DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION!

DEAN

"Where's my shorts?! Haha #TeamBella rises! Oh and WWE Brooklyn shame on you for disrespecting women that put their bodies on the line for your entertainment. As for the ones that supported us, THANK YOU! You make it worth working so hard and having this revolution! #FearlessNikki #BellaArmy #TeamBella #BrieMode #FoxyBella#DivasRevolution"

I think Nikki really missed the point of why they were booing.

and you're surprised she missed the point?

Now *that's* obtuse.

LOL a WWE wrestler that is a title holder that told us that "wins and losses don't matter" during her promo, and then complaining that fans didn't give a shit about the match that followed afterwards.

Not sure this is the right place to mention it, but I watched a 2/3 falls match between Lighting Kid and Jerry Lynn and I don't think it's as great as some people make it out to be. Maybe they had more than one and I watched the wrong one, but the one I watched wasn't great. Both guys seemed really gassed (maybe they were selling fatigue?) and sloppy. The crowd seemed hot (couldn't listen to it clearly due to the low audio quality).

I'm not one to be overly nitpicky or anything and don't like reading or writing extensive paragraphs on a single match or wrestling in general and just enjoy what I like wether it's highly ranked by many or not, but I just don't get the hype. Maybe it doesn't hold up as well? Also I've seen many New Japan Jr. matches from the 90's that I enjoyed way more than that match and I'm a big Waltman fan and I have enjoyed a ton of Jerry Lynn matches in the past too.

I'll probably watch some of their other matches at some point and also the famous Lightning Kid vs. Sabu match that's also on YouTube and hopefully they're better than that one.

Yeah, just watched it and I agree. That was awesome in a disastrous kind of way. I did enjoy this much more than the Jerry Lynn 23/ falls match though. This was pretty much Sabu getting all of his spots in the first half and Lighting Kid blading and then the second half was Lightning Kid getting in all of his spots. The spots in this match were much better executed and the spots were a lot better than the previously mentioned 2/3 falls match too.

The commentary was really good though. I thought they did a great job at putting Sabu over as a mad man/lunatic and at putting over all of their spots like something entirely new to them.

Lightning Kid's blade job was pretty awesome too.

I think a lot of the Lightning Kid/Jerry Lynn love is from the fact that they were literally the first wrestlers doing those sorts of spots broadcasted on national television during a time when the flashiest cruiserweight in WWE was Battle Kat, and WCW was only about to enter into the Liger/Pillman phase of the Light Heavyweight Division run.

• Like 2

Very interesting discussion on the latest Observer Radio show about Liger working more WWE. Dave basically says that sooner or later WWE is going to tell NJPW they have to drop ROH, and  they talk what WWE can offer in return. Speculate NJPW young boys might go to NXT for their excursion, and maybe the NXT guys who are close to ready might work in Japan for a few months. I have to think Liger is going into the Hall next year as well.

Very interesting discussion on the latest Observer Radio show about Liger working more WWE. Dave basically says that sooner or later WWE is going to tell NJPW they have to drop ROH, and they talk what WWE can offer in return. Speculate NJPW young boys might go to NXT for their excursion, and maybe the NXT guys who are close to ready might work in Japan for a few months. I have to think Liger is going into the Hall next year as well.

Yes, please. I want to go to there.

• Like 2

Very interesting discussion on the latest Observer Radio show about Liger working more WWE. Dave basically says that sooner or later WWE is going to tell NJPW they have to drop ROH, and  they talk what WWE can offer in return. Speculate NJPW young boys might go to NXT for their excursion, and maybe the NXT guys who are close to ready might work in Japan for a few months. I have to think Liger is going into the Hall next year as well.

Honestly, this is about what I expected to come from all of this.  This could honestly work out great for both companies.  Beyond the development aspects, it's a great tool for both companies to send a guy away for awhile to have them come back for a big angle/push down the line.  My pipe dream in all of this is a Supershow at the Tokyo Dome.

Big E pointing at Kofi and Woods's asses yelling LOOK AT 'EM! YOU WANT SOME! LOOK DEEP INTO THEIR CREVASSES! put me over the edge there. Them running back in just topped it off. 

I loved Kofi sliding in "you don't know about hip hop" to Cole

I really don't want ROH to have to get dropped from all this. ROH is no threat to WWE in anyway.