DVDVR Message Board

WWE SummerSlam 2013.

The Natural

Great show, shit ending. The exclamation mark to me was Cole saying "and now Orton is a seven time champ" Well obviously they couldn't let the crowd be happy and give Bryan one day with the title (could have ran the same angle tomorrow), we gotta give this guy his SEVENTH run. They will prob feud and he might get it back but why book Christian to lose, punk to lose, and Bryan to lose. There was like no faces that won but Ziggler. Two great matches, though. Just kind of pissing on the fun at the end a bit.

oh yeah, agree with the natural that the last running knee strike was BRUTAL as fuck. Someone needs to GIF that.

• Like 1

Bryan is absolutely amazing as the guy who has to overcome every odd imaginable. The WWE has a great plot device w/ The Money In The Bank. It lets Bryan continue as the underdog chasing for the title who has to overcome everything in his way to get what he deserves.Cena/Bryan was awesome. Punk/Lesnar felt like I was watching Rocky. Christian/ADR was awesome.I didn't watch Wyatt/Kane yet or The Shield stuff.Great PPV, though. I legit think the WWE is at its absolute peak right now. So many great workers who get it.

• Like 3

Bryan winning clean with a fucking running knee shocked me to shit.

Loved Del Rio/Christian. The first few minutes of Brock and Punk were just fucking incredible as it looked like Brock had little interest in whether Punk survived. It got a little bear huggy in the middle before a good enough finish. Even though Punk/Heyman is the angle, it felt a little flat that Punk would continually turn his back on BROCK LESNAR to go after a manager.

Main was great, though honestly I think they have a better match in them. Cena wrestled like a man in a lot of pain. I think the finish caught the crowd off guard because how often do main event matches end with non-finishers.

The angle after was the angle after. Everyone knew it was coming, there's money in Bryan chasing Orton and winning it back and I think Bryan getting a clean win over Cena is a much bigger deal than whether or not he actually left as champion. Plus, heel Hunter is less pandering than babyface Hunter.

Really great SummerSlam. Loved the two main vent matches and ADR-Christian. The only stinker was the opening match which was really an angle. 

This was the most logical ending even though I wanted Bryan to stand tall. Now with the McMahons not wanting Bryan with the belt I figure the chase will lead to Mania. With them throwing shit at him and him having to win the Rumble. Maybe have Evolution 2.0 and throw them at Daniel.

Hopefully with as hot as Bryan is they'll let Cena take a few months off. He needs it. 

• Like 2

I called that ending but I wasn't sure on the clean finish.  Bryan was made tonight by Cena and I'm fairly confident he'll win back that belt.  It was a great match, probably only trailing Punk/Lesnar, in my opinion.  For a second, I thought Bryan would ride off into the sunset but as soon as Orton turned back around I knew Triple H was sticking him.  The lesson to be learned is never have Triple H ref a match at Summerslam again. This'll probably set up a program for Orton and Bryan where DB can chase the belt again and re-gain it.

The rest of the card was pretty fair except the divas stuff.  Sandow isn't looking too hot but he's still fairly new I guess.  I keep wanting to find something in Cody Rhodes that makes him a top level guy but I can't.  Dolph looked good and I'm also glad they're sticking with this Del Rio run instead of quickly taking the belt off of him again.  I don't think too highly of him but for now at least they're giving him something.

That opener was pretty boring, if you ask me.  I like the Wyatt gimmick but I'm not huge on Bray in-ring yet.  He seemed very sluggish.

It was also nice of Cena to almost shove DB's head into the mat from the top rope!

Doing Evolution with HHH falling into the Flair role while Orton moves to the HHH spot would be cool. Got to find 2 guys to fill those other spots though.

Axel could ditch Heyman for theOrton spot.  Might be hard to find another middle aged juicehead with a bellybutton tattoo.

I've been a Flair mark since I was wee, but Evolution chased me away from WWE for the rest of the decade, so hopefully, well, Evolution without even Flair, fuck no.  

Was obvious something was up when HHH wouldn't leave ring as Bryan was celebrating.

I think the ending will make Bryan an even bigger babyface. The $$$ is in chasing Orton for the title and exacting revenge on the hated McMahons.

Orton better as heel, Triple H better as heel (since everyone hates him anyways) and Cena taking time off to recuperate are all wins to me. Bryan will get his moment back, trust me.

And goddamn, that Punk/Lesnar bout was phenomenal.

• Like 2