DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL - WEEK FOUR

Dolfan in NYC

Ladies, gentlemen and sports fans, it is that time once again.  It's time to separate the chaff from the wheat, time to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.  Sure your team might not have a quarterback (or maybe you wish they didn't), or a "Winning Attitude"; but that doesn't mean you can't win at something.  Sometimes in life the only thing you can succeed at is failure and we have just the award for that sort of team.  It is time for....

Top of the Bottom 2015:  The Goodellening!

Yes it is time to find out which teams will battle it out over that most un-prestigious award in all of sports....The Goodell Trophy!  As per last year rankings are based on win/loss records with ties solved by strength of schedule and if I remember to read things correctly!  TO THE LIST~!

1.) New Orleans      0-3

2.) Detroit                0-3

3.) Chicago              0-3

4.) Baltimore            0-3

5.) Indianapolis        1-2

6.) Huston                1-2

7.) Tampa Bay         1-2

8.) Tennessee          1-2

9.)  Jacksonville        1-2

10.) Phladelphia        1-2

Let's be honest here, its still early enough that things are a hot mess and the real losers have yet to sink to the bottom; but some things are apparent.  First and foremost, the reigning and defending Goodell Trophy holders, my beloved Bucs, are in the thick of things. And the AFC South is certainly our undisputed Best at Being the Worst division right now, as every team has managed to tie for last in their division.  You have to admit that takes a certain (lack of) skill!  

But let's take a look at our three perfect teams right now.  New Orleans gets two freebies against Tampa, so the odds of them chasing perfection is slim.  Detroit doesn't have the defense it once did, but at some point that defense is bound to click and spoil their chances at true greatness; that leaves us with poor Chicago.  Not to kick a team  while their QB's down (that's for Pittsburgh), but they're down one Frownin' Jay Cutler and seem to be selling of bits and pieces for one hell of a run in the 6th round of next year's draft.  I don't think I need to tell you this is not a good sign.

But hey the season is still young!  There is still hope out there for every team out there and not just the liquid type you keep in a flask!  But when that hope is drained, when you start thinking more about next year's draft then next week's game; we'll be here waiting for you!  You can check out any time you want, but you can never truly leave.....The Top of the Bottom!

• Like 7

You gotta put the Niners in the bottom ten by next week, man.  They gave up 40+ points in back-to-back weeks. The defense is atrocious. The offense isn't very good either. Even the Vikings game was ugly as hell.  Nice win but the first half was terrible.  

Well they were one of the fifteen teams that were eligible to be on the list, they just happen to have the third toughest Strength of Schedule this year so they just missed the cut.  I'm sure in the coming weeks they'll find their way on the list.

• Like 1

YAY!!! One of my favorite things of the year is back!

And it's weird, I kept looking through the list for the Raiders and was a little miffed to not see them.  

Ladies, gentlemen and sports fans, it is that time once again.  It's time to separate the chaff from the wheat, time to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.  Sure your team might not have a quarterback (or maybe you wish they didn't), or a "Winning Attitude"; but that doesn't mean you can't win at something.  Sometimes in life the only thing you can succeed at is failure and we have just the award for that sort of team.  It is time for....

Top of the Bottom 2015:  The Goodellening!

Yes it is time to find out which teams will battle it out over that most un-prestigious award in all of sports....The Goodell Trophy!  As per last year rankings are based on win/loss records with ties solved by strength of schedule and if I remember to read things correctly!  TO THE LIST~!

1.) New Orleans      0-3

2.) Detroit                0-3

3.) Chicago              0-3

4.) Baltimore            0-3

5.) Indianapolis        1-2

6.) Huston                1-2

7.) Tampa Bay         1-2

8.) Tennessee          1-2

9.)  Jacksonville        1-2

10.) Phladelphia        1-2

Let's be honest here, its still early enough that things are a hot mess and the real losers have yet to sink to the bottom; but some things are apparent.  First and foremost, the reigning and defending Goodell Trophy holders, my beloved Bucs, are in the thick of things. And the AFC South is certainly our undisputed Best at Being the Worst division right now, as every team has managed to tie for last in their division.  You have to admit that takes a certain (lack of) skill!  

But let's take a look at our three perfect teams right now.  New Orleans gets two freebies against Tampa, so the odds of them chasing perfection is slim.  Detroit doesn't have the defense it once did, but at some point that defense is bound to click and spoil their chances at true greatness; that leaves us with poor Chicago.  Not to kick a team  while their QB's down (that's for Pittsburgh), but they're down one Frownin' Jay Cutler and seem to be selling of bits and pieces for one hell of a run in the 6th round of next year's draft.  I don't think I need to tell you this is not a good sign.

But hey the season is still young!  There is still hope out there for every team out there and not just the liquid type you keep in a flask!  But when that hope is drained, when you start thinking more about next year's draft then next week's game; we'll be here waiting for you!  You can check out any time you want, but you can never truly leave.....The Top of the Bottom!

I also enjoy the weekly Best of the Worst Power Rankings. However, I would suggest a name change along the lines of Suck for Luck. This year has to be all about Leonard Fournette. Somebody wittier than me can probably come up with a clever name for the scramble to draft the next AD.

I also enjoy the weekly Best of the Worst Power Rankings. However, I would suggest a name change along the lines of Suck for Luck. This year has to be all about Leonard Fournette. Somebody wittier than me can probably come up with a clever name for the scramble to draft the next AD.

He can't come out after this year. Only a sophomore.

Seriously, though, I would think about it. I know a year of rust or whatever but running backs, man, they already have such a dicey shelf life as it is. I know there's many cases of guys blowing a tire and coming back to have a good career - Frank Gore probably most notably - but Fournette could go from easy 1st overall to who knows where off one bad hit. I didn't know he wasn't eligible this year. Football (and basketball) have really stupid draft rules.

Oh yeah - the hot new discussion is folks being all HE SHOULD TAKE NEXT YEAR OFF SO HE DOESNT GET HURT!!!

I would very much appreciate it if Fournette would skip the games vs A&M this year and next.  My concern is purely for his health, and has nothing to do with the 500 yards he's likely to run for in those two games.

• Like 1

Fail For Fournette '15

(all the alliteration anyone could aspire to acquire)

• Like 1

Seriously, though, I would think about it. I know a year of rust or whatever but running backs, man, they already have such a dicey shelf life as it is. I know there's many cases of guys blowing a tire and coming back to have a good career - Frank Gore probably most notably - but Fournette could go from easy 1st overall to who knows where off one bad hit. I didn't know he wasn't eligible this year. Football (and basketball) have really stupid draft rules.

Even if he could come out this year, he wouldn't go first overall. Running back just isn't that hard of a position to fill in the NFL.

Andrew Luck is fighting a shoulder injury so pray for you-know-who.

I appreciate you thinking of me. I really need a big week from Luck for my FF team with Gronk having a bye.

Oh wait, you weren't talking about me?

To steal a bit from Simmons: Kaep for Cutler, who says no(or yes)?

The 49ers say no, because they're going to suck any way, and sucking with Cutler seems like kicking yourself in the nuts.

To keep the game going, Cutler for RGIII and/or Cousins.

To steal a bit from Simmons: Kaep for Cutler, who says no(or yes)?

The 49ers say no, because they're going to suck any way, and sucking with Cutler seems like kicking yourself in the nuts.

To keep the game going, Cutler for RGIII and/or Cousins.

I think RG3 is a fun answer to what would be the only thing that would make Bears fans more miserable.

Cutler for Mallet?