DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

It's so fucking smarmy when Bischoff refers his time in WCW as "when I worked for Turner Broadcasting."  Yes, it's technically true.  But come the fuck on.

I often refer to those few months working at Suncoast at the mall as "my tenure with the Musicland Corporation."

Bischoff's checks were coming from Turner Broadcasting and not WCW so I'd say he's in the clear there. Plus that's the right way from him to phrase it on his resume and in conversations with anyone in the TV industry when he's doing his shitty reality TV stuff.

• Like 1

What incentive is there for Brock in that little scenario??

I would assume a big, fat paycheck and the ability to fight in UFC one more time. I hadn't heard he didn't want to fight and never assumed that to be the case because he re-upped with the WWE. I would think everybody would get a payday. A big buyrate for Dana, a big check for Ronda and as much "mainstream hype" that Vince could possibly get for Wrestlemania.

It's so fucking smarmy when Bischoff refers his time in WCW as "when I worked for Turner Broadcasting."  Yes, it's technically true.  But come the fuck on.

I often refer to those few months working at Suncoast at the mall as "my tenure with the Musicland Corporation."

I too, had a tenure with the Musicland Corporation. 

What's the appeal of a Ronda Rousey match anyway? She has no wrestling experience and being good at MMA does not make one a good wrestler by any stretch. She'd need to be in a tag team match so she could hit her spots and then leave without having to do anything that will expose her as totally green.

The appeal isn't in the Ronda Rousey match, but in her opponent.

The fact that the fans are savvy enough to know the score:

-If Ronda Rousey fights in a WWE ring, she will WIN her match, as a celebrity.

-If Ronda Rousey fights, she is assuredly fighting Stephanie McMahon.

-Therefore, since Rousey would WIN her match as a celebrity, and would be fighting Stephanie McMahon- a Ronda Rousey match at Wrestlemania serves as literally the one, and only one, chance we will probably ever have to see Stephanie McMahon lose a match, and thus finally get the actual, conclusive comeuppance that Stephanie has never been able to have since she turned heel and is literally unable to get in any other way (No Diva in the company is even in Stephanie's league to the point where a Diva beating Stephanie would bypass "This suspends disbelief" and goes screaming into "It's a Squirrel Girl-style comedy segment. See, it's FUNNY because Stephanie lost!"...but despite all of this, fans are progressive enough to know "yeah, Stephanie McMahon's character is objectively evil and never gets her comeuppance, but I still don't want to see some guy kick her ass as that comeuppance- that's just WRONG.")

You don't need Rousey for that.

Re-sign Kharma/Kong, re-debut her as Stephanie's monster to take out some Divas (Bellas, I guess... or NXT debuts). Eventually Steph's bullshit gets too much for her, face turn, bam, Stephanie gets her comeuppance. Cheaper, more effective, more long term benefit.

Which, is, of course, why they won't do it.

EDIT: Actually, use it to push Bayley as well. Boom, done.

#giveDivasachance

File this under OMG VINCE IS SO FUCKING OUT OF TOUCH:

In Meltzer's latest rumblings, he says plans are for Lana to be the female face of the company as a babyface, and they may change her name to C.J. (her real name is Catherine Jo) with the idea being that the name C.J. will make people think of Pamela Anderson's character from Baywatch.

• Like 1

He also said Lana is a very good athlete and no one knows how good she can be in the ring since she's always been in a manager role since she got into WWE. That's interesting. I don't know how a non-wrestling character can be the female face of the company, either. Seems kind of pointless for a non-wrestler to have that kind of status.

File this under OMG VINCE IS SO FUCKING OUT OF TOUCH:

In Meltzer's latest rumblings, he says plans are for Lana to be the female face of the company as a babyface, and they may change her name to C.J. (her real name is Catherine Jo) with the idea being that the name C.J. will make people think of Pamela Anderson's character from Baywatch.

so, wait. so she's not really an evil Russian? 

maybe they can pair Roman + CJ on screen. that'll totally help both of them get over, right?

More like: File this under Meltzer's an idiot and anyone who takes him as gospel is, too.

Her name is C.J. Perry. She's gone by that name her whole life. It has absolutely nothing to do with Baywatch. She's also a trained dancer and actress and was in a pop band before she ended up sleazing it up in wrestling.

• Like 1

More like: File this under Meltzer's an idiot and anyone who takes him as gospel is, too.

Her name is C.J. Perry. She's gone by that name her whole life. It has absolutely nothing to do with Baywatch. She's also a trained dancer and actress and was in a pop band before she ended up sleazing it up in wrestling.

Yeah, Meltzer pointed out what her real name is, but said the reason for the change would be because WWE creative thinks fans would make the Pamela Anderson/Baywatch, which is totally believable coming from Vince.

But thanks for the brief bio on her life.

• Like 7

Baywatch ended in 2001. I feel as if the WWE's core audience was born after 2001. How many 13 year olds are gonna get the reference or even know who Pamela Anderson is? And how many of the older fans would even care? I hope they don't try it. Rusev and Lana have a great dynamic why fuck that up cuz Lana's real name is the same name of a character from a TV show from the '90s. What is this unwritten rule that wrestling promoters have to be outdated culturally by 20 years?

Ambrose literally says he rides to the next show in the back of a truck with a cooler of beers.

It sucks that Ambrose is stuck in the mud until his movie comes out. Why the hell couldn't they show this on television? Also if they want to get technical, Ziggler touched Ambrose first so Sheamus should have been disqualified. I have seen matches where a guy getting brushed like that caused the DQ.

Ah who cares. Dean Ambrose in the back of a truck drinking beer and just rambling away at random things. This should be a show on the network.

Baywatch ended in 2001. I feel as if the WWE's core audience was born after 2001. How many 13 year olds are gonna get the reference or even know who Pamela Anderson is? And how many of the older fans would even care? I hope they don't try it. Rusev and Lana have a great dynamic why fuck that up cuz Lana's real name is the same name of a character from a TV show from the '90s. What is this unwritten rule that wrestling promoters have to be outdated culturally by 20 years?

Well, Pamela's in a sex tape, so I think there are quite a few 13-year-olds who know her.