DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Samoa Joe's non-exclusive contract is now no longer. Torch is saying he's signed a full-time deal, but will finish his already booked dates. He's also going to be on this week's Superstars.

Wait, this week's Superstars?

I'd litter this post with tons of emojis showing excitement and shock, but that'd be annoying.  Now after I watch the match, well that might be another story.

But still, Samoa Joe in some form in a WWE crowd.  Shit's about to get real.

At some point NXT shifted from developmental to the top American promotion. It's a potential problem because NXT is supposed to be seasoning wrestlers for the main roster and give them time to develop on a mini version of the big stage.

Dana Brooke was inserted into the best women's division I've ever seen. She is going to look out of place.

There has been a profound lack of VaudeVillainy lately.

This.

The tag division is now just Enzo/Cass and BAMF. Need the Villains and... and.... I cant even think of another established team in NXT.

Jordan/Gable

Ryder/Rawley

Corbin could do with a tag partner. I love the idea of him playing the Nash role to Breeze's HBK. Id even settle for a hoss team of Corbin and Rhyno.

Baron is already spinning his wheels a little. With Joe and Uhaa coming in he is only going to fall behind more. A tag team could do him the world of good right now.

Id also love a team of Bull Dempsey and Soloman Crowe.

That made me think, why not a team of Crowe and Corbin? Aesthetically they kind of fit together and it gives Corbin experience and Crowe direction.

• Like 2

That crowd needed to shut the fuck up for a minute. Anyone in on that Leo Kruger chant should be barred from the arena for life.

Breeze/Rose was not good and kinda weird. Why was Breeze working the face hope spot out of the sleeper, for example, when he's a heel and was the one who cheapshotted Rose to cause this match in the first place? Rose selling the enziguri with that goofily-awful stagger into a seating position was pretty odd.

I liked his varied high-impact offense though (not really counting that absurd chest thrust/Mongolian chop sort of thing in the corner, which was also too ridiculous to fit in with the rest of the frankly fun offense Rose went through. Loved his Cactus clothesline especially). Also, that headlock spot was Orton-esque in sucking the energy out of the match and I will never ever ever buy the Beauty Shot as a death move. I expected better from these two. 

I will say that I really want Adam Rose to get a re-tool again. I know he's in his late 30s, but there's gotta be a good midcard role for this guy. He has generally good matches, IMO.

Look forward to Crowe's re-tool.

Eva Marie, heat machine. I kinda hated this crowd so much that I was on her side.

Blake and Murphy remind me of Billy Lee and Jimmy Lee from Double Dragon Neon for whatever reason. I guess that makes Alexa Marian? Anyway, Alexa yelling HOW DARE YOU? at Carmella after the latter elbowed the former in the face actually made me laugh. Bliss seems like the perfect fit for the "annoying blonde snob." She had Costanza face going when she mocked the ref!

1304376955947.png?1305859987

Carmella just comes off as unlikable, too. I really wish that she would show more of a platonic buddies sort of relationship with Enzo and Cass and find a side of that character that helps me to understand that she's really friends with these guys. She just seems like the typical jersey douche without the slick-talking charm of Enzo or the big-lug lovableness of Cass to offset it. Work-wise, she's a project and will take some time. 

Poor Sami. He's such a sympathetic fellow. The look on his face when he was like "...and you know what happened at Unstoppable without me having to recount it" was so forlorn. Good package.

The Vaudevillains! Marcus Louis knew what team he was wrestling and hammed it up accordingly. Well, he always hams it way up, but it fit in this match. I wonder how much they get out of Jason Jordan. He's what baseball scouts would call a five-tool prospect. 

The Sasha Banks video package reminded me of how much I love the rope-running pimp slap as a dick heel spot. 

Finn Bálor is dangerously close to channel-changer status for me. Sure hope he doesn't take the title off Owens in Japan. I never really liked him as Devitt, but this little run at being a white-meat fightin' babyface is absolute proof that he needs to be a heel. I am bummed that we're not getting Itami/Owens instead. Rhyno's never a guy that I've been a big fan of, but I do love the energy he's been bringing to the ring. They worked a solid, logical match, I thought, where Bálor was able to gain control when the match sped up and had to try and get the pace up from underneath where Rhyno was methodically taking him apart. The finish worked into that since it was a flash pin coming off a couple of quick-paced counters. It was definitely one of the more enjoyable Bálor matches he's had so far in NXT.

I knew that Gore was coming!

Excited for the Japan show. Eva Marie should have cut her promo on top of the box from her entrance. Gotch could be a good hot tag, but Louis didn't feed him well there. Nice to see Rhyno protected since he's a good gatekeeper.

So is this Japan show an actual NXT show or just Owens and Balor working a main roster tour? I assume this was originally going to be Itami's match.

They've been pimping Kevin Owens in Japan as a star attraction even before he showed up on RAW.  Is having this match in Japan a way to get the belt off Owens while "nobody's watching"?  Of course, people will be watching but how many times did the NWA belt change hands in Japan?