DVDVR Message Board

Which television show had the worst kids?

Niners Fan in CT

Please note: Nobody is saying anything bad should happen to these kids.

I was reminded how truly awful and ungrateful a lot of children are written especially in sitcoms and Jae mentioned in another thread, Home Improvement. I think that's my pick here. All three of their sons were whiny during their elementary school years but the youngest, Mark, was pretty caring and helped out his Mom and Dad quite a bit. As the years went on, all three of them went from whiny to truly insufferable characters with terrible outlooks on life and a bad attitude.

Maybe I should have said "sitcom" or "family show"  or something based on reality. I'm not saying the South Park kids aren't bad but the show is so crazy and ridiculous and every character has at least one episode where they've done something truly reprehensible including all of the parents.. 

I have to say I loved Julie Taylor, but the baby on Friday Night Lights was the single worst part of that show.  The Landry/Tyra murder was ridiculous, but at least it was a plot with two characters we actually cared about.  Gracie Belle Taylor served no purpose whatsoever to the plot except to eat breakfast when there was some conflict in the Taylor house.

I think Becky from Roseanne is maybe the all-time worst kid on a sitcom/family show. Darlene was at least smart and had goals. DJ was fucking weird but kind of grew into an okay teen.

Becky on the other hand. Goddamn Becky. Just the worst.

I think Becky from Roseanne is maybe the all-time worst kid on a sitcom/family show. Darlene was at least smart and had goals. DJ was fucking weird but kind of grew into an okay teen.

Becky on the other hand. Goddamn Becky. Just the worst.

Of all the shows I've seen, she is easily the whiniest(except MAYBE Lisa SImpson). The episode where the bike shop closes/she runs away to get married is a classic.

How about "My Wife and Kids" with Damon Wayans?

His 3 kids, all the boyfriends and girlfriends, as well as that Franklin kid... Ugh...

There was a point circa 2004 or 2005 where Id get home from work, plop down on the couch, and turn on the TV to just watch something simple. At the time it felt like every fucking station was showing Raymond or King of a Queens reruns and I didn't dig them. So Id watch the Girlfriends/ My Wife and Kids block on some channel. I loved MWAK late episodes that just went totally silly and slapstick, including Damon sitting with that Franklin kid and just embracing the silliness of the character and slyly laughing at the "we added an Urkel" thing.

King Joffrey. If there ever was a kid that deserved a spanking...

I put him in the same category as AJ Soprano where he was annoying and hideous...but he was meant to be. As opposed to Dana Brody, Kim Bauer or Walt Jr who were just badly written.