DVDVR Message Board

TNA/GWF MEGA THREAD OF DOOM~!

Yeah, Hernandez was the one that fucked up by saying he was done with LU.  TNA should have checked on that, but it was initially his fault.

Oh, and it looks like Finn made a visit to their HQ...kinda.

CQUUw3vWIAALP07.jpg

At the very least, TNA's offices look better than WCW's shitty offices in Smyrna, GA that they were forced to move into late in their existence.  Heck, just based on that sign.

The guys that really got fucked in the Hernandez situation were the rest of the BDC (who saw their angle go up in smoke like they never existed) and especially MVP, who recommended Hernandez based on him saying he was free and clear of LU, and got fired from TNA as a result.

I had no idea Matt Hardy was in the main event of BFG.  I knew Jeff Hardy was special ref.  I just thought it was a one on one match between EC3 and Galloway.  Not that I think that's a money match or anything (because TNA) but at least there would probably be a clean finish and Galloway as champ could at least be a pretend fresh start for this dead-ass company.  Now I just figure they're going to get too cute and do something stupid like have Matt win by pinning Galloway so they can keep EC3's fake undefeated streak going.

How was LU dicks ? Hernandez was the dick of the situation.

Hernandez was more of a dumbass than a dick.

LU are dicks for not just letting him go.  Season 1 was already in the can and there wasn't any clarity as to the future of the company.  There's still no real specifics now.  And it's not like they were paying him in the mean time.  Also, for waiting until TNA had taped weeks worth of TV featuring him instead of letting them know right away that he wasn't contractually clear.  And unless Hernandez requested it, the press release announcing his release just comes off like spiking the football cause he wasn't the only guy unhappy with them and probably won't be the only guy not returning.

And TNA are dicks for firing MVP instead of Gaburick.  Gaburick's somehow the head of talent relations and the head of creative.  So he's essentially the GM and head coach.  During his tenure, he's managed to sign an already contracted Hernandez, he signed Bram (several times) while losing TNA's franchise player AJ Styles along with James Storm, Austin Aries, Magnus, Daniels, Kaz, Sabin, etc.  And what's worse is he got nothing out of them on the way out.  All that equity the company built into those guys over the years just completely wasted.

• Like 2

I don't think enforcing a mutually agreed upon contract makes any promotion/company a dick. LU has a right to protect their image, they were still on TV, it is the reason WWF and WCW started doing contracts, to prevent their wrestlers from pulling a Rick Rude or Lex Luger. I guess if Hernandez doesn't read his contracts that would make him a dumbass but its still mostly his fault.

Jesus Murphy...do they actually do any promotion for these shows?? My buddy's indy show last night in Toronto drew double that.

They did a house show in Morgantown, WV a couple of weeks ago.  Think the official attendance figure was about 500.  They've run Morgantown before and promoted the events well.  This time out, there seemed be zero local promotion.  I never saw a flier, ad in newspaper, mention on radio, etc.  Nothing.  I only knew about the event because I saw a commercial promoting it during RAW (lol, while I was out of town and, one would think, out of market).

I've noticed that with a couple other TNA shows run in the region.  I'm guessing they've really cut the budget for promotion.