DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2014 PLAYOFFS

Dolfan in NYC

Yeah, I'd argue it's more of an "Americans really love not pissing off multi-million corporate sponsors" thing than anything else.

Well, how did Bud become a multi-million corporate sponsor if it wasn't for people drinking their terrible beer? :P Coulda been worse, I guess, he could be spraying Coors Light all over the place. Anyway, I'll stop being a beer snob now.

So the million dollar question Rippa and I are now pondering - WHY THE FUCK DO YOU HIRE A 700 YEAR OLD WOMAN TO RUN ON AND OFF THE FIELD???  

Well given that Clint Hurdle needs surgery after this season for a hip injury, I am sure people were wondering why a 700 year old man was managing Pirates and waddling all over the dugout

• Like 1

ez8ax0drpk5oweemcies.gif

Swiped this from Deadspin, look at the kid in the crowd. . . 

I know how basbeball celebrations evolved as series got added, but really have a full on bear bash after winning one freaking game? COme on now. . . 

The little kid who sits in front of us at the Spokane Indians games does that stuff all the time :)

And I'm with you...really?  Celebrating a one-game playoff win?  Seriously.  You just won the World Series a couple years ago - this should just be a stepping stone.  And treated as such.

We really need Stone Brewing (makers of Arrogant Bastard) to sponsor a major sport... Well, they did sponsor my last dart team... Not really a drinker, but made an exception during the dart season (which we won, of course), that's some goodass strong beer... Fuck all of Washington State's 3.2 swill. You haven't had a really shitty beer until you've tried 3.2 Bud. Simply ghastly. It's funny, now that I'm in a State that has all manner of strong beers, I've had a total of one beer in the last six years. It was an expensive oatmeal stout, which seemed just the thing for Christmas eve. Now I can't remember what brand it was, I recall the $6.00 a bottle price tag only too well.

Oh yeah, the kid in that clip has got some timing down. We might be looking at the next Miggy Cabrera. Remember you saw it here first.

I got 26 years (can't count the 3 I wasn't alive for) of no playoff baseball, and now extra innings in back to back games. Free baseball! It's like getting a free dessert because the server forgot to enter your order... for 2 hours.  

And holy shit, we won game one with Vargas matching up against Weaver. Ventura and Shields to follow. What is happening? 

• Like 1

And...here's the coolest thing you'll see all day:

4-minute highlight film of game 7 of the 1924 World Series

Behold the awesomeness that is Walter Johnson, folks.

After Library of Congress released that - MLB went digging and found 6 more minutes of footage

DC SPORTS BOG

Of course - MLB being MLB, isn't allowing video sharing

And...here's the coolest thing you'll see all day:

4-minute highlight film of game 7 of the 1924 World Series

Behold the awesomeness that is Walter Johnson, folks.

After Library of Congress released that - MLB went digging and found 6 more minutes of footage

DC SPORTS BOG

Of course - MLB being MLB, isn't allowing video sharing

But that footage shouldn't be under the control of MLB. Library of Congress or the HOF yes, but under those idiots noses, hell NO.

It could only be better if once they're both exhausted, Seattle sneaks out from under the tarp and steals the win.

You'd think a Cardinal fan would know better than to reference 1985 and tarps in a short span of time.  #NeverForgetVinceColeman

P.S. I just realized today that the Cardinals have become the John Cena of baseball. I'm still processing that.

• Like 1

It could only be better if once they're both exhausted, Seattle sneaks out from under the tarp and steals the win.

You'd think a Cardinal fan would know better than to reference 1985 and tarps in a short span of time.  #NeverForgetVinceColeman

P.S. I just realized today that the Cardinals have become the John Cena of baseball. I'm still processing that.

Nope.

Raw2511_rko.jpg

Generations and tradition: Check

Always in the title picture: Check

never goes away: Check

privileged and entitled: Oh, check

Everyone hates him: Check

He's even from there.