DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL PRE-SEASON THREAD

Gonzo

Looking at the Wiki real quick, '13 may be one of the all-time worst draft classes ever.   

7 Pro Bowlers out of the entire group, and even those 7 aren't exactly lighting the world on fire (except *maybe* Lacy)

We;re entering those players third years where a lot of players really mature and become bigger parts of their team. That said it is looking like a pretty bad draft class, I think we'll get one more Pro Bowler this year in Jamie Collins who has just gotten better every week since he got into the lineup for the Pats. It will be interesting to see who develops into the best of that class.

I was expecting big things from Le'Veon Bell this season but since he's starting the season on 4 game suspension that might put a damper on things, but might be helpful for the steelers as he won't be as beat up at the end of the season.

And Foster has become a spokesperson for Openly Secular. Which is fascinating and I await the "God injured him for not believing" crowd to make themselves heard.

But more seriously, good for him. Religion is so deeply tied into the NFL that seeing Free Thought represented is really nice.

• Like 2

Not sure where I should put this. And it's a day late. But...on August 6, 1960, the Pittsburgh Steelers be the Toronto Argonauts 34-16 in an exhibition game in Toronto. That's pretty cool...were there many exhibition games like this back in the day??

That time the Ray Nitschke beat the shit out of the entire opposing team just so he could use the grey cup  as a beer stein is my favorite story I just made up.

• Like 3

Mysteries! Suspense! A Dr. Chao who has not seen Arian Foster's MRI or charts but has speculated that since Arian flew to Philly to get his surgery by Dr. Meyer, the "sports hernia master" then perhaps his groin was not ripped off the bone, but it's secretly a sports hernia. If it was a groin ripped off the bone, Dr. Lowe in Houston would've done the surgery. So 3-5 weeks instead 2-3 months.

Further, Arian has NOT been placed on IR and we haven't signed another running back.

So, maybe it's just a sports hernia~!

Deadspin has some pretty excellent footage of an all out brawl between seemingly all the Redskins and all the Texans. 

Maybe this should go in the NFL stupidity thread, I mean why the fuck would you start a fight with the team that has JJ Watt?

• Like 1

Mysteries! Suspense! A Dr. Chao who has not seen Arian Foster's MRI or charts but has speculated that since Arian flew to Philly to get his surgery by Dr. Meyer, the "sports hernia master" then perhaps his groin was not ripped off the bone, but it's secretly a sports hernia. If it was a groin ripped off the bone, Dr. Lowe in Houston would've done the surgery. So 3-5 weeks instead 2-3 months.

Further, Arian has NOT been placed on IR and we haven't signed another running back.

If all I had to rely on for offense was Shitzpatrick, I'd be in that level of denial too. . . .

Deadspin has some pretty excellent footage of an all out brawl between seemingly all the Redskins and all the Texans. 

Maybe this should go in the NFL stupidity thread, I mean why the fuck would you start a fight with the team that has JJ Watt?

Well its not like the Redskins ever have a good reason for anything they do. . . .

Even this early,I think it's safe to say at this point that Suh is not Albert Haynesworth.

Jarvis Landry is going to have to go 100/1200/10 to retain his 2014-15 MannCrush title the way this is going.

• Like 1

Even this early,I think it's safe to say at this point that Suh is not Albert Haynesworth.

Jarvis Landry is going to have to go 100/1200/10 to retain his 2014-15 MannCrush title the way this is going.

Tom Brady ought to drop his appeal, to avoid the Bills in week 2. Otherwise he's facing Suh and Company, and whatever the hell Rex Ryan's cooked up FOUR  times.. . .  

EDIT: Besides, don't those FA big guys usually take a couple of years for the drop off to occur? Not that it will happen to Suh mind you. . . . 

Got a $7.25 ticket on SH for Jets-Falcons on the 21st. Love preseason because of the cheap SH tickets.

All exhibition(hey I don't work for the NFL, fuck "pre-season") should be that cheap. . .

I do feel bad for whoever paid the $93 face value for it. Another example of fans being treated like suckers.

Yeah very first thing I thought of was the fight scene from The Wanderers with J.J Watt wrecking people like Emilio. Hopefully he saw that movie and was inspired and picked up RG3 and used him as a baseball bat.

I don't know if it is for every team but for the Ravens if you buy season tickets you are forced to buy the two preseason games as well at face valu

Every team in major pro sports does that. It's a disgrace.

If all I had to rely on for offense was Shitzpatrick, I'd be in that level of denial too. . . .

Shitzpatrick was traded to the jets for an actual draft pick.