DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

WWE could use this opportunity to give it to Neville as he is the only guy who actually needs the momentum. Killings and Stardust are what they are. However Neville is the only one without WWE 'cred'. Barrett is a multiple time IC and tag team champion, Sheamus is a fromer IC, US, and WHC champion and guys like Ziggler, Harper, and Ambrose all held titles in WWE. WWE should give this shine to Neville, but I expect it to go to Barrett.

These Tough Enough spots are making me think someone really needs to do a Crossfit douche gimmick.  They can wrestle in those sneakers with toes and complain about catering not having any paleo options.  Maybe roll one of those semi truck tires to the ring.

• Like 6

These Tough Enough spots are making me think someone really needs to do a Crossfit douche gimmick.  They can wrestle in those sneakers with toes and complain about catering not having any paleo options.  Maybe roll one of those semi truck tires to the ring.

Know an indie guy who does that gimmick:  Mark Sterling.  Complete with douchey kettle bell.

1184842_654516174615387_4435644060261078

• Like 2

After re-watching it via WWEN and Youtube (the latter to fill in the gaps), I'm going to make a bold statement: The Eddie/Rey feud that culminated in that ladder match for custody of Dominic is the single-best angle/feud WWE has run post-Attitude era. It was so ridiculous, but also so good. All Eddie needed was a mustache that he could have twiddled during and after each promo. That is one of the better soap-operatic angles I've seen in general, actually. It's like a telenovela-meets-sports entertainment-style throwback to 1980s JCP in some ways.

I always thought that feud was a whole ton of fun too, but I figured I was biased since I was there live for the "I'm your papi" promo

These Tough Enough spots are making me think someone really needs to do a Crossfit douche gimmick.

Dude, we already have Seth Rollins.

Well, Jason Khalipa a former crossfit games winner had his video shown during Extreme Rules (Khalipa was also hanging with Rollins during WM).

Also, those toe shoes arent a thing anymore, reebok and nike now have shoes for crossfit and everyone wears them now.

Deport my rights! 
Hurricanes in chains! 
I see the donut 
And tried to MacBeth!

Whos been in the room? 
Its Friday in Spain! 
Freedom in that shit
And want to refrain!

(chorus) 

Too much guns and not enough sky, 
What has caught the thorn in your eye? 
I lost again, but I gotta make change! 
What has caught the thorn in your eye?

You just killed a surfer! 
You dont care whats inside! 
I see my donut 
Is dusted black and gray!

Your brain can follow me
As you walk by! 
I reach out my hand! 
Display, and watch me cry!

(chorus)

Its my life in a box
And charred to beat! 
Taking chalk in my arms
Its the soul of me! 

You want fire, 
Ashes see me laying face down
The more freedom rhyme 
For your alibi full time!

Im walking on stones and glass
When I reach out my hand
I know you cant stand
Me for what I am
Or once I add it all
Are your only things
Aint just without weeks!

• Like 4

Tremendous.

EDIT: HOLY FUCK THOSE ARE ACTUALLY THE LYRICS TO THAT. I don't even know what to say. I thought you were making it up as you went along until the end. Wow. 

...Madball or whoever is responsible for that needs to go away forever and thank whatever's holy that they get a royalty check for life for that garbage. 

Was it the AWA belt that was made in a prison license plate shop?

Yeah, the AWA belt commissioned by Bockwinkel was made by inmates at Colorado State Penitentiary.

Reggie Parks eat your heart out.

Hypothetical trade-- Ronda Rousey in a Wrestlemania 32 match for Brock Lesnar in a UFC fight in 2015/2016. Everybody wins. Thoughts?

no way.

Lesnar would lose in the UFC, making wwe's unstoppable monster look weak.

Rousey would win against whoever she's facing, again making wwe inferior.

• Like 1