DVDVR Message Board

WWE SummerSlam 2013.

The Natural

Sandow can't cash in for a WWE title match. It has to be for the World title.

How is it that people can still make this mistake, or maybe it's not a mistake and people just trust WWE will up and not give a shit.

• Like 1

I think, as Dave wrote months ago, this is designed for Cena to fiiinally have a classic (5 star) match.

That's gotta be BS. Not only has Cena already had several classic matches (including one each of the last 2 years), why would Vince care about that? When was the last time a "5* match" was a big part of someone's character in WWE? Bret or Shawn?

The only rule so far is the champ has to be conscious.

Nope.
It's usually the case. Most of the time the ref makes sure the champion is on his feet before ringing the bell. There have been exceptions.Other than that, it's like a regular title match, so the champ could theoretically escape with a count-out or DQ loss.

How is it that people can still make this mistake, or maybe it's not a mistake and people just trust WWE will up and not give a shit.
I worked on theory the WWE wouldn't give a shit.

I assume this is going to parallel what they did with Cena/Del Rio/Punk at Summerslam 2011. Bryan is going to win it, lose it to Orton and then win it in a few months and go on an extended reign. You can run three-ways and gimmick matches around those three for a few months before they start getting into WrestleMania season. Also...gotta think that Punk is probably moving back into the main event scene in the Fall. But yeah, Orton cashing in on Bryan is really the most logical booking. Shit...it's very likely with the McMahon machinations on TV that this ends up being almost exactly like 2011. There's a pretty chance we could even see Bryan vs HHH in the Fall.

Punk/Brock is mostly interesting for where they go after it. Assuming this is Brock's swan song until the Road to Wrestlemania the question is whether this is the blowoff to the Punk/Heyman stuff or the beginning. I don't see a Punk/Axel program really exciting anyone.

Del Rio/Christian should be pretty good. Assume Del Rio wins but it doesn't really matter. I figure Dolph wins it later and I think they have a LONG way to go before they'd pull the trigger on a Sandow win.

I wonder if Orton as corporate champ cashing in on the winner of Cena/Bryan, whether at Summerslam or not, would result in a three-way match where Stephanie is in Daniel Bryan's corner, HHH is in Cena's corner, and Vince is in Orton's corner.  Heck, throw in special guest referee Brad Maddox.  Add in some sort of military themed gimmick and that could be your Battleground main event.

13:02 would destroy the internet forever, leaving a barren hellish landscape where all that's left is FSW begging a dead Dean & Rippa to give him Admin rights since they're now dead.

What's the thing you do in "Charades," where someone guesses the part of the word right?  That, here.

As much as i want it, i dont think Danielson is ging to wiin.I think, as Dave wrote months ago, this is designed for Cena to fiiinally have a classic (5 star) match.

Wait a tick, didn't Cena have a 5* with Punk at MitB?

Orton can't be the corporate champ.  Corporate requires pants.  He's incapable of wearing pants because all the oil makes them slide off.

At SummerSlam, Vince McMahon helps Bryan win the WWE Championship and become his corporate champ.

Next night on Raw, Vince explains why he helped Bryan win.  Stephanie comes out and introduces the new and improved Daniel Bryan.  Bryan comes out sans beard and with his hair styled like Vince's.  Brie Bella is by his side.  Bryan explains that he and Brie are getting married and thinking of starting a family and hemp diapers aren't cheap so he did it for the mon-ay!  Triple H comes out, furious with Vince and his wife for tainting a great match with their corporate shenanigans.  He states his disappointment with Bryan for taking a shortcut to the top and makes a match for later that night against Kane.

We see Nikki Bella consoling Cena backstage.  She tries to shift the conversation towards marriage but Cena is only concerned with recapturing the brass ring not wedding rings.

Randy Orton is shown backstage carrying the MITB case and another unmarked briefcase.

Main event time, Wyatt Family attack Kane early.  Cena runs out to make save.  The Shield cuts him off.  Triple H, Mark Henry, and Big Show run out to fight Shield.  Everyone brawls out of the arena leaving only Cena and Bryan in the ring.  Cena hits Bryan with the AA.  Orton's music hits and he casually strolls out with a ref.  He holds up the unmarked case and BUNKHOUSE BUCK! and THE MONSTER MENG! run out of the crowd and attack both Cena and Bryan.  They's a rag tagging 'em both and they eventually shitcan Cena and start to wailing and a clubbering on Bryan and leave him laying.  Orton gives the unmarked case to Col. Parker and he opens it up revealing that it's filled with money.  Orton cashes his MITB case out and becomes new WWE Champion.

Looking forward, it's heel Orton defending against heel Wyatt.

The Shield against Triple H, Henry, and Show which breaks off into seperate feuds of Ambrose vs. Triple H and Rollins/Reigns vs. Show/Henry.

Cena and Bryan face each other at Battleground in the first ever Trench Warfare Match where a trench full of mud is built at ringside and the winner is the man who captures and dumps the other's Bella twin in the mud.  Cena loses.  Nikki is humiliated and leaves Cena for the Colonel when Parker gives her his Elvis ring.  Cena has to fight his way through the Stud Stable to get revenge and get another shot at Orton and the WWE Championship.

Bryan feuds with Triple H for his COO position.  Bryan loses and gets fired.  Returns bearded and with a Hobo Army.

Gang warz break out between Hobo Army, Shield, Wyatts, and Stud Stable.

• Like 4

I think Bryan will either win the belt then lose it shortly thereafter due to some sort of shenanigans.  The "Vince not wanting Bryan as the face of the WWE and stacking the deck against him" angle is plausible enough, leading to Orton winning it shortly thereafter.  He either drops the belt at Survivor Series and possibly has a rematch, which he comes close to winning but again has management working against him who then vow he can't have another rematch.  Bryan wins the Rumble (possibly lasting the whole thing) and gets the belt back at Mania.

I think Bryan will either win the belt then lose it shortly thereafter due to some sort of shenanigans.  The "Vince not wanting Bryan as the face of the WWE and stacking the deck against him" angle is plausible enough, leading to Orton winning it shortly thereafter.  He either drops the belt at Survivor Series and possibly has a rematch, which he comes close to winning but again has management working against him who then vow he can't have another rematch.  Bryan wins the Rumble (possibly lasting the whole thing) and gets the belt back at Mania.

I'd love for them to recreate the memorable finish to the Rumble where Benoit won. Have it come down to Bryan and the Big Show or Mark Henry, or both, with Bryan coming out on top.