DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

PROMETHEUS 2 is now ALIEN: COVENANT.

Why do I get the feeling the name change is a result of Ridley Scott throwing a bitchfit over Blomkamp making another, more overt Alien sequel at the same time he was? Suddenly, the Blomkamp movie is "on hold" and Scott's movie has Alien in the title.

PROMETHEUS 2 is now ALIEN: COVENANT.

Why do I get the feeling the name change is a result of Ridley Scott throwing a bitchfit over Blomkamp making another, more overt Alien sequel at the same time he was? Suddenly, the Blomkamp movie is "on hold" and Scott's movie has Alien in the title.

Based on the performance of Blomkamp's last two films commercially and critically, I am still surprised that Fox was like, "....this is THE guy".  He is extremely lucky that's it not on hold because they're finding another director to do it.

I am not sure if that is going to be so horrible that it will be awesome or if it will be just plain stank. 

It is as if they decided to use Egyptian mythology in a fantasy vehicle since the track record for Greek mythology in fantasy vehicles hasn't been all that great lately.

I am not sure if that is going to be so horrible that it will be awesome or if it will be just plain stank. 

It is as if they decided to use Egyptian mythology in a fantasy vehicle since the track record for Greek mythology in fantasy vehicles hasn't been all that great lately.

I could talk about the whitewashing, but then again, I would prefer if you had black people in good movies and not whatever this monstrosity is.

• Like 4

That poor rock/sand pharaoh giant god monster is straight BLASTING the most horrendously painful looking diarrhea I've ever seen.

$5 Wal-Mart bin purchase ... probably at least as good as "Sorceror and the White Snake" (which itself could have used more '80s Tawny Kitaen).

I spent most of the first movie wanting to punch Jesse Eisenberg's character in the face, but I might be convinced to spend money on this.

I love watching Daniel Radcliffe have fun with his career.  He's made the best transition ever from child actor to adult actor.