DVDVR Message Board

TNA/GWF MEGA THREAD OF DOOM~!

Yeah, but if you look at how much money NXT literally brings in versus how much it costs to operate, they're losing money.

*shrug* I guess, but it's not really got anything to do with anything. If you made conservative estimates to the worth of NXT to Network buys, the worth of giving guys like Rollins, Charlotte, Banks & Rollins a TV platform to hone their acts etc, then I doubt you're going to see 'NXT' the fed as losing money. The 'literally brings in' number doesn't hold any import.

You're looking at it in more abstract terms, though. It's much harder to quantify NXT's value that way.

It's basically a investment subsidy of WWE Inc. and if it ever comes close to running in the black it's a bonus.

Then again, TNA is a tax writeoff for Panda so neither point is relevant.

And TNA keeps Dixie from ruining the important parts of Panda's business interests. You can't place a dollar value on that.

Shit, you got me there. Yeah there are some ludicrous reasons why TNA remains in business. The comparison is ludicrous though. Sasha Banks weren't working no Sunglasses Hut as champ. Think about how NXT spends its money and how TNA has spent its money.

I was more referring to the fact that NXT is a proper alternative to the WWE, even though it's owned by WWE. It's the alternative that TNA always wanted to be.

TNA is so incompetent that WWE made their own alternative before TNA could become that alternative.

ROH is cool though.

Running a world-wide energy company = billions of dollars, running a grotesque excuse for a wrestling company = millions of dollars, keeping the boss's demented daughter away from fucking up the energy company = priceless.

And TNA keeps Dixie from ruining the important parts of Panda's business interests. You can't place a dollar value on that.

There we go, wrote out the equation...

• Like 2

It's basically a investment subsidy of WWE Inc. and if it ever comes close to running in the black it's a bonus.

Then again, TNA is a tax writeoff for Panda so neither point is relevant.

Shit, you got me there. Yeah there are some ludicrous reasons why TNA remains in business. The comparison is ludicrous though. Sasha Banks weren't working no Sunglasses Hut as champ. Think about how NXT spends its money and how TNA has spent its money.

But it does seem like a great fit.

• Like 1

TNA had plenty of chances to capture lightning and have a company that would possibly make a decent amount of money. God, if I really wanted to I could go year by year thinking about all the times they had that chance and chose to either not do anything or go out of their way to spite the fans because the fans wanted something different.

The earliest one I can think of was Raven debuting and him never winning the world title when he was scorching hot. Jarrett was booked as a dragon slayer (I think that was an old Jerry Jarrett thing. Have a babyface slay all the heels). Might have worked with Lawler in Memphis, but in 2003 people were clamoring for something else. But yeah they've had so many chances. Way more than they deserved.

TNA had plenty of chances to capture lightning and have a company that would possibly make a decent amount of money. God, if I really wanted to I could go year by year thinking about all the times they had that chance and chose to either not do anything or go out of their way to spite the fans because the fans wanted something different.

The earliest one I can think of was Raven debuting and him never winning the world title when he was scorching hot. Jarrett was booked as a dragon slayer (I think that was an old Jerry Jarrett thing. Have a babyface slay all the heels). Might have worked with Lawler in Memphis, but in 2003 people were clamoring for something else. But yeah they've had so many chances. Way more than they deserved.

1. I agree with you 100%

2. Let's not compare Jeff Jarrett and Jerry Lawler. 

3. I think that the eventual book that will be written about TNA will be about chances that were there and blown to pieces. It's almost unbelievable. 

Some anger at TNA relates to the fact that they were so inept they basically blew any other companies chance of being "#2", cementing the WWE as pro wrestling. It is a hard point to argue.  

Jarrett was booked as a dragon slayer (I think that was an old Jerry Jarrett thing. Have a babyface slay all the heels). Might have worked with Lawler in Memphis, but in 2003 people were clamoring for something else.

That is not how Lawler was booked. He never would have survived what Jarrett did in that match. Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin could not have survived that.

In other words, apples & oranges. But apples are actually better than oranges right?

That depends.  We talkin' juice oranges or eatin' oranges?

Not really. Apple juice is superior anyway - they don't make pro booze from orange juice.

I'm talking at a certain level of quality. FCOJ is better than its apple equivalent.

Jarrett was booked as a dragon slayer (I think that was an old Jerry Jarrett thing. Have a babyface slay all the heels). Might have worked with Lawler in Memphis, but in 2003 people were clamoring for something else.

That is not how Lawler was booked. He never would have survived what Jarrett did in that match. Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin could not have survived that.

I dunno ... Hogan (oh, and Savage too) fought them 8 dudes that one time. That was pretty ... y'know, I'm gonna go with "egregious." That was pretty fuckin egregious.

• Like 5