DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Let's assume the characters in this universe believe that the devil exists and people can be possessed. Why wouldn't one be freaked out by a sign that the devil him/her/itself  is powering his or her opponent? 

I don't care how big you are, if you believe that a powerful evil presence has taken over the body of your opponent, you're probably freaking out a bit. Austin wouldn't care, probably, because his philosophy in life is punching his way through all of his problems. I've seen The Rock back off after an Undertaker sit up, though (and to be fair, I've also seen him kick the Undertaker about the head repeatedly after doing it). 

Shit on Kevin Dunn all you want, but if he was running the production truck for WM, then they fucking nailed it when it came to cutting away from Bray and cutting back when he was in the crab walk pose.

• Like 1

Here, to go back to the same well, (yes, I was the first person to bring up Taker,) compare it to the zombie sit-up. In that gif, Cena thinks he's got Bray down, goes for the five-knuckle shuffle, only taking his eyes off of Bray for a second...and then he turns around to see that. He's freaked the fuck out, (and yeah, Cena sold it perfectly.) You're beating on a guy, and then all of a sudden he shakes it off, (and does so in a way that hints at possession, if you're inclined to believe in that sort of thing.)

• Like 1

This fucking company sometimes (according to PWInsider.com):

CAN WWE MAKE GRUMPY CAT SMILE?

STAMFORD, Conn., November 10, 2014 – Internet sensation Grumpy Cat will guest star on WWE's flagship program, Monday Night Raw, Monday, November 17 at 8/7C on the USA Network.

<_<

Guy it's obviously stupid because wrestling should be an athletic competition!  You'd never Royce Gracie crabwalk in an MMA fight, so wrestlers shouldn't do it either!

I mean, you're talking about a sport where guys have been zombies, savages, yetis (Wrapped in bandages), possible time travelers, Amish, mute, severely burned or just undead and where people had to lay on the ground for 20 seconds so Scotty 2 Hotty could do his little hops across the ring leading into the worm, where a slow-motion elbow drop after running back and forth across a ring can pin somebody, where an old man's legdrop seen 10-15 other times on the card has devastating power when performed by him, where a guy would lay on the ground while a fat guy jumped up and down before running back and forth across the ring and sitting on him and never moving out of the way, where a steel rod implanted under the skin to stabilize a bone became a weapon, where guys wore casts for years and were allowed to hit people with them, where two brothers shot lightning at each other, where guys had the power to turn the arena lights on and off, can disappear into and out of caskets, escape being buried alive, hit by cars, dropped off cranes, blown up in boats but an evil cult-ish type wrestler doing a crab walk that...that is where you're going to draw the line about suspension of disbelief ?

• Like 9

STAMFORD, Conn., November 10, 2014 – Internet sensation Grumpy Cat will guest star on WWE's flagship program, Monday Night Raw, Monday, November 17 at 8/7C on the USA Network.

<_<

I am now imagining Vince just now discovering Grumpy Cat and spending all day looking online at this stuff screaming, "Get me that cat!"

• Like 4

<_<

When you sign up to be on a NBC/Universal channel, you're expected to do a little cross promotion for other channels. At least they get money out of it.

<_<

I am now imagining Vince just now discovering Grumpy Cat and spending all day looking online at this stuff screaming, "GODDAMMIT! Get me that fucking cat!"

Fixed that for you.

• Like 1

Bray never starts the match in the crab walk. He breaks it out in a moment of advantage. Imagine getting tossed on your head (from his chokeslam) and then having him crash on your body with his fat boy senton. I'd imagine coming too after that and seeing him in a crab walk would bug me the f out.

I loved in whatever match he had against Cena when he broke it our right before the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Cena should have probably punched him there but, seriously, WTF?

spiderfear.gif

Yeah, look at that crowd reaction. That was an incredible moment and Cena freaking makes it even better.]

Still fucking awesome.

• Like 1

At least Vince is staying relatively up-to-date on his Internet memes.  I figured every time there was a computer upgrade at Titan Towers, he'd ask Triple H to make sure he'd still have access to that one email he got 16 years ago with the Dancing Baby attachment.