DVDVR Message Board

Seth Rollins out 6-9 months with torn ACL

tlk23

Eh, a tournament that involves someone having to wrestle three times to win just SCREAMS for Sheamus cashing in at the end on the exhausted winner to become the champ.

And if the Wyatt/Taker angle gets dropped so Wyatt can be in the tournament, I don't see why Taker or Kane couldn't be in it too. 

Wyatt

Taker

Lesnar

Cena

Del Rio

Owens

Reigns

Ambrose 

would be a pretty badass group of 8.

Eh, a tournament that involves someone having to wrestle three times to win just SCREAMS for Sheamus cashing in at the end on the exhausted winner to become the champ.

And if the Wyatt/Taker angle gets dropped so Wyatt can be in the tournament, I don't see why Taker or Kane couldn't be in it too. 

Wyatt

Taker

Lesnar

Cena

Del Rio

Owens

Reigns

Ambrose 

Who says you have to drop the angle instead of just having Taker be out a little longer.

So, assuming no Orton or Cena, and that they don't call in Brock for a short stretch, here's my best guess on a field.

Wyatt

Reigns

Ambrose

Del Rio

Owens

Ziggler

Cesaro

Sheamus.

That's.... actually, I'd be cool with it just b ecause it would feel fresh, but still....

Or they could leave Sheamus out of the tournament entirely, but that would just be a flashing neon light that pretty much says "SHEAMUS WILL BE CASHING IN HIS MONEY IN THE BANK SHOT AGAINST WHOEVER WINS THIS TOURNAMENT."

• Like 1

Fucking Sheamus really is going to get the fucking belt now.  FUCK

I was only kidding about the Sheamus vs Orton WrestleMania Main Event

I wasn't trying to release it upon reality

fuck

I'm so sorry

I know I know take my panties off if I'm sorry...

• Like 3

I am fine with a Sheamus cash-in. The chase is what's fun and makes wrestling. Roman having the rug cut out out from under him AGAIN gives him odds he has to overcome, and at WrestleMania where he came so close to doing the unthinkable until Rollins wormed his way into the spot.

Sheamus is a really solid worker. Have The Authhority do the lifting on the mic and setting the table for him and that's a fine feud.

• Like 1

Wyatt

Taker

Lesnar

Cena

Del Rio

Owens

Reigns

Ambrose

Who says you have to drop the angle instead of just having Taker be out a little longer.

Because the show is being hyped as "THE 25th ANNIVERSARY OF THE UNDERTAKER." He kinda has to be there.

Fucking Sheamus really is going to get the fucking belt now.  FUCK

I was only kidding about the Sheamus vs Orton WrestleMania Main Event

I wasn't trying to release it upon reality

fuck

We should feed you to the snapping turtles in the DVDVR moat for unleashing that dark force into the universe.

• Like 2

They should put the belt on Ambrose in the tournament and then have Sheamus fuck him with MitB right after so we can get another Daniel Bryan-like revolt from the fans for the next five months as they slide Ambrose back down the card. That would be the most personally fun thing for me to watch over the next few months.

• Like 1

I don't think they'll have an entire 8 Man tournament on the PPV. That alone would be 7 matches, and they still have the Wyatts/BoD match, the Diva's title match and possibly a Tag title match. That would be too many matches for one PPV.

So, assuming no Orton or Cena, and that they don't call in Brock for a short stretch, here's my best guess on a field.

Wyatt

Reigns

Ambrose

Del Rio

Owens

Ziggler

Cesaro

Sheamus.

That's.... actually, I'd be cool with it just b ecause it would feel fresh, but still....

Or they could leave Sheamus out of the tournament entirely, but that would just be a flashing neon light that pretty much says "SHEAMUS WILL BE CASHING IN HIS MONEY IN THE BANK SHOT AGAINST WHOEVER WINS THIS TOURNAMENT."

I'd have him bring out a folding chair during the finals and sit on the ramp clutching the briefcase. Make it THAT obvious. 

• Like 1

WWE is, has always been, and likely will always be, awful at booking main event title chases. They have never figured out how to screw the babyface and keep both him and the heel looking strong, and get the crowd mad but still engaged.

It's how they killed Luger in 93. It's why RAW was nigh unwatchable in 2003 with Triple H on top. It's how Orton's unified title run killed off a guy that has always been over for 15 years, resulting in crowds not paying attention to anything was doing for months. It's why Seth Rollins title reign has been a disaster that has led to the worst ratings in nearly twenty years.

They need to put the belt on Reigns with three clean wins and then have him beat Sheamus too. Go all in.

• Like 9

Has WWE ever addressed why a MITB winner can't just cash in while the belt is vacant and declare himself champion?

Indie fed in my area did that once.  Guy had a secondary title that let him challenge for the main championship at any time(MITB-style), main champion was injured in the match where he won the title, number-two champion "cashed in", won by forfeit.

Goddammit! Until evilwaldo posted the picture of Sheamus, I didn't even consider that, but like others, I totally see that happening. SHIT!

If that doesn't happen, I see three outcomes:

1. Bray vs Roman final with Bray winning. He has the Undertaker's power, which he stole to beat Roman. Now is as good a time as any.

2. Roman vs Owens with probably Roman winning. For two weeks straight, when these two faced off, the crowd went apeshit. If you want to go the Deadly Games route, you have it look like Owens is in the Authority's pocket, only for the swerve to happen and it's really Roman as the Authority's pick. Yeah, we're all sick of the Authority, but they're not going away so you have to plan accordingly. Roman becomes the hated heel and Owens becomes the loved anti-hero. It's maybe a year or two too soon, but maybe it's time.

3. Again, a repeat of Deadly Games, but not necessarily with Roman, who seems too obvious. When it happened with the Rock, to me, I didn't see it coming at all. So there's only one guy that qualifies for that, in my mind, and given WWE booking patterns with future champions, it makes sense considering how much he's been a non-factor lately. Yeah, I'm talking about Cesaro. I'm just not sure who he beats for the championship.