DVDVR Message Board

TNA/GWF MEGA THREAD OF DOOM~!

Looks like Impact will be nothing but random tournament matches for the foreseeable future.

"The World Title Series will feature a format very similar to soccer’s World Cup, with thirty-two members of the IMPACT WRESTLING roster competing for the TNA World Championship. The wrestlers will be divided into eight groups to begin round-robin group play. Winners receive three points, a draw receives one point and a loss earns zero points. The top two point-getters from each group will advance to the field of 16 and a single elimination tournament where the competitor who wins advances and the loser goes home. The ultimate winner of the World Title Series will have survived the most grueling test in the history of wrestling and will be crowned the true and undisputed TNA World Champion. "

And, apparently, one of the tournament groups will feature the knockouts...

If only there were some other parallels to draw between TNA and FIFA...

They are shooting themselves in the foot (surprise), with a tournament that will be this long and drawn out: I'm sure at least three of the guys will be working NXT shows before it's over.

Considering that Kenny King is one of the wrestlers they're advertising for this thing, I'd say bet on it.

Not that he's in NXT, but the point is, he's already gone.

How the fuck is any of that MVP's fault? Argh...

Also, wait a minute, I thought the Knockouts thing mean they were having their own mini-tournament to determine the #1 Contender to the Knockouts Championship.... they are ACTUALLY in the men's tournament??? I mean.... just.... holy shit.

I don't know. That's what we think, but it's possible they can edit it to add another group and make the women's tournament separate.

I have no problem with women wrestling men, or even women contending for a men's title. Shit I'd make Sasha Banks the U.S. Open contender this week if I could. But some wrestlers, male or female should never be a contender to a world title. I mean I don't need to remind you all of those WCW battle royals where literally every person on the roster was in? Yeah. People are really going to buy that Silver King is a World Heavyweight Championship contender.

The 4 knockouts are in their own "group" so they all face each other, then the two with the most wins/points go on to the next round and face men.

32 wrestlers, 8 groups of 4 wrestling round robin style, 2 from each group with the most points move on to a 16 person single elimination tournament.

I don't know. That's what we think, but it's possible they can edit it to add another group and make the women's tournament separate.

I have no problem with women wrestling men, or even women contending for a men's title. Shit I'd make Sasha Banks the U.S. Open contender this week if I could. But some wrestlers, male or female should never be a contender to a world title. I mean I don't need to remind you all of those WCW battle royals where literally every person on the roster was in? Yeah. People are really going to buy that Silver King is a World Heavyweight Championship contender.

Who are you to doubt Silver King?

On reddit someone said on the Observer boards some people have been piecing results together to figure out groups and they think they've figured out the finals and who is the new TNA Champion.

Some people on the Observer message board as well as myself and some other wrestling fans have been poring over the seemingly "random" taping results from TNA that will be used for the World Title Series episodes.

People figured out the Group Stage groups, and then the knockout stages themselves based on those tapings, and every match needed to create such a tournament is there.

The winner of the TNA World Title Series will be Lashley who defeats Matt Hardy in the Finals.

I'm convinced there are no planned brackets, storyline or anything.  They taped a shitload of random matches and will show them in an order that gives the illusion of making sense.  After a few weeks, they'll show a scoreboard unrelated to anything that came before it and hope the viewers don't remember.  Wasn't that how they did the old Bound for Glory series the year Russo booked it, where in the end nothing added up and it made zero sense?

Well the groups are fairly easy to figure out since TNA posted updated standings today after last night's show.

Also remember - they have they One Night Only taping at the end of October - so they could do whatever the fuck they wanted to change the results of the stuff they already taped