DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - Summer 2015

Jiji

Do you think he'd get much playing time? Rakitic, Iniesta, and Biscuits have that shit on lockdown, don't they? And they have Sergi Roberto for the deep lying role, too.

Really hard to call, in his current form, he wouldn´t play any role I´d think. Then again, just a few years ago when he was at Schalke, Rakitic was considered a player to never quite make it to his full potential. Now he is one of the main reasons why Barca were so strong 2014/2015.

As said, the 2013 pre-injury Gündogan was a player on the way to greatness. As of now, he is nothing more than a good Bundesliga player, which is probably not enough for any top club in Europe, whether it would be Bayern, Barca, Real or any of the big English squads. If getting back in shape would get him back to pre-injury level; I can definetly see him making it at Barca. Iniesta is over 30 now and I can see Barca slowly but surely looking at a successor. A healthy and on-form Gündogan would be the best bet if they are looking for a German, Lahm is neither top class in that position nor is he leaving Bayern. Schweinsteiger has been injury prone over the last two or three years and his form is therefore too volatile to be an impact player for a club, although he can show up for the occasional big game. Kramer is a young guy who can develope, but not showing as much promise as Gündogan did before the injury. Kroos, who might have been an even better suited candidate, is with Real and probably not going anywhere.

Gündogan can be a great dynamic player with good vision and good to great passing, which is fitting the Barca bill pretty well. However, I really have no idea if he can make it back to the level he had 2 years ago. This season was really hard to evaluate, because he joined in a rush comeback in the middle of the first half of the season and Borussia Dortmund´s team simply didn´t perform well for at the very least half of the campaign. It was impossible for individual players to pull the whole team out of the slump, you would have needed somebody on Messi´s level to keep them up with their ambitions. And as much potential as I see in Gündogan, he is no second Messi. He may be able to be the same kind and level of player as the three you mentioned, though. Might aswell be a complimentary player to Sergi Roberto, since he can play the deep role aswell as the CAM role. But as I said, only an option when he regains his form.

I just noticed that the US MNT is playing in Nashville on 7/3 against Guatemala. I want to go back up and see my buddy that lives there before he moves elsewhere, so I think I am going to try and squeeze this into my "all funds go to the wedding" budget.

Guest Edwin

Atléti joins Inter and Roma as clubs interested in signing Chelsea Colombian winger Juan Cuadrado.

Guest Edwin

Sorry to spam, Dani Alves signed a 2 year extension with Barcelona with an option for a third year.

Guest Edwin

RTVE in Spain is reporting Iker is leaving Madrid and De Gea is coming in as his replacement to take his spot as the starting GK.

10 clubs are currently pursuing Iker with Fenerbahçe offering him the best contract, but he's not interested as he prefers moving to a club in the top European leagues.

Heck of a signing for them. I don't understand why big clubs weren't after him.

Konoplyanka is also on a free and now that he doesn't cost anything Liverpool don't want him.

That busted link will no doubt be to the Croatia/Italy game - already being played in an empty building - and someone vandalized the pitch and put a swastika on the field.

Honestly I had the game on in the background only half paying attention, and I never saw it. But still... that's... you know, bad.