DVDVR Message Board

2016 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

Gonzo

Once I got the tech for plasma lasers and the mods that improve aim by ten percent, the game opened right up for me. 

I also stopped reloading immediately and started switching to pistols after expending the primary weapon, and it saved me time and grief.

Also, overwatch overwatch overwatch. 

Glad to see Jonathan Blow doing a Myst-like and getting love for it. I am not a Myst guy, but I'm glad that this game exists because the people who like games like Myst are under-served. 

Decided to try and play some Madden 13. Why is it practically impossible to complete passes in online mode? I finished 3 for 15 passing, but my opponent threw me five interceptions so we kept it close.

I lost 14-3... I was the Bengals, at home to the Browns. Very unrealistic.

Marvel Heroes 2015 became Marvel Heroes 2016 today! And they added a ton of shit including a playable Blact Cat, an Agent Venom companion, and CONTROLLER SUPPORT! If you haven't tried this free game, you are actively ruining your life. Stop ruining your life, yo. I care about you.

Marvel Heroes 2015 became Marvel Heroes 2016 today! And they added a ton of shit including a playable Blact Cat, an Agent Venom companion, and CONTROLLER SUPPORT! If you haven't tried this free game, you are actively ruining your life. Stop ruining your life, yo. I care about you.

EDIT: Oh, and a new story chapter based on Secret Invasion.

in playing the new Street Fighter beta, I have decided that I currently blow, and am resetting to the very beginning- I'm going to learn Ryu. I'm going to play nothing but Ryu until Urien comes out, and then I'm probably going to switch to Urien. But at the moment, I suck. Alarmingly. So I need to just... treat it like I've never played a fighting game before.

in playing the new Street Fighter beta, I have decided that I currently blow, and am resetting to the very beginning- I'm going to learn Ryu. I'm going to play nothing but Ryu until Urien comes out, and then I'm probably going to switch to Urien. But at the moment, I suck. Alarmingly. So I need to just... treat it like I've never played a fighting game before.

Actually managed to beat a couple of C-tier pros.   Game is pretty fun, just gotta learn how to predict what people are going to do, or force them into doing what you want them to do.

Actually managed to beat a couple of C-tier pros.   Game is pretty fun, just gotta learn how to predict what people are going to do, or force them into doing what you want them to do.

Like, my problem is that I took Street Fighter 4 off after Super, pretty much. I really didn't like the Focus Attack stuff and didn't want to learn it. in the past, when I skipped 3 I supplanted that with, like, other fighting games (KoF and Garou), but this time I just didn't play anything. I made like four albums and wrote a fifth instead. So now like all of my patience and execution is just shot to shit.

It probably didn't help that I was trying Necalli, who needs to be inside to work, and I don't have the nerve to succeed inside right now. So, yeah. Ryu time. Simple punishes and range management. Back to the basics.

I have a soft spot for fighting games but I can't imagine ever trying to get good at one.

I've gotten good enough and played online enough to consider myself OK and also realize that as long as I have a job and adulthood, I'll never get past OK.

Also, where the hell is Virtua Fighter 6?

Controller support isn't perfect, as there's just way too much stuff to bind to a controller with limited buttons, but it works just fine overall. I played a few hours last year at some point and enjoyed it, but I'm on my laptop and definitely prefer controller support over mouse and keyboard without the mouse. Could definitely see myself pumping more time into it. Of course, as far as my PC gaming time goes, it's all Rocket League, all the time...