DVDVR Message Board

2016 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

Gonzo

**Andrew POE!Yesterday, 11:56 PM

Trying to do all the multiplayer trophies for Call of Duty: Black Ops III during the double XP weekend. The COD 'community' can suck a bag of dicks.**

COD community is probably the worst community in all of online gaming, what with the racism, homophobia, mom jokes and tea-bagging.

in playing the new Street Fighter beta, I have decided that I currently blow, and am resetting to the very beginning- I'm going to learn Ryu. I'm going to play nothing but Ryu until Urien comes out, and then I'm probably going to switch to Urien. But at the moment, I suck. Alarmingly. So I need to just... treat it like I've never played a fighting game before.

Actually managed to beat a couple of C-tier pros.   Game is pretty fun, just gotta learn how to predict what people are going to do, or force them into doing what you want them to do.

Like, my problem is that I took Street Fighter 4 off after Super, pretty much. I really didn't like the Focus Attack stuff and didn't want to learn it. in the past, when I skipped 3 I supplanted that with, like, other fighting games (KoF and Garou), but this time I just didn't play anything. I made like four albums and wrote a fifth instead. So now like all of my patience and execution is just shot to shit.

It probably didn't help that I was trying Necalli, who needs to be inside to work, and I don't have the nerve to succeed inside right now. So, yeah. Ryu time. Simple punishes and range management. Back to the basics.

That will do you a lot more good in 5 than it would in 4.  They cut out a lot of the stupid crap in 5.

As for Virtua Fighter 6, Akira did make a cameo in Dengeki Bunko fighter.   I have low faith it will ever happen, but SF5 did scratch my VF itch very well.

Game has some of the same concepts.

Trying to do all the multiplayer trophies for Call of Duty: Black Ops III during the double XP weekend. The COD 'community' can suck a bag of dicks.**

COD community is probably the worst community in all of online gaming, what with the racism, homophobia, mom jokes and tea-bagging.

Try playing a wrestling game or GTA Online sometime

Try playing a wrestling game or GTA Online sometime

Have you ever played an MMO, DOTA, or Starcraft?

Finally collected up all my 360 stuff and hauled it down to Gamestop to get ripped off on a trade-in.  Was pretty happy when the total ended up being something like $130.  I didn't realize how many games and accessories I had lying around everywhere.  Picked up Fallout 4 and just stored the rest on a card for a rainy day.

I've had people shit-talk me on Chess with Friends.  It's bad everywhere.

I get a ton of this on Yahtzi with Buddies.  Shit talking a time wasting game that is 99% chance baffles me but I see it every day.

I've had people shit-talk me on Chess with Friends.  It's bad everywhere.

I have been called asshole in real life after a chess game at least once and I have witnessed multiple times people almost going for a fist fight in chess tournaments. It's not FPS or the internet that brings out the worst in people, any sort of competition does that. In the end humans are just animals with less concern (depending on where they are living) about their next meal.

Except you still have to download and/or install stuff onto the PS4 these days. From my understanding, there's little to no difference between buying a disc and downloading a game. With the PS4, if you go digital, you can at least share your downloaded games with a (trusted) friend by making their console your account's primary machine. You can even play the same game simultaneously.

Except you still have to download and/or install stuff onto the PS4 these days. From my understanding, there's little to no difference between buying a disc and downloading a game. With the PS4, if you go digital, you can at least share your downloaded games with a (trusted) friend by making their console your account's primary machine. You can even play the same game simultaneously.

Thanks for the info. I've skipped out in the past on PSN sales due to preferring discs for the space, but if it doesn't matter for the PS4 I may as well take advantage.

This can go here:

2K Studios are getting sued by the tattoo artist for LeBron James for violating copyright. By accurately reproducing his tattoos in NBA 2k16, and not paying for the rights to do so, they (potentially) violated the copyright on the artwork.

This can go here:

2K Studios are getting sued by the tattoo artist for LeBron James for violating copyright. By accurately reproducing his tattoos in NBA 2k16, and not paying for the rights to do so, they (potentially) violated the copyright on the artwork.

Wouldn't the guy then have to sue any website that puts up a picture of LeBron showing his tats?

It is an interesting theory. Does he still own the work? If I buy a painting and some website shows it without permission and makes some profit somehow, wouldn't I be the one suing them? I'd think once an artist sells something to someone they lose those rights.

Dota may have the worst and most abusive community.

Not only that, but 9/10 of people playing are people seemingly new to Dota or they just aren't godlike. If you aren't godlike, you get your teammates telling both teams to report you for sucking, basically. And then you receive your "report" and see that others have negatively reported you, all because you weren't some pro-level esport gamer. It's fucking stupid.

This can go here:

Wouldn't the guy then have to sue any website that puts up a picture of LeBron showing his tats?
No. That's not how copyright works.

It is an interesting theory. Does he still own the work? If I buy a painting and some website shows it without permission and makes some profit somehow, wouldn't I be the one suing them? I'd think once an artist sells something to someone they lose those rights.

He still owns the rights to the artwork. LeBron, essentially, bought a copy of that artwork to put on himself. The artist still owns it.