DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

47 minutes ago, muhammedboehm said:

So with the other costs we could easily round to $2 million spent 

Holy fucking shit. At $4,000 a show, that's 500 shows he could have run....dear god. And he'd have at least recouped some money that way.

OK, hypothetically, Dixie sells the company to Corgan or Aeroflux (or both). Her attempts to make sure that as a condition of the sale, she has to retain an on-screen role as an authority figure fail, and she's out of the company completely (I know she'd rather kill the company than see it survive/ thrive/ die a slow death without her, but go with it).

Does she try to get back into Wrestling by joining (or god forbid, starting) another promotion?

Do the new owners change EC3's name, or just switch his gimmick so that he's now the company whipping boy who everyone hates, because they all resent his years of storyline untouchability?

Does Dixie go on podcasts, do shoot interviews, or hold out for the big money book deal to tell her side of the TNA story?

Do Spike TV decide they're getting back into the Wrestling business now she's out of the picture?

I assume she gets together with Vince Russo and Jerry Jarrett to start an even worse wrestling promotion.  After a couple of weeks of her back at the Panda Energy offices, I'm sure Big Daddy Carter will be happy to pay to get her the fuck out of the way again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

I assume she gets together with Vince Russo and Jerry Jarrett to start an even worse wrestling promotion.  After a couple of weeks of her back at the Panda Energy offices, I'm sure Big Daddy Carter will be happy to pay to get her the fuck out of the way again.

This is what a promotion run by Dixie, Jerry Jarrett, and Russo would look like.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, JohnnyJ said:

Yes, but it's still really hard to make a living.  During the salad days of tna guys were making real money from an alternative promotion. 

What are these "salad days" you speak of?  When Jesse Neal was bragging about being on food stamps on Twitter or when Taylor Wilde was working for minimum wage at Sunglass Hut?

51 minutes ago, Jerome Miller said:

As of 10:14 PM PST, someone has edited TNA's wikipedia page so that all references are in the past tense: "TNA was a professional wrestling organization..."

TNA's wikipedia has been restored, but I like what somebody did to GFW's wiki page.

"As of 2016, Jeff Jarrett is trying to scam people into buying small amounts of gold with Karatbars, a German company that lures people in under the guise of investing in gold, but actually sells small amounts of gold at an incredibly high price and encourages members to recruit new people to gain more benefits."

18 hours ago, muhammedboehm said:

Over/under the way she's f'ing it up is by telling WWE that as part of the deal she has to stay in control of the company and that there has to be an invasion angle on Raw or SD or both lead by her and TNA wrestlers that are all former WWE cast offs. 

I though given how Dixie's gone the last 6-8 years, it's obvious the way she's f'ing it up would be by telling WWE "the company's yours, for one dollar- you just have to add me to the "Total Divas" cast so I can have a reality show", and WWE thinks "this moron can't possibly be that stupid- something else has to be going on under the surface- the debts must be through the roof if she's willing to sell that low. We're not buying." 

Still, it's a disappointment if this is the end. I hoped they could at least run out the year of 2016. Not because I expected it to be good and let them tie up loose ends, or get stuff for POP to last the year...but because I really, really was hoping that they could last to December just so we could get "A Broken Matt and Brother Nero Christmas."

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Is it 600K for tapings, or just for the ppv? 

Either way it's way too much.

That's because they tape at Universal. Of course it's that much. If they found a small arena and tried to get people to pay to see the show, maybe they wouldn't take such a hit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Z said:

I want them to repeat the "Shane buying WCW angle", but with one of Vince's 10-year old grandchildren instead.

Or how about some super fan leaves Heath Slater 2.5 mil ( see HBK 1996 ) and instead of putting it in a college fund some sleeze in the back keeps telling him "now that you're rich you better get some tna." A confused Slater purchases the company.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

That's because they tape at Universal. Of course it's that much. If they found a small arena and tried to get people to pay to see the show, maybe they wouldn't take such a hit.

If they were going to make one specific place their semi-permanent home base for tapings, they really should have found a decent sized building in Orlando and built their own studio/arena out of it.  They probably would have saved more money in the long run by owning instead of renting.

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

If they were going to make one specific place their semi-permanent home base for tapings, they really should have found a decent sized building in Orlando and built their own studio/arena out of it.  They probably would have saved more money in the long run by owning instead of renting.

Man, what if TNA had collaborated with Fullsail U instead of FCW/NXT.

(Get some free intern to pad out the crew, like their production value wouldn't have been any worst.)

4 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Aurora Rose Levesque starts booking TNA using her wooden blocks and My Little Pony dolls.  Fluttershy wins the Knockouts title at the next Network special, WWE Presents: TNA Presents: CAT.

Boo.  I'm a dog person.  NO BUYS!

• Like 2

NY Post has a story regarding TNA looking for money and in their story they claim that some of the wrestlers flights have been cancelled.

Mike Johnson at PWI said that why he too has heard the reports about cancelled flights they are untrue.

And Bobby Lashley did an interview with ESPN claiming that Dixie is going to just fund the PPV herself if they don't have a buyer.