DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION!

DEAN

I don't think the Bucks are the greatest thing going or anything, but, credit where credit is due, they could teach the kids in NXT and most of the main roster a few things about tag team wrestling, playing a character and **gasp** getting that character over, being a heel, etc.  I'm not a huge fan of the indy superkick-superkick-big move-nother superkick style, but there are an awful lot of Bucks matches I quite enjoyed (granted, there are a nearly equal number of Bucks matches I hate).

As much as I kinda hate the style, the Bucks get pro wrestling (and especially, how to be a heel) on a level most wrestlers at any level don't.  I'd prefer to see them in the WWE before most indy teams out there.  Same goes for AJ.

As for AJ, dig him as a wrestler but dislike his real personality,  He's one of the reasons I stopped watching shoot interviews and have no interest in learning about wrestlers outside their character.  And his post-TNA run has been fantastic.

• Like 2

Lots of pie in the sky ideas about the New Japan/WWE stuff. I doubt it would go past "you can send your guys here for training excursions and we'll send some of our Performance Center/NXT guys over there" I don't think the name AJ Styles has or will come up in those conversations.

Literally, I have never heard of Wale. I wish I could blame the wrestling bubble but it's more of a 40-something suburban white guy thing. I probably wouldn't recognize any rappers' names.

I do know who Ice-T is. Is he still a thing? No? Alrighty then.

• Like 1

I remember Wale, because on his song on the radio he'd always be saying his name Wah-Ley. And then the DJ would say something like 'Great track from Whale there'.

Not as funny as when they'd say "We've got some great songs coming up after the break, and Limp Bizkit", but close.

• Like 1

I know Wale. Because he "remixed" Seinfeld reruns on TBS. This remixing seemed to consist of commercials of Wale repeating famous phrases from the show.

I'm still counting this knowledge toward my DVDVR street cred.

In 2008, Wale released The Mixtape About Nothing, featuring Julia Louis-Dreyfus. In 2015, he released The Album About Nothing, featuring Jerry Seinfeld.

In 2008 we could have had a 15 page thread over Shawn Michaels being wildly overrated.

In 2015, it devolves into whether or not we know who some rapper is after about four posts. (again)

What the hell DVDVR.

Seinfeld > Shawn Michaels

• Like 3