DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

So Spike Lee is doing a Marion Barry biopic (that will be on HBO) and now Eddie Murphy has been announced as playing Barry

(This is different than the one like a decade ago that HBO wanted to do with Jamie Foxx playing Barry)

I cannot wait for the drug bust scene.

Here's an hour-long interview with Tarantino about Hateful Eight + other stuff.  FYI, I'm not even halfway in, but it seems like there may be some very mild spoilers in here, vague allusions like "So when this big thing happens at this part of the movie..."

If I'm remembering correctly, Fowler will want to watch the question and answer that starts at 14:58.

I'm with Ben. I love QT's movies, but Jackie Brown is far and away my favorite.

And, yeah, there have been some really good Leonard adaptations. Get Shorty I didn't hear mentioned, but it's also fantastic.

You'd have to go into NYC, and even then there's only a handful left and I'm not sure who's going to be showing it.

Acutually, the list:

http://www.in70mm.com/news/2016/hateful_8/index.htm

Raz, let's be honest, here in NYC the only place you go to see IMAX/70MM or whatever is the Loews Lincoln Square.  

Everyplace else is the FauxMax bullshit where they extend the screen by 6" on all sides and call it "IMAX".  

Well yeah.  

Shit, I'm surrounded by LIMAX screens all around me usually.  I forget there's only like, 2 of those real screens within my driving distance.  Lincoln Square and Franklin Institute in Philly.

For Toronto, I'm pretty surprised that Varsity would be the only place to show it.  The Lightbox is doing a bunch of 70mm screenings during the second half of December - Vertigo, Interstellar, 2001, other stuff - and they've got ones scheduled on the 23rd and 26th, but nothing in between.  I figured, since they obviously had the setup, they were just waiting to announce Hateful Eight.