DVDVR Message Board

WWE SummerSlam 2013.

The Natural

Show was great, fucked all the G1 shows in the ass.  There is no one here more indifferent to Orton than me, and possibly no one who likes HHH less than me, and I still had no problem with the finish.  The end result is going to benefit Bryan as with Cena out for a while he is effectively the ace babyface, Orton who sucks cock as a face is now heel, HHH got his ego fuck in here which means we might not be subjected to the King of Kings showing Bryan who is boss in a match, Bryan beat the biggest star in wrestling clean in the middle of the ring (literally) and the Bryan fetishists are losing their minds with rage which makes me laugh and will increase his popularity long term.  

• Like 1

I thought the first Punk-Savage Elbow was just a set up for the second one with the chair. It was weird foreshadowing.

Also, shouldn't we be talking more about Punk vs Lesnar since it was pretty frigging exciting?

My issue with the Elbow, it looked more like the Bret/Austin style than the Savage/Michaels style.  The second one with the chair was aces.  I said "Arabian Face Buster?" to myself as he went up top with the chair though.

I actually think there were a few real iconic images in the show and one of them was Punk holding up the chair before he jumped. 

Who would of thought we'd get this ten years later? Crazy. I really hope they do not blow it with this one.

Hah.  At 1:30, you will see two spots, move for move, done again in tonight's match.

• Like 1

My buddy and I called the results, albeit the path there surprised us. Not expecting the finish out of nowhere or the turn, but the guy I thought would leave with it did. Overall I was entertained. After I have a chance to let it set in ill comment further.

Man, I liked the Ring of Fire match.  First time heels that aren't in the main event have been smart in a while.

Although minus points on intelligence for not just throwing that kendo stick into the ring, rather than slowly passing it into the fire.

Anyway, that was super fun on the whole. ADR vs Christian was enjoyable, Brock vs Punk was awesome fun, & the main event was really enjoyable. And the ending, well that really got me mad. Part of that was just general disinterest in Randy Orton, but part of it was definitely just getting taken along for the ride. Yeah, you could see something like that coming but so what? I would loved to have seen Bryan get longer with the belt, but if we now get him chasing Orton that could be fun. I'll give them a chance before I start moaning. Well, OK, ignoring my tweets at the time. But yeah, super fun Summerslam in the end.

Daniel Bryan has now joined the club of wrestlers who have won the WWE Championship and World Heavyweight Championship:

Triple H (WHC 2nd, 2002)

Shawn Michaels (WHC 2nd, 2002)

Kurt Angle (WHC 2nd, 2006)

The Undertaker (WHC 2nd, 2007)

Edge (WHC 2nd, 2007)

Randy Orton (WWE C 2nd, 2007)

Chris Jericho (WHC 2nd, 2008)

John Cena (WHC 2nd, 2008)

Jeff Hardy (WHC 2nd, 2009)

Batista (WWE C 2nd, 2010)

Kane (WHC 2nd, 2010)

CM Punk (WWE C 2nd, 2011)

Rey Mysterio (WWE C 2nd, 2011)

Big Show (WHC 2nd, 2011)

Sheamus (WHC 2nd, 2012)

Alberto Del Rio (WHC 2nd, 2013)

Daniel Bryan (WWE C 2nd, 2013)

Daniel Bryan has now joined the club of wrestlers who have won the WWE Championship and World Heavyweight Championship: Triple H (WHC 2nd, 2002)Shawn Michaels (WHC 2nd, 2002)Kurt Angle (WHC 2nd, 2006)The Undertaker (WHC 2nd, 2007)Edge (WHC 2nd, 2007)Randy Orton (WWE C 2nd, 2007)Chris Jericho (WHC 2nd, 2008)John Cena (WHC 2nd, 2008)Jeff Hardy (WHC 2nd, 2009)Batista (WWE C 2nd, 2010)Kane (WHC 2nd, 2010)CM Punk (WWE C 2nd, 2011)Rey Mysterio (WWE C 2nd, 2011)Big Show (WHC 2nd, 2011)Sheamus (WHC 2nd, 2012)Alberto Del Rio (WHC 2nd, 2013)Daniel Bryan (WWE C 2nd, 2013)

That's some damn good company to be in

The WWE screwed up w/ the Summer of Punk thing by making it go too fast and making it too complicated.I hope they learned their lesson. Just keep it super simple. Bryan vs. The World.

Super excited for Kane to start wearing a sheep mask.

Cena was well protected in defeat with his elbow almost falling to bits and no-selling his injury (running over to the ringside doctor and saying he was alright) I assume it will be revealed it was a lot more severe than he was masking, doesn't take the shine off of Bryan either, he was made tonight, the slapping contest with Bryan coming out on top had me off the couch shouting explicits and the finish.. Cena's head being kneed off and taking the pin has cemented Bryan as the new ace, the post-match sheninigans gives him some genuine sympathy and plenty of possibilities going forward.

Boy was Punk's triangle weak looking, as was his first elbow, but it played into the story of the match that Punk was damn near fighting for his fucking life out there so I have no problem with his lack of technique.

So is the story with Punk-Lesnar in the finish that Punk comes out looking good because he hung with Brock and almost beat him while proving he wasn't scared or is this just a set up for another match next month?