DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

14 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yeah, but Corgan didn't marry her. I'd have sex with Courtney Love if I had the chance. Would I marry her? Fuck no.

Throw a hot dog down a hall way and then cover it in stds. Same experience.

• Like 3

"It's Cody!  The son of "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes and the husband of our newest Knockout Brandi Rhodes!  What's he doing in the Impact Zone, partner?"

"I don't know, Josh.  We aren't even taping again until October.  Maybe he just really wanted to experience what it's like to work a TNA house show, daddy."

7 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

How funny would it be if they signed him, then Corgan made him take over the Black Reign gimmick?  Didn't Dustin carry around a literal rat in a cage for that?  That might appeal to Corgan.

Despite all her rage, Misty was just a rat in a cage. 

Saw on Twitter and it is pretty amazing that as of now the plan is for Cody Rhodes to work Wrestlemania, Bound for Glory, Final Battle, and BOLA in the same year.  You will never see a wrestler do that again.   Of course it is still possible that Final Battle doesn't happen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

How funny would it be if they signed him, then Corgan made him take over the Black Reign gimmick?  Didn't Dustin carry around a literal rat in a cage for that?  That might appeal to Corgan.

Something something Terri Runnels.

Something something New Jack something complete.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2016 at 8:55 PM, hammerva said:

Saw on Twitter and it is pretty amazing that as of now the plan is for Cody Rhodes to work Wrestlemania, Bound for Glory, Final Battle, and BOLA in the same year.  You will never see a wrestler do that again.   Of course it is still possible that Final Battle doesn't happen

Why wouldn't Final Battle happen? He signed a contract with ROH to appear at that event. It's not like he's TNA exclusive. And on the "why doesn't he just do Cody Roads or something" front:

FYI - Meltzer on the LAW show said that Cody's contract with TNA is only until Dec (but since they tape so much it will seem even longer).

He then will start with ROH for several months

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 10:18 PM, odessasteps said:

Maybe in the future, we can get Cody in King of Trios. 

if only the planets had aligned so we could have Cody, Dustin, and Dusty in the KOT. Cody and Dustin do all the work. Dusty hits the bionic elbow to a large pop and gets the pinfall.

Maybe whenever Dustin is finished with WWE we could get Cody, Dustin, and Brandi Rhodes in the KOT. I know it's not Dusty, but nothing could be.

• Like 1

I haven't gotten a chance to listen yet but apparently Dave said on the radio show last night that Billy Corgan has till Friday to buy TNA. If it doesn't happen, he is out.

And WWE is lurking in the background (I would assume most likely just waiting to there is no choice so they can get it dirt cheap)

• Like 1

God Bless the person on Reddit who already transcribed it

On today's WOR, Meltzer discussed the state of TNA...

"So… We still don’t have a deal. And time is running out. There’s no money to fund this week’s television and PPV. Um, WWE is back in the picture, which is a really interesting thing because with WWE in the picture, it could be over. And, you know, Dixie could sell to whoever she wants to sell too and I guess it’s become very complicated. Billy Corgan talked to ESPN and said, you know, he wanted to buy it but...and he’s got the money to buy it but its a complicated thing.. and he talked like it’s a deal that would take weeks to put together. And they don’t got weeks. They got like…I talked to somebody there and its essentially.. they got until Friday because that’s the last business day before Sunday. They can’t really, you know, get everything to the bank and get the money in and all that and be ready on a Sunday. It’s just not going to work. So they got a couple days to get this deal done.

Billy Corgan has also said that if he buys the company, he is changing the name of the company which, quite frankly, I would do. Just the feeling, it’s a tainted brand name and it’s just better to start with something else. Um, I would like to give it a little facelifting and get it out of Orlando, but, you know, financially, the last time they got out of Orlando, it cost them so much money that it really wasn’t worth it. And you know, they are really high on the Hardy’s thing. But everyday, you know, there’s talks going on, stuff going on and uh there’s not a lot of time.

If they sell to WWE, they are pretty much done. It’s pretty much it. You know, WWE would buy the tape library and um… there’s so much there because one of the complicated things is all the debt. There’s millions of dollars that there in the hole right now. There’s more in the hole than it would cost to buy the company. So, that make’s it real complicated. There's people who might be willing to buy the company. It’s like if Billy or Aerolux, let’s just say one of them buys it. Well, the other one would have to, you know, buy the company from Dixie for whatever it is but they are also going to have to pay the other one, the money that they put in for all those TV’s, not to mention all the other money for god knows what is still owed… wrestlers that might be behind.. whatever.. there’s so much.. its like.. its not an easy deal. Last week, I was talking to somebody from the outside, and my feeling is because the time situation, that's not happening. That deal is not happening in 4 days. With WWE, that's not as difficult because you’re just selling the tape library. With WWE, everyone would lose their job. Well, not everyone. They would take some wrestlers but the company would be done though."

• Like 1

I'm honestly hoping Billy buys it, which is something I thought I wouldn't say earlier this year.  They found their groove with the shows, and while it's not perfect they finally found that alternative that makes them stand out.  It's not WWE-lite anymore and they're not even aping LU or some other company.  There's original characters in Decay, Broken Matt/Brother Nero and the Grand Championship is unique as well.  And the storylines with a common theme of them all wanting the title brings a focus to the big picture that I like.  With all the good they've been doing I'd be sad if WWE bought them out.

• Like 5

Ummm... is anyone else like, y'know... really annoyed by the way Dave talks and writes?  Like, he's an actual adult and an .... um... experienced journalist, but, y'know, it's really hard to tell when you listen to him or read the Observer.  Y'know.  Dave can write well and be articulate when he, y'know, wants to.  But most of the time...umm.. he doesn't seem to proofread.  Lots of typos, run-on sentences, sentences that are so poorly worded as to be unclear.... Y'know... And then there are all the "ummms...", "you know's", "like".  Sometimes, he's, like, barely capable of putting together a sentence without saying "like" or "you know".  You know.  I have to.... um... try and make myself remember that he's an experienced journalist, not... um... the slacker 17-year-old taking my pizza order.  Like, seriously.

My guess is that Dixie ends up selling the company to WWE and the company finally shuts down.  I kinda feel that, if the Corgan deal was going to get done, it would have been done by now.  Or, at a minimum, he would be putting cash into the company to fund the upcoming TV tapings and PPV.

• Like 6