DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION!

DEAN

Fuck all this conversation

Sunny will let you watch her pee on Skype for $800

As fucked up as that is, the real question is-

How long until poo is an option?

How long does it take for an off-brand pizza pocket to make it to the other side?

You open your stopwatch app. I'll see how much change I have between my couch cushions.

The whole AJ thing is just petty. There would be a good storyline potential though in bringing back the WWE Women's Championship (which Stephanie held) and saying that the "Diva's Championship" is for the Divas while the Women's Championship is for wrestlers. 

It was pretty petty when they did it to Lesnar too after he left and they had Orton claim the "youngest champion ever" tagline in 2004. They're always quick to bury any big accomplishments former talent (that left on their own free will) have had in the company after they leave. Which I guess is understandable, but yeah - petty.

Also, what's the one belt Cena hasn't held???

IC?

If we're going to be technical, add the Hardcore Championship. He debuted a month before it was retired. His missed the European Championship by about a week.
Rob Van Dam fan checking in. Cena worked Vengeance 2002. He'd been on Smackdown about a month. Van Dam beat Hardy to retire the European strap the next night.

...I'll show myself out. Not because I'm ashamed of the pointless trivia. But because I like RVD.

• Like 1

So who was the most-recently debuted person before Bryan to have held all the titles that existed in the company when he worked there? (and even Bryan only gets that because the first episode of NXT was a week after they deactivated the ECW title.)

Wives can't check the work email is my guess.

I hate when people win titles in their debut because where do you go from there? I think it hurt Paige to win it like she did

I think in a way it hurt Owens. He debuted by pinning Cena clean, anything else feels like a demotion.

So who was the most-recently debuted person before Bryan to have held all the titles that existed in the company when he worked there? (and even Bryan only gets that because the first episode of NXT was a week after they deactivated the ECW title.)

Counting the ECW title, it'd have to be Punk. But then he only held one set of the tag belts pre-unification.

RVD is short the big gold belt. Edge is short the ECW strap. Jericho no. Mysterio no.

Big Show?

Also, what's the one belt Cena hasn't held???

IC?
If we're going to be technical, add the Hardcore Championship. He debuted a month before it was retired. His missed the European Championship by about a week.
Rob Van Dam fan checking in. Cena worked Vengeance 2002. He'd been on Smackdown about a month. Van Dam beat Hardy to retire the European strap the next night.

...I'll show myself out. Not because I'm ashamed of the pointless trivia. But because I like RVD.

I wasn't 100%, and was using Wikipedia dates, so that all makes sense.

Punk never had the US title. Show's missing the European title.

Yeah, just looked up the Euro belt's history. I'm stunned.

Fucking Angle couldn't have flamed out before the ECW revival? Come on, man!

No U.S. title for Jeff Hardy. No Euro title for Kane.

Fuck it. Shawn Michaels it is...

Jericho is missing the US I believe. Miz is on the list though, right?

Edit: Nope, he's only missing the ECW one.

Michaels never had the US title. I think we might have to go with someone who was out of the company before the purchase of WCW and hasn't been back.

Michaels never had the US title. I think we might have to go with someone who was out of the company before the purchase of WCW and hasn't been back.
For the sake of trivia, I forgot that Michaels came back in 2002...

And about that other stuff, Pat Buck should go fuck himself. Guy looked like he could barely run the ropes working a squash in WWE. Who is he to talk about anyone?

I should have been more clear. Sabu is the best and Pat Buck is a talentless jobber who should go fuck himself.

I wasn't thinking of KotR, although the period where it seemed to be passed around like a championship is a thought.

In any event, I had counted Bret as having come back, meaning he was in the company when the ECW title was there.

Bret is disqualified because of the European Championship anyway. 

Re: the Diva's title. It would actually be a nice long term storyline to have women keep trying to break the length of AJ's reign. It would add a little extra drama to each defence that would only ramp up over time. But that would require WWE putting AJ over for an extended period of time and that won't happen.

• Like 1