DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL - WEEK FOUR

Dolfan in NYC

Fun fact, (Sorry NFiCT)  Kaepernick had a higher passer rating when passing to AZ than to SF:

When throwing to SF:
9/19 for 67 yards, 0 TD and 4 int: 16.7 Passer Rating

When throwing to AZ:
4/19 for 71 yards, 2 TD and 9 INT: 38.2 Passer Rating

And the "Jed York and Trent Baalke reap the whirlwind" tour continues this weekend as the Packers come out to San Francisco Santa Clara.

The only silver linings are "at least they won't go 0-16" (for which Jed and Trent need to put the Vikings owner and GM on their Christmas Card list for life) and the fact that anyone with half a lick of sense (i.e. not the people who enabled this by renewing season tickets) knew they were going to be terrible.  I was prepared for this.

And they're half dead to me anyway between those cashgrab black uniforms and trading away Andy Lee, whose magnificent punting was the only bright sport during the last Dark Ages.  Even the new punter sucks!

I honestly can't make up my mind whether to hope Aaron Rodgers takes it easy on the team he grew up rooting for or whether he gives York and Baalke the double middle finger on my behalf and drops 60 on this JV Squad.  Hell, go for 74 and break the NFL record.

[And the best part is they can't bench Kaepernick because the backup is Blaine Gabbert, nor can they fire Tomsula because lol what person with actual head coach qualifications would want to work for these knuckleheads now?  We know the destination but the journey is going to be a loooooooooooong straight inevitable march.]

I thought they extended it to be all season a year ago.   I could be completely wrong about that.

And to be fair, that SF/NY game will probably still do humongous numbers because of media market and fanbase size, regardless of how bad they are. 

• Like 1

tumblr_inline_np0k7qKmuX1qzodbd_500.gif

Damn, that's just cold.  And what Irsay wants to do to Pagano at the end of this season.

What's funny is Pagano's gonna get the Colts to the playoffs (because the division is horrible), lose in the playoffs, get fired before the Pro Bowl, get hired after the Super Bowl

I thought they extended it to be all season a year ago.   I could be completely wrong about that.

And to be fair, that SF/NY game will probably still do humongous numbers because of media market and fanbase size, regardless of how bad they are. 

Can't flex until Week 5 and then two games total can be flexed between Week 5 and 10

• Like 1

Knowing what we know now about the probability of permanent damage for pretty much everyone who plays, is it bad that I'm as OK with Welker playing if he could be cleared as I would be with anyone else?

That sentence probably doesn't make much sense. I guess what I'm trying to say is, where do you draw the line?

You have Golden Tate and Megatron. Problem isn't receivers. Adding Welker wouldn't suddenly prevent Stafford from making poor decisions, he wouldn't improve the o-line, abs he wouldn't give Ebron better hands.

You have Golden Tate and Megatron. Problem isn't receivers. Adding Welker wouldn't suddenly prevent Stafford from making poor decisions, he wouldn't improve the o-line, abs he wouldn't give Ebron better hands.

Or this: LOL. . . . .  http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13772439/golden-tate-opposing-players-calling-detroit-lions-plays

Yeah, I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish it was Carolina working them out.

Our WRs are garbage but it's a lot to expect Carolina to make multiple moves during the season.

Also I'd rather have Moss. Seriously.

At this point I'd take petite Randy Moss.

Or this: LOL. . . . . http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13772439/golden-tate-opposing-players-calling-detroit-lions-plays
Not saying the problem IS receivers - but I'd be happy to take another one, especially if it's a reasonably healthy Welker.

Detroit's playcalling and offensive line have both been atrocious last year and this year. Combine that with a Matthew Stafford who not only makes poor decisions, but makes SLOW decisions, and you get a disaster on offense. There's a reason he's #2 in the league the last couple years (behind Cam Cam) at drawing personal foul calls - he holds onto the ball absolutely forever.