DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2014 - WEEK NINE

Dolfan in NYC

Felt compelled to start this early since the Jets have already made news for next week:

Michael Vick will start on Sunday at the Chiefs (barring a GM or Owner veto).  

Which of course means there will be a GM or owner veto.  

Vick gave the Jets a small boost before halftime, that the Bills (thankfully) smothered after the break. Geno had more INT's than completions. .  ;)

Somebody check on Mike Francesa.

I just watched the Rich Eisen 11 minute rant on the Jets on NFL Now and probably not as delusional but quite fun.  Starting to wonder if the Jets have the most major sports radio guys that they are considered fans of.  Eisen, Francesa, Mike Greenberg.  I have to think either Boomer or Carton is one.   Not like being a Jets fans is the chic thing in the NFL.   ^_^ 

Apparently the Giants best way to gain in the standings is to not play

I am pretty sure that if I tell my girlfriend this, it will cost me dinner at Chopstix this weekend.

I think Steelers are playing the hated Ravens this week.  I expect no less than six of the Steeler players to be injured if they win or if they lose, it will be by no less than three touchdowns.  Fucking Ravens..

So it seems putting Romo back into the game wasn't Garrett's idea.

“I was here during the tail end of the examination and knew he planed to come back out and play if he were needed,” Jones said, via Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star Telegram. “Of course he was needed. I felt good that he could come back out. When he saw the opportunity he did. I told Jason that he would be back in.”

I'd have been more shocked if he didn't go back in.

Gregg Rosenthal was being a dipshit on Twitter saying that people who have no rooting interest in the game shouldn't be bitching about the obvious missed holding call in the endzone that would've been a game-ending safety. Where does NFL Network find these morons?

• Like 1

I'd have been more shocked if he didn't go back in.

Gregg Rosenthal was being a dipshit on Twitter saying that people who have no rooting interest in the game shouldn't be bitching about the obvious missed holding call in the endzone that would've been a game-ending safety. Where does NFL Network find these morons?

I noticed that holding call too, but being a Big 12 football viewer, I never expect blatant holding to be called.

Dont know if it was covered in the week 8 thread...

May I ask what you thought of watching the early game? Did it feel alien to you or was it a nice change to the normal 1pm/10am starts?

Would you like it to be a regular thing?

May I ask what you thought of watching the early game? Did it feel alien to you or was it a nice change to the normal 1pm/10am starts?

It sure was interesting to see people in my morning Lord of the Rings run talking about it, that's for sure. ;-) Not sure how I'd feel if it was my team.

I get up early on weekends, but that's to watch the EPL. To be honest I missed everything until the fourth quarter because of that.

I can't believe we now have pre-noon sports TV conflicts to consider. We are the greatest of societies.

• Like 1

Well the deadline for trades may have passed, but the deadline for sucking is still weeks away!  It's time for:

The Top of the Bottom:  The Road to the Goodell Trophy!

Now with 100% less accusing people of being Gonzalez!  To the rankings!

1) 0-7 Oakland

2) 1-7 Jacksonville

3) 1-7 New York (Allegedly) Football Jets

4) 1-6 Tampa Bay

5) 2-6 Tennessee

6) 2-6 Atlanta

7) 2-5 St. Louis

8) 3-5 Minnesota

9) 3-5 Washington

10) 3-5 Chicago

As you can see, the usual suspects are still on the list, just a few positions have changed.  Chicago may be at number 10, but they made a strong case for belonging on this list after that game with the New England Patriots.  The Vikings hurt their chances by letting the Bucs fumble their way to failure in overtime; will Minnesota be able to bounce back from such a crushing victory?  The Jag-u-wires (TM Jeremy Clarkson) certainly proved that they know how to suck, but they are nothing compared to the Mega Maid that is Oakland right now!

Looking at our top five team's schedules, weeks 10 and 11 will be a big test for the Bucs as they face Atlanta and Washington in consecutive games.  Personally I am pretty confident in their ability to not win those.  We then move to week 13 which is massive as both Oakland and St. Louis go head to head in a match that could shake up the rankings considerably.  Week 14 and 15 could be interesting as well as the Jets play the Vikings and Titans back to back, if they manage to lose both that would surely solidify their bid for their next QB to ruin.  Week 16 will see round two of the Titans and Jags, a game Jacksonville only lost by 2 points; could the Jags stumble into another win?  

So tune in next week to see if there are any major upsets and buckle in because we are in for a roller coaster ride to the oh so bitter end!

• Like 3