DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

The LEGO Sequel has been announced for a 2018 release and Rob Schrab ("Community') will direct.

Your eyes do not deceive you.  twenty fucking eighteen.  Three more years.  That is a long time in between installments these days even for an animated franchise.

I thought it was suppose to come out in 2018 anyways.

This is from October when WB put out the DCCU release info:

There will also be three chapters of the Harry Potter spin-off: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, coming in 2016, 2018, and 2020. Three new LEGO movies are planned as well: 2016’s LEGO Ninjago, 2017’s LEGO Batman and 2018’s The LEGO Movie 2.

I had no idea that there were two LEGO style movies ahead of The LEGO Movie 2.   Shows you how much I cared about them. although I could be talked into watching the LEGO Batman movie.

I still subconsciously read that Harry Potter spin-off series title as Fantastic BEATS and Where To Find Them.   I still want it to be a hip-hop documentary series.

• Like 1

I had no idea that there were two LEGO style movies ahead of The LEGO Movie 2. Shows you how much I cared about them. although I could be talked into watching the LEGO Batman movie.

I still subconsciously read that Harry Potter spin-off series title as Fantastic BEATS and Where To Find Them. I still want it to be a hip-hop documentary series.

If it makes you feel any better, I read it as Fantastic BREASTS and Where To Find Them.

• Like 1

How are they planning on getting three movies out of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them? The book is 40 pages.

On 12 September 2013, Warner Bros. and Rowling announced they will be producing a film inspired by the book, being the first in a new trilogy. Rowling herself will be the screenwriter. She came up with a plan for a movie after Warner Bros. suggested the idea. The story will feature Newt Scamander as a main character and will be set in New York, 70 years before Harry's story starts.[3]

How are they planning on getting three movies out of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them? The book is 40 pages.

On 12 September 2013, Warner Bros. and Rowling announced they will be producing a film inspired by the book, being the first in a new trilogy. Rowling herself will be the screenwriter. She came up with a plan for a movie after Warner Bros. suggested the idea backed up the dumptruck full of money. The story will feature Newt Scamander as a main character and will be set in New York, 70 years before Harry's story starts.[3]

• Like 2

The Hobbit became a trilogy...

Unnecessarily so, and the hobbit was 300 pages, not a glorified picture book. This is like Harold and the Purple Crayon getting four movies so that they can delve in to the gritty back story for one movie and have a two part final installment of Harold drawing purple guns to kill off a dystopian overlord played by one of the Carradines. 

Yeah.  We're talking about a group of people deciding to not turn off  the magic machine that pumps money into their veins.  It doesn't matter if it's 40 pages or 4.  For, I don't know, a BILLION FUCKING DOLLARS, they'll figure something out.

Disney has managed to put out 14 movies based on the AIR BUD premise.  And the market for those is desperate in-laws stopping at a giant bin in Big Lots for $4.99 on the way to some toddler's birthday party.

• Like 3

Yeah.  We're talking about a group of people deciding to not turn off  the magic machine that pumps money into their veins.  It doesn't matter if it's 40 pages or 4.  For, I don't know, a BILLION FUCKING DOLLARS, they'll figure something out.

Disney has managed to put out 14 movies based on the AIR BUD premise.  And the market for those is desperate in-laws stopping at a giant bin in Big Lots for $4.99 on the way to some toddler's birthday party.

They made a whole movie based on this:

battleship-grid.jpg

• Like 1