DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I can't see the most over guy in the company being moved to Smackdown. I think Reigns would benefit more from it. Ambrose and Ziggler are also guys you could consider for the top babyface spot on the second brand. I think the return of split rosters would really help the NXT guys when they get called up. Zayn, Neville, Itami, Balor, Owens, Breeze the new Smackdown 6 with HHH booking.

The old formula of getting guys over on Smackdown first(like, Cena, Punk, and Bryan) was great.

• Like 1

They could have filled AT&T Stadium with Cena trying to break the streak, but that's over now.

I have to think Vince will hard sell Rock, Austin, and HBK to wrestle at 32. HBK looked in great shape on Raw. Rock vs HBK is a big time dream match to WWE's audience that they've never seen. Austin is a big Cena mark a match in Texas between those two would be insane.

Two former professional wrestlers accuse the WWE of "selling violence" while ignoring concussions that they say left them with serious brain injuries.

The men, including one who performed under the name Skull Von Krush

:lol:

• Like 1

I don't know who Evan Singleton/Adam Mercer is.

I vaguely remember him.  WWE signed him when he was 19 and he lasted less than a year in FCW.  He was on FCW tv tapings a couple times.

Cagematch says he wrestled 8 matches in FCW.  6 of them were house shows.

Gonna be hard for a guy that wrestled for years in ECW and WCW to prove concussions suffered in the WWE were the cause of his brain injuries (and not prior concussions).

• Like 1

I can't see the most over guy in the company being moved to Smackdown. I think Reigns would benefit more from it. Ambrose and Ziggler are also guys you could consider for the top babyface spot on the second brand. I think the return of split rosters would really help the NXT guys when they get called up. Zayn, Neville, Itami, Balor, Owens, Breeze the new Smackdown 6 with HHH booking.

The old formula of getting guys over on Smackdown first(like, Cena, Punk, and Bryan) was great.

Regins has main evented Smackdown a lot since he came back from injury. It sort of has become The Roman Reigns Show.

They could have filled AT&T Stadium with Cena trying to break the streak, but that's over now.

I have to think Vince will hard sell Rock, Austin, and HBK to wrestle at 32. HBK looked in great shape on Raw. Rock vs HBK is a big time dream match to WWE's audience that they've never seen. Austin is a big Cena mark a match in Texas between those two would be insane.

Wha? He had to old-man climb into and out of the kneeling position from his entrance, and while he was exaggerating it a bit for the crowd, he was legit blown up by that entrance. Yeah, he looked better than Hogan and Flair, but that's not really the measuring stick you want to use when it comes to stepping back into the ring.

Shawn seems absolutely done to me, there was a moment I thought we were gonna get Bryan/HBK last year which would have been awesome but yeah he seems more content with his life shooting deer and his faith than coming back to break his knees in again. He looked in decent shape due to the 3XL camo shirt he had draped over his skinny frame. WM32 is Austin's, if they can't get him then it's the Taker retirement match vs. Sting that sells it.. I guess.

Bryan has been saying in interviews lately that he wants to make SD "his" show. That's why his return match was on SD (which was his idea) and why his big stipulation match for the Rumble against Kane is on SD. He also talked about bringing back King of the Ring and having the matches exclusively on SD. I seem to also recall reading something a bit ago about how they are considering a "soft" brand split, whereas there won't be anything official and won't be separate titles or anything, but there will be guys who are primarily featured on one show. Cena would be the top RAW guy and Bryan the top SD guy.

Del Rio, Ziggler and Sheamus made SD There show up to last year. they dont have to do a complete split but they should let the top guys and next to top guys be featured mainly and keep Cena off.Let it be a place for Tag teams too.

SD should be the "Brass Ring" show where guys arent overlyproduced and  they can try to get themselves over and one or to SD exclusive angles.

You bring up a good point. Triple H being completely in charge of Smackdown would be just another good step for him to eventually takeover for Vince. Like NXT has been for him already, Smackdown would be taking that up a few notches. If Vince can stomach staying completely hands-off of it.

• Like 1

He was a "big guy" only within the scale of ECW which was largely smaller indy-ish guys.  Once he got to a bigger stage, he was a mid-sized guy and that probably didn't help his cause since most of his arsenal was power-based.

Im not disagreeing, but he was a legit 6'5 or so, right? Not unreasonably small. Taller than Edge, if I remember right...

Run an injury angle at TLC(S?) 2015 with the Champion being stripped of the title due to inability to compete. Royal Rumble 2015 is for the vacant strap, and X guy wins. The next night on Raw, it is announced that, in order to prove himself as a worthy champion, X guy is to compete at WrestleMania 32 in Fatal Four Way Attitude Era Texas Gauntlet aganst Austin, Michaels, and Taker. Also, as mentioned above, run Batista vs. Rock in a Texas/Hollywood Trans-Continental Backstreet Brawl-- which is ruled a no contest due to interference from Hogan and Nash, in NWO gear, high on their own greatness due to the corruption of their lives from the Mr. Nanny and Magic Mike money. Naturally, The Miz destroys all four men via the worst figure four ever seen, to nuclear motherfucking heat. Roman Reigns then destroys him for Rikishi, da Rock, and da people, all at once, thus staking his claim as the future of both Hollywood and the WWE. Vince and Hunter then pee in each others own mouths live on camera.

• Like 1

Run an injury angle at TLC(S?) 2015 with the Champion being stripped of the title due to inability to compete. Royal Rumble 2015 is for the vacant strap, and X guy wins. The next night on Raw, it is announced that, in order to prove himself as a worthy champion, X guy is to compete at WrestleMania 32 in Fatal Four Way Attitude Era Texas Gauntlet aganst Austin, Michaels, and Taker. Also, as mentioned above, run Batista vs. Rock in a Texas/Hollywood Trans-Continental Backstreet Brawl-- which is ruled a no contest due to interference from Hogan and Nash, in NWO gear, high on their own greatness due to the corruption of their lives from the Mr. Nanny and Magic Mike money. Naturally, The Miz destroys all four men via the worst figure four ever seen, to nuclear motherfucking heat. Roman Reigns then destroys him for Rikishi, da Rock, and da people, all at once, thus staking his claim as the future of both Hollywood and the WWE. Vince and Hunter then pee in each others own mouths live on camera.

209832_f260.jpg

• Like 11