DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

http://www.betootaadvocate.com/world-news/wrestling-great-booker-t-performs-spectacular-citizen-arrest-during-armed-robbery/

Envisioning this was pretty funny. Note use of "the wrestling" and "the television"

The only thing missing from that is Sharmell pulling out her iphone and using it to play the Harlem Heat theme song.

http://www.betootaadvocate.com/world-news/wrestling-great-booker-t-performs-spectacular-citizen-arrest-during-armed-robbery/

Envisioning this was pretty funny. Note use of "the wrestling" and "the television"

Is this legit?

I had the same question. Its not outright satire nor is anything else on the site that I saw. Really dry.

Is this legit?

No.  Though the world would be a better place if Booker T would go around foiling robberies then doing the spinaroonie.

Is this legit?

I had the same question. Its not outright satire nor is anything else on the site that I saw. Really dry.

Oh come on.

Yes, Booker T legitimately took off his shirt in a McDonald's, ran across tables and took out a gunman with a scissor kick, screaming "CAN YOU DIG IT SUCKAAAA!" and then did a spinaroonie.

Fuck's sake...

• Like 2

Is this legit?

No.  Though the world would be a better place if Booker T would go around foiling robberies then doing the spinaroonie.

The bigger give-aways are the fact that there's no suburb of Houston called "South Houston", those are clearly not HPD police cars in the in photo, that's not a police station in the other photo, and a McDonald's was described as a "diner".

BrianS81177, on 22 Jan 2015 - 5:24 PM, said:

Considering he's been the driving force behind signing Mistico, KENTA and Devitt I can buy Trips being willing to back a smaller guy as a big time player. 

Yeah Haitch is buddies with Money Mayweather who's about 145 lbs, and just so happens to be the biggest draw on the planet.

Is this legit?
I had the same question. Its not outright satire nor is anything else on the site that I saw. Really dry.Oh come on.

Yes, Booker T legitimately took off his shirt in a McDonald's, ran across tables and took out a gunman with a scissor kick, screaming "CAN YOU DIG IT SUCKAAAA!" and then did a spinaroonie.

Fuck's sake...

Jesus dude I was kidding.

Is this legit?

No. Though the world would be a better place if Booker T would go around foiling robberies then doing the spinaroonie.

The bigger give-aways are the fact that there's no suburb of Houston called "South Houston", those are clearly not HPD police cars in the in photo, that's not a police station in the other photo, and a McDonald's was described as a "diner".

There is a South Houston, but it's an actual city just outside of Houston, not a suburb. So they were at least close to the mark on that one.

Man I'm having trouble finding it, but one of my all time favorite stories is when Yang visited friends backstage after his release, and was greeted by Vince "Hey, pal, how you feeling? Where you been?" only to have to tell him "Vince, you fired me."

I want to say that was on Art of Wrestling.

Man I'm having trouble finding it, but one of my all time favorite stories is when Yang visited friends backstage after his release, and was greeted by Vince "Hey, pal, how you feeling? Where you been?" only to have to tell him "Vince, you fired me."

I want to say that was on Art of Wrestling.

He definitely told that story on his Highspots Shoot interview.

it's possible he told it on AoW, too.

Eric Bischoff & Bruce Prichard LIVE debate show on January 25th in Philadelphia! 

** WWE SUPERSTAR CHRIS JERICHO has just been added as the special guest moderator! ** 

PLUS CHRIS JERICHO will now be signing autographs and taking photos from 10am-12pm, tickets now available!

Mark the date on your calendar. January 25 2015 YOU can be part of professional wrestling history. You can witness the first ever open forum discussion/debate between the two Monday Night War pioneers Eric Bischoff and Bruce Prichard.

There is going to be another “Rumble” taking place that Sunday between two of the most powerful men in pro wrestling.Former president of WCW, Eric Bischoff will be going face to face with Vince McMahon’s former right hand man, head of talent relations and key member of the creative team Bruce Prichard on stage for a one of a kind show like you never seen before.

Do you want to know the behind the scenes “dirt” between the two feuding companies WWE & WCW during the highest rated televised wrestling programs of the 1990’s and the men responsible. They want to tell their side of the story in front of a live crowd for the first time ever!!!

Do you have a question you want answered? They will answer it.

Due to the highly controversial and legal ramifications this No Holds Barred discussion will have a no video cameras allowed policy. Be apart of this iconic event

It all goes down at the World Famous Dave and Busters (325 N Columbus Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19106) located only 10 minutes away from the Wells Fargo Center at Penn's Landingcor will be hosting this one of a kind LIVE wrestling show.

This is not just a meet and greet…its so much more!!!! It all starts at 12 PM with a one hour VIP meet and greet where VIP ticket holders will be able to get pictures and autographs with Eric Bischoff and Bruce Prichard. There will also be food and beverages available at that time. The live show will take place from 1 P.M. to 3 P.M. When the event is over you will have plenty of time to grab some food and head over to the Royal Rumble or watch it there.

Limited Tickets are available, don’t miss out on history in the making.

Anyone going to this Sunday?

Did the internet do a complete 180 on Hunter yet?  I've always been a fan but it seems like a lot more people are joining the party.

I think ever since he made the big push to sign Mistico, the internet has started to come around on him.

Did the internet do a complete 180 on Hunter yet?  I've always been a fan but it seems like a lot more people are joining the party.

I just like that he's showing an ability to book compelling television. He also apparently is finally starting to care less about coming off as a world-beater and actually seems willing to get outfoxed by faces. 

Honestly, I still find the majority of his career to be tough to watch from a creative standpoint, but he's having something of a renaissance creatively (and even in the ring based on the Bryan match from last year). 

I'm pretty sure HHH is a message board poster who was loaded up with HGH and sent back in time to hook up with Stephanie McMahon so he could save the future of wrestling.

you know, that's not the worst theory i've ever heard....

Less HHH made the heart grown fond. He comes in a handful of times a year- wrestles a good match, puts someone over (except in CM Punk's case), and then leaves. HHH has shown ass, been upstaged a number of times this year ,and is great at stooging. He just needed to get away from the title. Same thing with JJ in TNA. As soon as JJ got away from being a serious contender to the belt and holding it for months- people turned around on him as well. I guess the moral to the story is some people should never cosplay 1970's Ric Flair.

• Like 1