DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL PRE-SEASON THREAD

Gonzo

Julius Thomas fractures his hand - is out for the rest of the preseason

And I got my penance for mocking the Skins and their injuries as the Giants already pathetic secondary had THREE injuries last night - including a possible Achilles tear

EDIT - Excuse me - FOUR

I think when it all settles out, SD will remain there. Have no proof, but the Raiders and Rams seem to be more likely and there is no way three teams and in the market. I'm rarely right about this stuff though. . . .

I guess this could go in the stupidity thread, but apparently both sides in the BUF-CLE joint practices are expecting some "excitement". MIke Pettine started the talking, and Rex is having none of that shit. . . 

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/20083/rex-ryan-bills-not-going-to-be-bullied-by-browns-in-joint-practices

To be fair, the Colts never had anything close to a good backup for Manning and Polian never planned on Manning missing an entire season. Every facet of that team was a disaster, except for Reggie Wayne. The defense was shit, Painter was shit, etc. That's why you had such a ridiculous turnover from one year to the next. The Suck for Luck stuff was fun, but it was just a way to cope with a losing season. Even with Manning under center, that team wins a few more games. Having a better backup QB wouldn't have changed anything.

Virginia area qbs are filling in the ranks this pre-seaon.  

Logan Thomas from Tech looks better with the cards than he ever looked at Tech.  Tyrod Taylor looks like he could stick with the Bills.  Taylor Heinicke from fricking ODU (which is the NEW Quarterback Cradle of the Mid-Atlantic!  2 in the PROS! Out of 2 quarterbacks to ever start!) is playing a lot for the Vikings.  If he doesn't stick, he will definately be on the Texans practice squad when they eventually sign Michael Vick to replace all the soon-to-be-crippled quarterbacks currently on their roster.  And Winston-Salem States Phillip Simms (from my alma mater, Oscar Smith, in Chesapeake) won't catch on with the Cardinals prolly, but is sooo starting for the Blue-Bombers or Roughriders in 2 years.

• Like 1