DVDVR Message Board

TNA/GWF MEGA THREAD OF DOOM~!

Would local promotion really be that expensive? Do something with a local radio or tv station. Do a discount tickets special for high school kids. I came up with that in 39 seconds...here's some free advice for next time, TNA (If there's a next time lol)

Jarrett was booked as a dragon slayer (I think that was an old Jerry Jarrett thing. Have a babyface slay all the heels). Might have worked with Lawler in Memphis, but in 2003 people were clamoring for something else.

That is not how Lawler was booked. He never would have survived what Jarrett did in that match. Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin could not have survived that.

What happened in the match? I don't remember if I saw it or not.

I am amused that they keep saying the show is in Charlotte, when it is not.  

This isn't a TNA fuckup. It's pretty common to call a suburb by its principal city. How many suburban kids do you know who just say "I'm from Boston" or "I'm from DC" when they're really from a suburb 20 miles away? The Charlotte Motor Speedway is also in Concord so it seems like a regionally accepted practice.

Did anyone actually watch the show last night? 

I didn't 

I am amused that they keep saying the show is in Charlotte, when it is not.  

This isn't a TNA fuckup. It's pretty common to call a suburb by its principal city. How many suburban kids do you know who just say "I'm from Boston" or "I'm from DC" when they're really from a suburb 20 miles away? The Charlotte Motor Speedway is also in Concord so it seems like a regionally accepted practice.

Did anyone actually watch the show last night? 

Calm down, I didn't say it was a TNA fuckup, I just said it (really the fact that the TV commercial said "In Charlotte at the Cabarrus County Arena", i.e., in Charlotte at a different county than Charlotte is in)amused me.  I live in Charlotte (Charlotte proper, not a suburb), and outside of a couple of commercials on Raw, I've seen no promotion at all and wouldn't even have remembered it was here if not for this board.  Being 20 miles out of Charlotte (although I don't think Concord is that far away) is a little different from being 20 miles outside of Boston or DC.  It really isn't any different than being amused by WWE not saying the name of the smaller town they're in.

To put it in perspective, ROH was able to actually run a PPV in Charlotte.  TNA did not.  I guess that is also what amused me.

So TNA's running this thing on twitter where EC3 has gotten an "injunction:" against Matt Hardy appearing on Impact anytime in the future, and is threatening to sue Matt, Jeff, Dixie, etc because of collusion against him. I wonder if this is their half assed attempt to explain why they aren't going to be on TV for a while

Pretty much what all you guys said - per Meltzer

TNA wrestling just posted a video where Matt Hardy has vacated the TNA championship.

The storyline is that Ethan Carter III got an injunction that prohibited Hardy from appearing on the show claiming that Dixie Carter was in collusion with the Hardys to stack the deck against him.

Hardy claimed that while he hates to do it, that because it would be months before a court date and he couldn't appear during that period, the best thing for the good of the company was for him to relinquish the title. The story of the championship is meant as a ratings hook for tomorrow night's show.

TNA did tape a tournament early in its last tapings so that could be how the championship ends up being determined.

So would this be considered the first ever internet only Dusty finish.  I mean supposedly there is a show tomorrow but nobody really knows what is going to be on the show.  For all we know they are just going to the last 2 hours of the PPV.   

• Like 1