DVDVR Message Board

2016 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

Gonzo

Fresh, is XCom2's RNG better than 1's, and does it still roll before you even do an action?

That was probably 1's most glaring problem.

I don't know what these words mean.

But I made a chick in a skull facepaint like Vampiro who stabs aliens with a goddamn sword. Game of the Decade.

See, that you don't know what a RNG is yet run a gaming channel keeps me from taking you seriously.

Cool.

Fresh, is XCom2's RNG better than 1's, and does it still roll before you even do an action?

But I made a chick in a skull facepaint like Vampiro who stabs aliens with a goddamn sword. Game of the Decade.

See, that you don't know what a RNG is yet run a gaming channel keeps me from taking you seriously.

Cool.

Totes. That would be like being a wresting fan and not knowing the difference between a SSP and a Firebird Splash. Amateur, your opinions are now no longer valid. (I hope sarcasm reads over the Internet)

I am off work Mon to Thurs so I hope to get some quality XCom 2 time in soon. Very excited.

• Like 1

Cool.

Totes. That would be like being a wresting fan and not knowing the difference between a SSP and a Firebird Splash. Amateur, your opinions are now no longer valid. (I hope sarcasm reads over the Internet)

I am off work Mon to Thurs so I hope to get some quality XCom 2 time in soon. Very excited.

I'm just not hardcore enough! I bow to your l33t skills.

I downloaded Avengers Academy for Android.

1) I have no idea how this qualifies as a game.  It's Progressquest for a new era.

2) Jesus shit is it a battery hog.  

I deleted it.

EDITED TO ADD: Whatever 'game' this is stealing its ideas from, I'm pretty sure the original is what inspired the "Freemium Isn't Free" ep of South Park.

I bought BATTLEFRONT for half-off during the PSN sale. Mainly due to peer pressure from some members of my DESTINY clan who wanted to play something else while that game is in a down cycle.

I've only played an hour or two, but so far, this game seems like anti-fun. I immediately regret my decision.

Went in to trade in more to Gamestop today just planning on getting cash for all the old crap I had laying around the house that I never touch anymore.

Of course I get talked into a Power Pro Membership & taking the whole trade in amount in store credit.  I have no clue what I'm going to do with $250 Gamestop monies (the dude claimed they sold Amazon gift cards on their website, which if it's actually true I'll probably just buy the full amount in those), but at least I don't have to worry about not being able to afford a game again for forever.

Now to figure out what to buy with that Buy 2 get 1 free coupon that should arrive in the mail soon... 

GF wants me to play League of Legends with her, but she only plays Vs AI and all-random modes because she hates the community.  I got the 8-champ free pack from Amazon, but have not done the tutorial.  I played a little bit of Heroes and Infinite Crisis and came to the conclusion that I was unwilling to invest enough time in the genre to have fun at it.

You can get amazon gift cards usually in store.

Lot of choice games coming out this week

Arslan: Heroic Warriors of Legend, Unravel, new packs for Neverwinter and Dying Light, and.. oh yeah, some obscure fighting game. Street Fighter V I think it's called.

Yo-Kai watch has inspirited my soul.

So fucking fun.

Yo-Kai Watch is the game my son got for Christmas that he's become infatuated with.  He even watched the show on YouTube.  It looks like a fun franchise and he said I could start a save file on his game, but I don't need to start another game that I'll ignore while I'm grinding rifts in Diablo 3.  

I've got a Firebird's Finery/Etched Sigil/Disintegrate/Meteor Shower build going on and I'm powering through TX rifts.  I'm just a few seconds slow on completing a greater rift at that difficulty, but I think I'll eventually get lucky enough RNG on the mob density/elite spawns to get through it one of these times.

• Like 2

If you start a save file it might end up being DAD I WANT MY DS BACK.  They have not one but TWO fart based monsters.  I'm not made of stone.  This game is for me. 

I got the system so I could play Persona Q and have played it about five minutes

So, thr two biggest XCOM fans on the board are the guy who does youtube, and the guy who streams and has a blog.

XCOM 2 has online multiplayer.

C'mon guys, hook 'em up. The Foz and Fresh Connection.

I got Knights of the Old Republic and Knights of the Old Republic 2 on Steam for 6 bucks. I miss when RPGs were just fucking RPGs. And these are two of the best RPGs ever.

Well, one of them is anyway.  The other one is two thirds of a really, really good, if buggy, RPG.

I would pay many dollars for KOTOR 3, assuming it played like KOTOR, and not some half-assed Dragon Age 2/Inquisition action RPG style.