DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

Well, not sure anyone would order a pay-per-view that they weren't sure was going to be happening.

WWE needs some competition, but bless its heart, TNA is like a broken-down horse that no one will put down despite its complete misery. Everyone's just tired of watching it try, knowing full well it will fail.

There really is no one booking decision or group of booking decisions you can point to that doomed this company. For every dopey TNA angle, you can pull up at least a matching WWE testicle electrocution or kiss my ass or Dr. Hiney or whatever moment. To me this comes down to business. They are making some small profit and growing slowly on 2009 with a workable model. Then Dixie (bless her heart, Y'all) decides that its time to bring in Bischoff, Russo, Hogan, Ferrara and the rest to create Monday Night Warz 2. TNA was never profitable after. The dumbest move in the history of pro graps. 

And I will tell you I have a family and kids and car payments and a mortgage. If my company was about to go under it would suck beyond belief. There is no way I would ever root for a company to go under for any reason because there are real people trying to earn a living based on it. As much disdain I have for the whole thing, it is real easy to just not watch it and come here and enjoy this thread. 

Just because they are going to go out the way they have always been...

During the PPV, TNA spoiled the result of one of their own matches in the middle of it

• Like 3

In my heart of hearts, soul of souls, I want the big reveal to be Antonion Inoki bought the company, lord the attempts to make Lasshley legit would be amazing... or not

Seriously, though... I don't want to guys see out of work but I think to myself there have to be 50 indy feds all these guys could work regurlarly and do better for themselves in.

James

21 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

There really is no one booking decision or group of booking decisions you can point to that doomed this company. For every dopey TNA angle, you can pull up at least a matching WWE testicle electrocution or kiss my ass or Dr. Hiney or whatever moment. To me this comes down to business. They are making some small profit and growing slowly on 2009 with a workable model. Then Dixie (bless her heart, Y'all) decides that its time to bring in Bischoff, Russo, Hogan, Ferrara and the rest to create Monday Night Warz 2. TNA was never profitable after. The dumbest move in the history of pro graps. 

And I will tell you I have a family and kids and car payments and a mortgage. If my company was about to go under it would suck beyond belief. There is no way I would ever root for a company to go under for any reason because there are real people trying to earn a living based on it. As much disdain I have for the whole thing, it is real easy to just not watch it and come here and enjoy this thread. 

What if those real people are real assholes?  

For the ones that aren't, well they are finally free of a company that's been steadily circling the drain for several years, and maybe, just maybe, they can find better work elsewhere?

Even when a company doesn't go under, there can be layoffs and people still get let go and lose their job.  Nature of business.

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

TCM 2 doesn't really sully the TCM legacy, and it gave us Chop Top. Leatherface: TCM III gave us the "The Saw is Family".  Everything else that bears the Texas Chainsaw Massacre name can go fuck itself.

This is a topic for another place but I agree, though I do have a soft spot for TCM: The Beginning because of David Schow. 

22 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

Who is paying these supposed office and production people?

Billy Corgan is paying in unsold Zwan cd's, which will probably fetch a dollar or two at record stores that give cash for used cd's. The Harris Brothers are paying in Nazi memorabilia.

• Like 6

If I understand right, nobody really bought the company.  Unless we are to assume that the last person paying for the weekend is the actual owner of the company.  They found another or the same sucker to pay for tonight and another TV taping.   I figure those tapings are going to take forever to get as many months as possible

2 minutes ago, zev said:

I thought Gail Kim met Irvine on an episode of Restaurant: Impossible. Granted she was in the WWE then, but still yeah, that sounds right.

Yeah you could see he really liked her right away. Miz was funny on that show as well.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

TCM 2 doesn't really sully the TCM legacy, and it gave us Chop Top. Leatherface: TCM III gave us the "The Saw is Family".  Everything else that bears the Texas Chainsaw Massacre name can go fuck itself.

No love for the Northstar comics? But agreed, anything past 3 is hella wack, but I have a bad movie soft spot for "The Next Generation".

From the WON Radio Update last night

- "It is such a mess"

- Dixie got the money on Thursday but people are saying it was NOT Billy Corgan or the Nazis

- Dave reminds folks that Fight TV does have a small piece of TNA so it could have been them

- Since they got the money now - they have till probably mid-Nov before this whole process will start again

- WWE is back in conversation again but nothing has changed that they only want the tape library

- "No one knows anything" so basically ownership isn't talking to talent... again

6 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'd watch several hours of TNA wrestlers on shows like Iron Chef, Chopped or Man v. Food.

Did not wrestlers appear on the original Iron Chef or is my early morning brain playing with my memory? 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

From the WON Radio Update last night

- "It is such a mess"

- Dixie got the money on Thursday but people are saying it was NOT Billy Corgan or the Nazis

- Dave reminds folks that Fight TV does have a small piece of TNA so it could have been them

- Since they got the money now - they have till probably mid-Nov before this whole process will start again

- WWE is back in conversation again but nothing has changed that they only want the tape library

- "No one knows anything" so basically ownership isn't talking to talent... again

How the hell have none of these guys banded together and just striked? Like I'm pretty sure if they all held up a show right before it was about to start, they could get some answers. Granted it's a nuclear option...but when it comes to TNA you're not dealing with rational people.

On 3/10/2016 at 8:13 AM, RIPPA said:

I was about to post that Meltzer noted that Anderson was no longer with the company

I dont see Fight Network shelling out the cash.  I dont even know why or how they got involved in the first place.  Maybe they advanced them some upfront money for broadcasting their show in Canada but beyond that they show a half dozen other wrestling shows so they cant be that desperate for the programming although I do enjoy the TNA Greatest Matches shows

52 minutes ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

I dont see Fight Network shelling out the cash.  I dont even know why or how they got involved in the first place.  Maybe they advanced them some upfront money for broadcasting their show in Canada but beyond that they show a half dozen other wrestling shows so they cant be that desperate for the programming although I do enjoy the TNA Greatest Matches shows

Apparently they bought a little piece when they got the rights. I don't think anybody knew they owned a piece until John Pollock mentioned it last week.