DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL PRESEASON

RIPPA

Didn't he also mention he had a bomb with him in an airport? Repeated stupidity deserves punishment. Rice clearly deserved more than two games, but we can't compare every suspension to his just because the league fucked up and didn't suspend him long enough.

Just for the record, Josh Gordon could have knocked a woman out, gotten so drunk that his foot stayed on the accelerator after he passed out at the wheel of his automobile even after his accident, and had some unregistered guns.......and his suspension would still have been shorter than what he got for failing a test for marijuana. 

• Like 3

When I read the domestic violence, dubbed The Ray Rice Rule at another site I go to, I immediately asked myself if Brandon Marshal would be the first guy to go down. It seems like every year, his crazy wife and him are going at it.

The second thing was how little respect the rule might get at first. Y'all comparing the suspension lengths to other shit are terrible. There is a plethora of shit wrong with the NFL these days. But I am glad something got done about a hot topic of the league that has been around forever. Assaulting women, children and other families is never not cool and I am ad the league is finally doing something about it.

Now if Goddell would really get a backbone and do something about DUIs. Hell, if everyone would do something about DUIs.

Also, why are ESPN trying to sell Eli Manning to people?

When I read the domestic violence, dubbed The Ray Rice Rule at another site I go to, I immediately asked myself if Brandon Marshal would be the first guy to go down. It seems like every year, his crazy wife and him are going at it.

The second thing was how little respect the rule might get at first. Y'all comparing the suspension lengths to other shit are terrible. There is a plethora of shit wrong with the NFL these days. But I am glad something got done about a hot topic of the league that has been around forever. Assaulting women, children and other families is never not cool and I am ad the league is finally doing something about it.

Now if Goddell would really get a backbone and do something about DUIs. Hell, if everyone would do something about DUIs.

Also, why are ESPN trying to sell Eli Manning to people?

The only problem is that if they go after DUI's, ten to fifteen percent of the league is in trouble. .  .

This is the NY Post so again... who the fuck knows....

The group trying to buy the Bills lead by Bon Jovi... have told Bon Jovi to kick rocks

With bidding for the Buffalo Bills entering its final stages, rocker Jon Bon Jovi reportedly has parted ways with the Toronto-based group hoping to purchase the NFL franchise.

The New York Post reported the decision Friday night.

Multiple sources told the newspaper that the remaining members of the group -- Larry Tanenbaum, the chairman of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, and Edward Rogers, chairman of Rogers Communications -- actually believe they're in a stronger position to bid for the team with the New Jersey rocker out of the mix.

Their reasoning?

Sources told the Post that Bon Jovi, as head of the group, would have been the principal owner, meaning he would have to put up 30 percent of the purchase price under NFL rules. With his net worth estimated at around $300 million, the group's highest bid would have been capped at about $1.1 billion.

Meanwhile, Buffalo Sabres owners Terry and Kim Pegula, who are considered the front-runners to buy the Bills, reportedly are willing to bid at least $1.2 billion for them -- more than the Bon Jovi-led group could have mustered.

The Pegulas have been valued by Forbes to have a net worth of $3.3 billion.

According to the Post, Morgan Stanley, the banking firm overseeing the sale on behalf of late owner Ralph Wilson's estate, is trying to help Bon Jovi find new backers.

Donald Trump also remains in the bidding, with final pitches due next week.

The Bills are for sale due to Wilson's death in March. A new owner is still expected to be identified by October, but it's not certain whether it will be in time to be approved by NFL owners at league meetings early that month. And that approval would come only after the prospective candidate's background and finances are vetted and approved by the league's finance committee.

The only problem is that if they go after DUI's, ten to fifteen percent of the league is in trouble. . .

As they should fucking be.

I think 10 to 15 percent is extremely low.  I'd say at least 40 to 45 percent of just people in their 20s have driven when they had no business driving.  If everyone who drove over the limit got caught how much of the American workforce would be in trouble?  There is a happy hour at every bar every day, most of those people aren't walking home.  Don't get me wrong there is a problem, but the NFL's problem with DUIs isn't any worse than anyone else's problem with DUIs.  We just happen to know athlete's names.

The only problem is that if they go after DUI's, ten to fifteen percent of the league is in trouble. . .

As they should fucking be.

DUI/DWI's are a bad thing and need to be eliminated, but they have to have someone in the uni's on Sunday. . . 

Assaulting women, children and other families is never not cool and I am ad the league is finally doing something about it.

Yes.  They're reacting to the public's outcry to their piss-poor reading of the situation.  They don't actually care. And most of the public reaction stems from there being video of the assault.  Sadly, many among us regular folks don't care, either.

It's a pathetic situation for everyone.

Stephen Hill released by the Jets.

Tall athletic wide receiver with questionable attitude and work ethic? 

I'm assuming the Panthers are tripping over themselves to put in a waiver claim.

Stephen Hill released by the Jets.

Tall athletic wide receiver with questionable attitude and work ethic?

I'm assuming the Panthers are tripping over themselves to put in a waiver claim.

He can be the next Dwayne Jarrett! Or Keary Colbert! Brandon LaFell?

Fuck that position is depressing for us.

• Like 1