thinking of the Writer's Guild of America, and since pro wrestlers don't belong to SAG I'd imagine the folks plotting TNA don't belong to the WGA.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Agree here, and maybe they would see some royalties.....but then again maybe not.  Who know what kind of shit deal Dixie would sign, but i guarantee it would be the talent getting fucked out of money.  Plus, it seems like WWE isn't really great on paying royalties to lesser known talents.  

Being fair- all signs from the royalty lawsuits are less "WWE is bad at paying royalties to lesser talents" and more "most of these talents don't realize that with royalty payments, they get cut in half each rebroadcast- so a person with these royalty payments can expect your regular payment for the original broadcast, then one really good paycheck after the first re-airing, then an okay paycheck for a few more re-airings, then slowly go further and further down until you and your next of kin are signing royalty checks for 2-3 cents a pop until the heat death of the universe."

If anything, WWE's royalty checks are better than most entertainment, since they usually hold them back and pay off in one lump sum every three months so there's one check that's worth the money to mail and worth the time to endorse and cash"...so there's some benefits for TNA royalties to their talents (Best case, the TNA stars get a good paycheck every so often. Worst case...10 cents for this reairing of Bound for Glory? WOO HOO! I'm eating MY OWN packet of ramen tonight, bitches! No going foursies with three other TNA guys for me!"

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mike Zeidler said:

Oh, bless this thread.  There is no way TNA is a union show.  Vince has been doing non-union production for decades, why would Dixie be any different?

Vince probably pays better. At least during the Spike run, I would be shocked if Spike let them use non-union production.

40 minutes ago, DTTW said:

Vince probably pays better. At least during the Spike run, I would be shocked if Spike let them use non-union production.

Isn't part of union regulations that "the production staff gets named in the credits?" 

Considering that wrestling rarely if ever has credits (with only early WCW-era stuff having so), that isn't a guarantee for TNA having union staff.

7 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

Isn't part of union regulations that "the production staff gets named in the credits?" 

Considering that wrestling rarely if ever has credits (with only early WCW-era stuff having so), that isn't a guarantee for TNA having union staff.

Not 100% sure but I've gone uncredited working on multiple shows.