DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL PRE-SEASON THREAD

Gonzo

Reggie Wayne's not made the cut, and neither has Jonas Gray.  Hopefully both come back in time for week 6 :)

In looking at reports - Wayne asked for his release

This is like the time Dusty Rhodes joined the nWo and then they just dropped the angle.

Though didn't that get dropped because Louie Spicoli died?  Hopefully that similarity doesn't manifest.

The Cleveland Browns remind me a lot of WCW in terms of the fact that the incompetence is institutional.  The company is fully aware of said incompetence, but are unable to correct it because it runs so deep.

Case in point, when posting a photo of running back Shaun Draughn to announce he had been cut from the team yesterday, they accidentally posted a photo of Draughn posing with his infant son.  An infant son who he will now presuably have trouble feeding b/c he lost his job.

To their credit, the Browns realized how insensitive it was on their own and took the photo down within two hours, rather than take it down after someone on Reddit alerted the media/blogosphere.

I saw a thing about that last night but can't find the exact quote, by keeping him around all of last year he has 5 years of NFL service which supposedly effects his (and his family's) health insurance situation, and at least leaves him in a better situation. Or something along those lines.

Dallas traded a conditional draft pick to Seattle for Christine Michael yesterday. I really like the trade. I followed Michael a bit a couple seasons ago when he had a beast preseason for fantasy purposes. He never got much playing time in Seattle with beast mode there although he did average almost 5ypc. It's a low risk trade at least. He's got as good a chance as the rest of the group in Dallas to make a major impact.