DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

My wife just made me so proud!  Cleaning up Halloween decorations scattered about the house.  I picked up a plastic Pumpkin w/ handle that had a bright flickering fake candle in it and was slowly walking down the hall for some reason holding it in front of me like a lantern.

Suddenly she turned out the lights and whispered "We're here!" and started singing the Wyatt's theme.

• Like 11

JR had a hard enough time keeping Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho straight when he called their matches, so hearing him try to call a Tanahashi and Okada match without goofing up should be interesting.

Yeah, like he'll make it to the last match on the card.  His head will explode from calling that four-way tag match, and the Kenny Omega match will finish him off.  Dude will be a drooling idiot by the time Tanahashi makes his interest. 

During the Omega match, I do kinda want to hear JR explaining DDT to American fans though. 

• Like 1

My wife just made me so proud!  Cleaning up Halloween decorations scattered about the house.  I picked up a plastic Pumpkin w/ handle that had a bright flickering fake candle in it and was slowly walking down the hall for some reason holding it in front of me like a lantern.

Suddenly she turned out the lights and whispered "We're here!" and started singing the Wyatt's theme.

God help you if and when she begins referring to herself as the "Titty Master".

• Like 1

If they announce "color commentator: CM Punk", then I'm buying this sucker. It could be a trainwreck, but I'm buying it.

Ditto. I sorta miss Punk not being in the business but at least he will make it to fifty somewhat concussion free and with his knees intact.

He burned his pro wrasslin bridges pretty good though so the Thor writing gig had better work out.

If not, the interviews where he implodes and shoots on Stan Lee and Axel Alonso should be interesting.

If they announce "color commentator: CM Punk", then I'm buying this sucker. It could be a trainwreck, but I'm buying it.

Ditto. I sorta miss Punk not being in the business but at least he will make it to fifty somewhat concussion free and with his knees intact.

If they have an announce table at ringside maybe someone like Nakamura accidentally spilling his Pepsi would provoke him to get back into the ring.

I don't know when it will happen but Punk will probably be back and no one at the WWE will mind when all of his T-Shirts sell out and he makes people some cash.

That being said, i'm going to pick up his Thor Annual. I don't follow Thor but i'm somewhat familiar with his character and i'm interested to see "super fan" Punk write some books.

I hope it says CM Punk as Writer and not Phil Brooks.

I don't buy that Punk burned any pro wrestling bridges. If Punk called Vince tomorrow and said that he wanted to come back, he'd be walking out on RAW and would get a hero's welcome

People would mock his weight gain?

Well yeah, Triple H has to make the obligatory skinny fat joke. 

That being said, i'm going to pick up his Thor Annual. I don't follow Thor but i'm somewhat familiar with his character and i'm interested to see "super fan" Punk write some books.

That isn't your daddy's Thor, though. Thor's a woman now.

I don't know when it will happen but Punk will probably be back and no one at the WWE will mind when all of his T-Shirts sell out and he makes people some cash.

Was Raven's Spider-Man story credited to Raven or Scott Levy?

I don't buy that Punk burned any pro wrestling bridges. If Punk called Vince tomorrow and said that he wanted to come back, he'd be walking out on RAW and would get a hero's welcome. 

As long as there's money to be made, there's no such thing as a burned bridge in wrestling. 

Jesse Ventura got to be a fucking Governor under his wrestling name, not his real name. So I don't see why not?