DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 7-6-15

MGFanJay

Owens drops the NXT title, gets punked by Cesaro, and takes an AA after attacking Cena who just worked for 30 minutes. He's still not an established guy to most of the audience so I don't know how much of this they can get away with before h becomes just another mid card dude.

I don't think it matters because Owens is about to win the rubber match and the U.S. title. 

EDIT: Though I do think it would have been smarter to have Owens drop the NXT title in a triple threat without taking the pinfall. 

Any validity to twitter talk Brock hit someone in the crowd with the car door he flung?

It looked like he took out a kid in a Cena shirt.

Then nothing of any value was lost. 

• Like 2

Any validity to twitter talk Brock hit someone in the crowd with the car door he flung?

It looked like he took out a kid in a Cena shirt.

Then nothing of any value was lost. 

That front-row seat was that kid's Make-A-Wish, gosh darn it.

We might need Cena and non-Cena MOTY divisions.

It's funny, this past March I was granting that the best argument against Cena was he didn't deliver consistently well week in and week or on TV the way he did in big matches on ppv.

At 37 years old, he suddenly has become mid-late 00's Rey Mysterio. You know, the best weekly TV wrestler in the world. What the fuck?

Note I am decidedly not complaining.

Who else gets all that time, tons of finisher kickouts and A-level opponents every week?

He's been great but it's a lot to do with the booking as well.

I get what you're saying but it kind of side steps my point.

I'm amazed that, at 37, set for life, having spent a decade as the man, he's now suddenly working this fucking hard every week on TV.

It's funny, this past March I was granting that the best argument against Cena was he didn't deliver consistently well week in and week or on TV the way he did in big matches on ppv.

At 37 years old, he suddenly has become mid-late 00's Rey Mysterio. You know, the best weekly TV wrestler in the world. What the fuck?

Who else gets all that time, tons of finisher kickouts and A-level opponents every week?

I'm amazed that, at 37, set for life, having spent a decade as the man, he's now suddenly working this fucking hard every week on TV.

Call me in 18 years when he is Negro Casas' age and working as hard and at that high a level every night. :)

• Like 1

He's being pushed down the card in favor of someone else who isn't nearly as over as him. It's basically his "fuck you, I'm not done yet" year.

Just hope it doesn't totally burn him out and ruin him like Austin did to himself in 01-02.

Cena/Cesaro was amazing. Liked it even better than last week and maybe better than their Feb 2014 match which was my favorite of last year. This was definitely in my top 2 favorites of this year. Awesome match, killer stuff all the way through. I figure Owens wins the title at Battleground for sure but I wish Cena could just keep the US Open going even longer, been a highlight of a lot of Raws and tonight's was the best. Great main event.

That was an amazing show, definite highlights included:

Terrible trademark WWE Photoshopping of Kane

J&Js Road Trip (including JBL's bit about Jamie having to visit all of his cousins, of which there are several)

Seeing that Jamine definitely was the one to decorate their vehicle (camo everywhere, bikini women mudflap stickers on the rear)

Seth's amazing toss of the ax handle and vaulting out of the ring

JBL asking Titus if they learned about numbers in Florida

Titus' subsequent burial of JBL whilst providing color commentary (I love JBL but Titus had valid points)

Cole ALMOST saying Crippler Crossface (Glad I wasn't the only one that caught it)

The Cesaro/Cena match.

R.I.P. The J&J Mobile, we hardly knew ye.

Brock is a walking lawsuit, and that's why we love him.

Who on earth would sue Brock though? Heyman would just cut an amazing promo in court ending with "your honor, may I remind you that my client is Brock Lesnar, I trust you will find in his favor"

No one is going to bother suing Brock because they know even if they won it would be Heyman's job as Brock's advocate to send the payout, and we all know what happens when Heyman is responsible for putting a check in the mail...

• Like 5

Looking at my top ten WWE overall matches, John Cena has five: Royal Rumble Triple Threat, two each against Owens and Cesaro,

That main event. Holy fuck. Cesaro is solid gold.

My friend who went tonight told me Cena invited him back into the ring and gave him mad props. Hopefully a big Cesaro push is coming sooner rather than later. A triple-threat at Summerslam would rule.

I remember reading a report from a show before with John Cena really pushing Cesaro on the mike for his talent.

Cena/Cesaro was amazing. Liked it even better than last week and maybe better than their Feb 2014 match which was my favorite of last year. This was definitely in my top 2 favorites of this year. Awesome match, killer stuff all the way through. I figure Owens wins the title at Battleground for sure but I wish Cena could just keep the US Open going even longer, been a highlight of a lot of Raws and tonight's was the best. Great main event.

Last week's Cena/Cesaro RAW match was better than the one they had a year ago this month. Cena/Cesaro last week was either slightly better, on the same level at or slightly less that the February 2014 match you and I like so much. On a first watch, the match they had last night might be the best of them all. Cena/Cesaro have great chemistry like Cena/Bryan, Cena/Punk and Cena/Owens.

• Like 1