DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL - WEEK FOUR

Dolfan in NYC

If you're a realistic Colts fan, you saw some of this coming. Through the excitement of just having Luck and T.Y., along with acquiring AJ and Gore, was just a shitty, shitty job of improving any other aspect of the team. Deadspin was the first place that I saw any mention of how poorly Grigson setup this team. To make matters worse, Luck may be hurt.

Meanwhile, I think the Texans look better than I initially gave them credit for. Their QB situation is...not good...but I like their receiving corps and a healthy Foster should help things as well, especially if Alfred Blue is as good as he was last week.

I don't know, I could see the Colts losing the AFC South. It's not a pretty situation.

Meanwhile, as for the Bears, Jesus, I think they could go 0-16. They're so fucking bad. To make matters worse, they could get the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft, and they'll fuck that up too. 

The Bears do play the Buccaneers, the Washington FC, the Chargers (who every year seem to lose a game to a really horrible team randomly, then beat a top 5 team the next week), and the 49ers. They actually have a pretty soft schedule on paper.

This may not matter. But when your last 5 games are 49ers, Washington, Vikings, Bucs, Lions if you somehow don't win a couple of those pretty much everyone everywhere should be fired.

Taking the same pass play that failed at the end of Super Bowl 47 and running it again in a virtually identical game situation in the 2013 NFC Championship Game where it failed again in a virtually identical manner has left a bit of a bad taste in our mouths. :)

But if it worked, he would be a genius :) I care more about how a game is called drive by drive overall (which is why I didn't like Nate Hackett, he never made adjustments or played to the player's strengths), then focusing on one bad call or one bad drive. What I have seen this year has been very positive.

From Drew Magary's weekly column on Deadspin(the take down of fan duel/Draft Kings is pretty good too, but not as good as this)

DOES HE?! Does he really? Because you know what I think, Mike Jones? I think that Danny Snyder is still in love with RG3, forced Gruden to keep his sorry ass, and is now foisting bogus injuries on Colt McCoy in a transparent ploy to help RG3 weasel his way back onto the field. These are the Skins. They are the opposite of Occam’s Razor. The simplest explanation of their actions is usually the WRONG one. The more paranoid and byzantine the explanation, the more likely it is. Two weeks from now, Cousins will have a “concussion” and Griffin will magically be the starter again before losing both legs at midfield.

Link: http://deadspin.com/i-tried-daily-fantasy-sports-and-its-evil-1733840276

Scobee might be the ultimate "guy who excels in a quiet low profile job for a perennial doormat that quickly folds when he gets to a team that actually wins."

Steelers D did come up really huge today. Vick actually didn't play too badly either.