DVDVR Message Board

TNA/GWF MEGA THREAD OF DOOM~!

Hogan turning down Dixie makes me concerned that he isn't desperate enough to make a handshake deal with Ian Rotten (yet).

Hogan claims he was offered the role of Randy The Ram. I want to see Hogan vs. Necro Butcher. Question is between a TNA taping and a parking lot at the local Bowlorama, who has more paying customers. Dixie or Ian?

Hogan turning down Dixie makes me concerned that he isn't desperate enough to make a handshake deal with Ian Rotten (yet).

Hogan claims he was offered the role of Randy The Ram. I want to see Hogan vs. Necro Butcher. Question is between a TNA taping and a parking lot at the local Bowlorama, who has more paying customers. Dixie or Ian?

Ian, and by alot more than you think.  As for Hogan, I think he'll be claiming he was the reason the Berlin Wall went down, and that he invented the internet, and claim he had the chance to get in on the ground floor of Apple next. His bullshit aside, he didn't have the moveset to pull of Randy. . . 

Wrong. Perhaps the most irritating thing about Hogan (well, to be fair there's lots of irritating things about Hogan), was the fact that he could work a hell of a good match when he wanted to. In my permanent collection I have Hogan vs. Muto and Hogan vs. Stan Hansen and both are **** and not just because of who he was matched with. Needless to say, both took place in Japan and the Japanese audience wasn't about to buy the usual Hogan crap so he had to step it up or be booed out of the building. He stepped it up in fine form, means he could do so any old time that he wanted to, but he could get away with his usual formula over here in the States, so that's what we got. It's become fashionable in recent years to shit on Bret Hart and Ric Flair for "the five moves of doom" and "Flair by the numbers", but the fact is both guys were craftsmen who took considerable pride in their work and gave people the best they had to offer regardless of whether they were at MSG or an old armory. Hogan just cared about doing the minimum for the maximum return and for that, screw him.

Ian, and by alot more than you think.  As for Hogan, I think he'll be claiming he was the reason the Berlin Wall went down, and that he invented the internet, and claim he had the chance to get in on the ground floor of Apple next. His bullshit aside, he didn't have the moveset to pull of Randy. . . 

Jake could've played Randy the Ram if he hadn't become the wreck that largely inspired the movie, so that's sort of a Catch-22.

I always wanted Rob Zombie to adapt The Nail comic into a movie, which would essentially be The Wrestler meets Race the Devil. I know DDP wanted to play the main character, but I'm not crazy about that.

Wrong. Perhaps the most irritating thing about Hogan (well, to be fair there's lots of irritating things about Hogan), was the fact that he could work a hell of a good match when he wanted to. In my permanent collection I have Hogan vs. Muto and Hogan vs. Stan Hansen and both are **** and not just because of who he was matched with. Needless to say, both took place in Japan and the Japanese audience wasn't about to buy the usual Hogan crap so he had to step it up or be booed out of the building. He stepped it up in fine form, means he could do so any old time that he wanted to, but he could get away with his usual formula over here in the States, so that's what we got. It's become fashionable in recent years to shit on Bret Hart and Ric Flair for "the five moves of doom" and "Flair by the numbers", but the fact is both guys were craftsmen who took considerable pride in their work and gave people the best they had to offer regardless of whether they were at MSG or an old armory. Hogan just cared about doing the minimum for the maximum return and for that, screw him.

I know Hogan could go back in the day, but his body was shot by the time the movie was filmed. . . 

All this talk about how TNA should end reminds me of when Maffew asked about it. Which got one of the most amazing tweets ever. Dixie gets in a helicopter and Jarrett tells Dixie he left a goodbye message. As Dixie's helicopter takes off she looks down and sees a message laid out in stones that reads "$9.99"

• Like 5

Jarrett officially announced the UK TV deal... well sorta TV deal

PRESS RELEASE: Global Force Wrestling partners with Boulder Creek International to distribute TV

Global Force Wrestling partners with Boulder Creek International out of London to distribute TV programming

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Global Force Wrestling has signed an international TV distribution deal with London-based sales and production house Boulder Creek International (BCI), which will make GFW’s “Amped” programs available beginning in November.

BCI has made a name for itself producing such programming as Wild Spirits, Wild Spirits H2O, Wild Surf and Better Than 4 and broadcasts in more than 100 countries worldwide. Amongst its catalogue of documentaries, sports, music, comedy and lifestyle shows; BCI manages the global distribution for a number of events including Frostgun International, Revolution Series Track Cycling, The Go Big Project, Street Velodrome and Cape-to-Cape Australia.

“We are thrilled to continue our international growth and partner with BCI, an industry leader that inherently understands our product, brand vision and ultimately our fans,” GFW founder and CEO Jeff Jarrett said. “We look forward to BCI helping us bring a variety of entertainment properties to our fans around the world.”

Matt Jeschelnik, managing director of BCI is excited to be associated with the GFW brand.

“I have always wanted to work with Jeff,” Jeschelnik said. “I admire his business acumen and his ability to make truly entertaining content. I am delighted that Jeff has chosen BCI to distribute GFW, and I look forward to announcing our broadcast partners.”

The next GFW Amped tapings at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas take place on Oct. 23. Championships will be decided in all four divisions – NEX*GEN, Women’s, Tag Team and Global (heavyweight). Among those scheduled to appear are Nick Aldis, Bobby Roode, Chris Mordetzky, PJ Black, Jigsaw, Reno SCUM, the Bollywood Boyz, Christina Von Eerie and “Bullet Babe” Amber Gallows.

I think Destination America is keeping Impact through the duration of their original 1-year deal, so January-ish.

TV tapings in India in November is the prevailing rumor.  Of course, last year there were rumors of taping Impact in Japan and that didn't happen.

BFG is October 4.  They've got house shows scheduled through October but no TV tapings scheduled to follow up the biggest show of their year.  Wouldn't be surprised if they just do like last year and sideline everyone and air 'best of' shows to finish out the year.  Gives TNA creative a good 2-3 months to plan their next piddling invasion angle.