DVDVR Message Board

Seth Rollins out 6-9 months with torn ACL

tlk23

So, assuming no Orton or Cena, and that they don't call in Brock for a short stretch, here's my best guess on a field.

Wyatt

Reigns

Ambrose

Del Rio

Owens

Ziggler

Cesaro

Sheamus.

That's.... actually, I'd be cool with it just b ecause it would feel fresh, but still....

Or they could leave Sheamus out of the tournament entirely, but that would just be a flashing neon light that pretty much says "SHEAMUS WILL BE CASHING IN HIS MONEY IN THE BANK SHOT AGAINST WHOEVER WINS THIS TOURNAMENT."

They did that for WM and Rollins.  Everyone knew that was coming a mile away.

I am fine with a Sheamus cash-in. The chase is what's fun and makes wrestling. Roman having the rug cut out out from under him AGAIN gives him odds he has to overcome, and at WrestleMania where he came so close to doing the unthinkable until Rollins wormed his way into the spot.

Sheamus is a really solid worker. Have The Authhority do the lifting on the mic and setting the table for him and that's a fine feud.

Unfortunately, everyone will laugh at Sheamus being the champ because you have to spend months trying to make him look like a serious champ after spending months trying to make Rollins a serious champ.

The best thing for Sheamus is to have him pull a Sandow and lose so The Authority chases the new champ building him up but that makes sense.  I see zero chance of that happening.

Sheamus should lose so they can close the door on that poor booking decision and act like it never happened.

Crazy .000000001% chance of happening booking: Austin wins it all. Stunners and Steveweisers for everyone.

I suppose Bryan could suddenly be cleared as well.

I really feel though, that Wyatt, Roman, or Cesaro is walking away as champion and Cesaro as champ and Authority representative has the best legs to make it a few months to Royal Rumble. Then again, Brock beating the champ at RR and Roman winning the RR is way too much of a repeat, but it does give us Cesaro vs Brock.

It's how they killed Luger in 93. It's why RAW was nigh unwatchable in 2003 with Triple H on top. It's how Orton's unified title run killed off a guy that has always been over for 15 years, resulting in crowds not paying attention to anything was doing for months. It's why Seth Rollins title reign has been a disaster that has led to the worst ratings in nearly twenty years.

They need to put the belt on Reigns with three clean wins and then have him beat Sheamus too. Go all in.

The only issue I have with that is if Roman blows through four heels, what's left for him aside from turning heel himself?  Let's say he beats Wyatt, Owens, and Del Rio, then beats Sheamus.  Now what?  The only interesting match-ups left are with other faces (Cena, Ambrose, Orton, Lesnar.) 

• Like 1

If ANYONE else had the briefcase I would have have them win the tournament so they have the belt AND the briefcase.

At least it would be a different angle than the horrible stale usual MitB cash ins.  You could have built up whatever heel by them losing at the Rumble, attacking the winner then cashing in and regaining the title then finally losing it at Mania.

But again...it's Sheamus so nope.

• Like 2

Finn Balor enters the tournament and makes it to the finals against Roman.  HHH comes down to the ring and throws Finn a bag of legos.  Finn looks confused and argues with HHH.  Stephanie then comes down and throws Roman a bag of mega block.  Roman cracks Finn, WWE signs a deal with Mega Blocks, the fans are disappointed, and Vince counts his fucking money.  

• Like 4

I have trouble seeing Bray in the tournament. Taker's 25th anniversary has been one of the selling points of the show. I don't see that being cancelled.

I hate the idea of turning Reigns now. It just seems dumb to do just as he really has been gaining the audience back. I'm with Folwer in that they should just go all in and give him the belt.

My wife's friend said Rollins' skin is the only thing keeping his upper/lower leg attached. YEESH. Does he come back from this at 100%?

He'd better call Adrian Peterson's surgeon and physical therapist.  Of course, it'd help if he's a genetic freak like Peterson.  Not sure if that's the case.

I'm picturing Bray beating Roman in the finals for the title, Undertaker and Kane attack all the Wyatts after the match, leaving Sheamus to cash in MITB and easily beat Bray for the title, and Survivor Series draws to a close.  The next night on Raw, Sheamus aligns with the Authority and, since it's how the Authority rolls, they taunt Roman for still being unable to win the title.  Meanwhile, Bray conveniently removes himself from the title picture by blaming Undertaker for everything that went wrong the night before, thereby continuing their feud.

Can't believe Seth's out for 6-9 months... crazy. Terrible end for his long reign with no one ever getting to finally beat him. Sucks that he has to miss WrestleMania. Rollins, Orton, and Cena all out at the same time.

Celebrate the Undertaker's 25th anniversary with a title victory. The obvious Sheamus cash in prevents Taker having to be full time or anything. I hope they don't do any heel turn swerves but definitely could see it happening.. especially in a Reigns/Ambrose final. They do have Cesaro using the Sharpshooter as a finish. I'd love to see a 16 man tournament rather than just 8, include some surprise entrants like James Storm and/or one-off returning legends. Time to let Survivor Series join  SummerSlam and extend to 4 hours for the WrestleMania of Thanksgiving.

Finn Balor enters the tournament and makes it to the finals against Roman. HHH comes down to the ring and throws Finn a bag of legos. Finn looks confused and argues with HHH. Stephanie then comes down and throws Roman a bag of mega block. Roman cracks Finn, WWE signs a deal with Mega Blocks, the fans are disappointed, and Vince counts his fucking money.

They already have WWE mega blocks

If Rock or Shawn are made special guest ref, bet on the former. Also, the roster equivalent of Duane Gill will be in the tournament. Zack Ryder or something.

They haven't announced a Survivor Series match right?  They COULD just have Bray enter the tournament and then put Undertaker in there as his opponent.  I don't mind them still doing a traditional elimination match but I do think Bray should be in the tournament so it's a weird situation.

But yeah, this is a bad deal. Say what you want about Rollins title run but they haven't done crap to build up anyone.