DVDVR Message Board

WWE SummerSlam 2013.

The Natural

I'm on the fence about ordering. Couldn't find anyone to go in on it with me, so it's "do I want to pay 50 bucks for a card full of good to great matches that is likely to end in an overbooked clusterfuck?"

The main is guaranteed to be overbooked. There could be anywhere from 3-5 people getting involved with Vince, Triple H, Brad, Steph and Orton.

I'll reviewing Summerslam live with pics and gifs at http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/wwe-summerslam-results-and-review.html

I'm on the fence about ordering. Couldn't find anyone to go in on it with me, so it's "do I want to pay 50 bucks for a card full of good to great matches that is likely to end in an overbooked clusterfuck?"

Do you want to see the journey or do you want to see the destination? This is also my dilemma...mainly because I'm so critical of wrestling nowadays.

The three matches I was interested, John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan, Brock Lesnar vs. CM Punk and Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian all delivered and then some. I was sat open mouthed to the Cena/Bryan finish, clean pin with a brutal running knee strike.

• Like 4

Great show, the top two matches delivered as expected and the WHC match was great too. The ROF match was the only crap on the show really.

Lesnar-Punk was worked perfectly by both guys, made Punk look strong in defeat.

And fuuuuuu at that ending, I understant why they did it but i hate it so much, Bryan winning felt like one of those great moments in history to end the show.

Also, when was the last time Cena was pinned 100% clean in the middle of the ring? Loved that Bryan super finisher with the epic Yes chants to set it up.