DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2014 - WEEK NINE

Dolfan in NYC

I passed out at 9 last night which was for the best

On the upside - Andre Williams TD allowed me to get $10 in a Fan Duel league

Plus - Odell Beckham Jr is the truth

Apparently the Texans coaching staff are "frustrated" with Clowney and his desire to not play while injured with a torn fucking meniscus or the flu:

"The Texans coaching and staff members are becoming frustrated with No. 1 overall pick Jadeveon Clowney. We know he missed several weeks earlier in the season with a knee injury. He didn't come back quite as soon as they hoped. ... What they want is for him to start showing some maturity and learn to play through some of these ailments. As a source just mentioned to me, this is the first time Clowney has faced any sort of injury adversity. It didn't really happen in college and now they want him to try to play through it in the NFL."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/texans-frustrated-with-jadeveon-clowney-2014-11#ixzz3I1PbgGbD

I've been run over by a car, torn my ACL, been hit in the face with a thrown baseball and so on.  By far, as in not even remotely close to anything, the worst pain I've ever experienced is from the meniscus I tore in my left knee.  If the ACL was a 3, the meniscus was like 13.  The pain was so bad, it woke me up every 45 minutes every single night for 2 months straight WHILE taking pain medication.  I can't even fathom trying to play in the NFL with that injury.  The flu?  Yeah, suck it up and play through. 

Not sure why there's this "it didn't really happen in college" thing since there was talk of phantom injuries, Clowney being lazy and out of shape, and all that stuff during his last year in school.

Exactly. In the tale of two USouthCarolina kids, Marcus and Jadeveon are the extreme opposites.

I don't know what is going on with Clowney, but isn't the cliche that everyone in the NFL plays hurt by the end of the year? As for the difference between being hurt and injured. . .that's a player by player thing I guess. . .