DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Summer 2015

Jiji

Arsenal played a jobber team in the FA Cup final, and didn't even give them a hope spot this year, like they gave Hull last year. Unless you are an Arsenal fan, that wasn't a fun game, and not much to talk about.

• Like 1

It's gross when teams like Manchester United actually make good moves.

Also if there's any legs to this rumor they want to poach Hugo Lloris from Tottenham (and there should be because if you can't get Neuer, getting the poor man's Neuer makes a lot of sense), then I'm going to throw a tantrum.

Tottenham's offseason seems to be heavily based around prayer, and "hey look we're getting a new stadium in 2018 nobody worry about this season".

I'm kind of grateful everyone isn't plastering the forum with the latest transfer news (or "news"), but yeah, van Gaal's moves have generally been good ones, and between the Chevrolet and Adidas sponsorships, he can apparently spend like the oil baron-owned clubs without impinging on debt servicing, let alone FFP rules.

I like shoring up the midfield and hopefully pushing Rooney back up to a striker role, because for all the money we've had in strikers lately, there wasn't any consistency from any of them last year.

The real area of need right now is defense. If we don't have de Gea saving games for us, it's imperative that we not be as leaky at the back as we were last season. Darmian's a start, there.

Schweinsteiger goes to Manchester United and you guys don't post about that? How come?

It is done. Schweinsteiger joins van Gaal on his journey in Manchester.

I hate to be all "ReiseReisME" here, but I would have posted if it wasn´t for the fact that I´m among the three percent of people between 15 and 50 in the western hemisphere not using a smart phone.

Schweinsteiger going away from Bayern is a huge thing on its own. He might have two good years left in the tank and it might help that being in the BPL takes him out of the comfort zone. It really depends though if he can stay injury free. And he will have quite some trouble with the speed in the British top flight, I´d reckon. Van Gaal knows him and was the guy to put him at CDM/CM, which brought him to his best, so there is definetly some hope. First transfer sum I heard was around 20 million Euro, if this is true, it´s quite cheap, therefore not too much of a risk for ManU.

Schweinsteiger leaving Bayern, as said, is a big deal for the Bundesliga. Weird imagining our highest division without him. There have been talks about internal power struggles between him and Lahm, but I really don´t know if there is anything to it. It was quite weird to see Lahm at CDM all the time even with Schweinsteiger being fit. I guess we won´t know until one or both of them releases a (in Lahm´s case another) book. It will be interesting to see if Bayern pick up another player after this. And if he will be another Spaniard. ;)

• Like 1

49 millon pounds!!!!! LOL CITY

Raheem acting like a dick past few weeks would've been more than enough reason for me to take a pass on him if it were up to me. Yeesh.

Sterling's going to get a rep which is going to fuck him over later in his career.

Play nice, young man; it goes a long way.

Couldn't agree more. After all, remember the last Liverpool striker who earned a rep? Where'd he end up, anyway?

I don't really know if Sterling is good enough to go full Carlos Tevez and get away with it.

49 millon pounds!!!!! LOL CITY

Raheem acting like a dick past few weeks would've been more than enough reason for me to take a pass on him if it were up to me. Yeesh.

All these (used up me likes). Fuck Raheem Sterling. Fuck him.

• Like 3

Jozy Altidore has bailed on the US National Team and is headed back to Toronto

I'm sure that will go over well

I had to go look it up, because you make it sound like he is taking his ball and going home over a conflict or something.  I think he's just got a hamstring injury and isn't 100% ready, he's not "bailing on the national team". 

I'm sure it will go over just fine actually

The initial reports on Twitter made it out to be like Jozy left on his own.

But yeah - Klinsmann said it was cuz his hamstring wasn't 100% (or at least that is the story they are going with)

Of course they also brought Damarcus Beasley out of national team retirement so who the fuck knows what is going on