DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2014 - WEEK NINE

Dolfan in NYC

The Ravens getting called for 3 fouls - 2 of them personal fouls - on the same play is the most Ravens thing ever

Ben was about to break a record so naturally the fucking dirty birds were in full party shitter mode.

FUCK THE RAVENS~~!

Well, comparing Peyton's stats to Brady's stats is a little odd when one guy played in a dome and one played his whole career in cold weather.

I see that point but I don't think it's entirely valid.  Only half of the season are home games and it's not like every home game for Brady was some kind of blizzard.  I think Peyton has had pretty decent stats in Denver, I might be misremembering, and from what I've heard it gets kind of chilly there. 

It was kind of chilly in Foxborough last night and Peyton got his ass monkey stomped.

• Like 1

Several people this morning are saying that Marcus Lattimore will retire due to his knees being completely fucked up before age 25.

Poor kid. He's one of the few college players from USouth Carolina that I've actually liked.

Apparently the Texans coaching staff are "frustrated" with Clowney and his desire to not play while injured with a torn fucking meniscus or the flu:

"The Texans coaching and staff members are becoming frustrated with No. 1 overall pick Jadeveon Clowney. We know he missed several weeks earlier in the season with a knee injury. He didn't come back quite as soon as they hoped. ... What they want is for him to start showing some maturity and learn to play through some of these ailments. As a source just mentioned to me, this is the first time Clowney has faced any sort of injury adversity. It didn't really happen in college and now they want him to try to play through it in the NFL."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/texans-frustrated-with-jadeveon-clowney-2014-11#ixzz3I1PbgGbD

I'd probably lean toward giving them the benefit of the doubt on this.  This is not the first injured player they've ever had to deal with so I'm guessing there's probably been some things that have happened that have led to them having this response to the situation. 

Apparently the Texans coaching staff are "frustrated" with Clowney and his desire to not play while injured with a torn fucking meniscus or the flu:

"The Texans coaching and staff members are becoming frustrated with No. 1 overall pick Jadeveon Clowney. We know he missed several weeks earlier in the season with a knee injury. He didn't come back quite as soon as they hoped. ... What they want is for him to start showing some maturity and learn to play through some of these ailments. As a source just mentioned to me, this is the first time Clowney has faced any sort of injury adversity. It didn't really happen in college and now they want him to try to play through it in the NFL."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/texans-frustrated-with-jadeveon-clowney-2014-11#ixzz3I1PbgGbD

Interesting.  I really wanted the Raiders to draft him something fierce.  So basically, IIIIIII am the cause of first round draft picks being terrible and not the Raiders bad coaching?  

Hmm...I may need to try this out next year.

I've been run over by a car, torn my ACL, been hit in the face with a thrown baseball and so on.  By far, as in not even remotely close to anything, the worst pain I've ever experienced is from the meniscus I tore in my left knee.  If the ACL was a 3, the meniscus was like 13.  The pain was so bad, it woke me up every 45 minutes every single night for 2 months straight WHILE taking pain medication.  I can't even fathom trying to play in the NFL with that injury.  The flu?  Yeah, suck it up and play through. 

Not sure why there's this "it didn't really happen in college" thing since there was talk of phantom injuries, Clowney being lazy and out of shape, and all that stuff during his last year in school.

If the NFLPA was a serious organization that's exactly the kind of thing they should have comment on.

+10000000000 for this.

The NFLPA should most definitely have some public comment on this.  Of course, they should also be looking sideways at the Cowboys for playing a guy with a broken back (after previously playing that guy with a collapsed lung)...

• Like 2

In defense of Dallas, they did x-ray Romo during the Washington game, and the break didn't show up.  They didn't find it until they did a CT scan.

Dallas should be able to beat Jax without Romo, London or no London, and get him to the bye, and from what I've read about this particular kind of broken back, it's generally a 1-4 week recovery, so he should be ready to go out of the break with the team hopefully (for them) 7-3.

As someone who's gone out and atheletically competed with the flu (at 18), you're doing more harm than good, because your tank is only at a fraction of its compacity and its going to get you hurt worse.

And that was 6 minutes.  I can't imagine keeping at full speed in a pro football game running at 25%.

Da hale happened to his hair line in that pic?

So, Brady has an 11-5 record against Manning. Not only do most teams in the league would sell their left nut for that kind of record for the year, hopefully it KILLS the idea that this is some kinda of epic rivalry.

Most of that is due to BB who knows that Manning audibles according to what he sees so New England will show him a couple of looks pre-snap.  Manning audibles and then the Pats run a completely different scheme post-snap which throws Manning off.

Well, comparing Peyton's stats to Brady's stats is a little odd when one guy played in a dome and one played his whole career in cold weather.

I see that point but I don't think it's entirely valid.  Only half of the season are home games and it's not like every home game for Brady was some kind of blizzard.  I think Peyton has had pretty decent stats in Denver, I might be misremembering, and from what I've heard it gets kind of chilly there. 

I throw Brady more of bone with his stats because outside of Randy Moss for a couple of years a lot of New England's receivers have been hardly all pros

• Like 1