DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Do the Bucks do the handspring backrake outside PWG?  Because I'd love to hear JR call that.

Yes, whichever one of them does it (Nick?) was doing it in the Best of the Super Juniors this year.  It got over too, Japanese crowds were laughing at it.  It's actually even funnier in the bigger New Japan ring because he has to walk halfway across it after the handspring with a "fuck this shit" look on his face.

edit: somehow didn't see PowerPB13's post, but mine's longer so I'll leave it

Yeah I'm ordering that sum'bitch. We've talked about it before I'm pretty sure, but I NEED English commentators for foreign promotions, otherwise I just can't get into it. Even if it is Grumpy Ol' JR, it'll still be awesome.

• Like 1

Even Jim Ross on autopilot and spewing cliches can get me to care more about a match. I also much prefer English commentary that usefully adds in any necessary backstory and that tries to give context to the action through discussing/pointing out strategies, etc. I don't know if Jim Ross circa-2015 is the best guy for that (I'd prefer Jim Ross circa-1992), but it's a start. 

From today's Observer update:

"Vince McMahon came out during the SmackDown tapings to berate the crowd for being too cold and complaining about the network delay."

This just sounds bizarre.  Is this a joke I'm not getting? 

Link

Sounds like he just came out to try to get some cheap heat for the show. They'll edit his part out when it airs.

From today's Observer update:

"Vince McMahon came out during the SmackDown tapings to berate the crowd for being too cold and complaining about the network delay."

This just sounds bizarre.  Is this a joke I'm not getting? 

Link

Sounds like he just came out to try to get some cheap heat for the show. They'll edit his part out when it airs.

Lol, yeah, the article makes it sound like a promo.  The first post (quoted) made it sound like grumpy old man snaps. 

Doesn't he have a podcast where he interviews wrestlers? I'm pretty sure I just saw that he was on with Dave and Bryan also.

Anyway, I love this. I didn't mind the Japanese commentary but JR is tremendous even if he is sleepwalking through it. A half-awake JR is a fucking trillion times over better than what we get on RAW every week.

Jim Ross losing his shit because all the superkicks would be the greatest wrestling clip ever. I find it funny though that GFW is paying to have Jim Ross go to Japan for this (he said he would be ringside so I assume he's going) while TNA had a ppv in Japan last month and they had to do their commentary via skype.

Having Punk with JR would be rad, but honestly, JR could do it solo ala Joey Styles and it would still be an improvement. I'm honestly keeping my fingers crossed for Don West. WWF thought JR was too southern? FUCK YOU, GFW GOES FULL SOUTHERN. AND THEY'RE HOLLERING. AND THERE'S ROOKIES. 500 ROOKIE CARDS, GEM MINT ROOKIES, I'M TALKING WAX PACKS FULL OF 'EM.

• Like 8