DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL PRESEASON

RIPPA

BwYFTQnCQAAl4TB.jpg

San Jose police arrested 49ers DL Ray McDonald for felony domestic violence last night and apparently, they were other 49ers players present at the time.

EDIT: Per his Instagram, Vernon Davis was one of the players there.

San Jose police arrested 49ers DL Ray McDonald for felony domestic violence last night and apparently, they were other 49ers players present at the time.

And, according to some of the sources I've seen on Twitter, the victim was pregnant. Well, is pregnant, I suppose.

Don't know what role the other people are going to play in it. If they're not charged, I'm guessing nothing happens, but still. . .doesn't reflect terribly well upon them or the Niners.

There are more important things in the world than how this will affect the team but I'd rather not comment on that. As for the team, all signs are pointing towards a down year. I'm thinking 8-8 or 9-7. The defense is not going to be great this year and I have my questions about how the offense will look despite all the weapons Kaep will have.

There are more important things in the world than how this will affect the team but I'd rather not comment on that. As for the team, all signs are pointing towards a down year. I'm thinking 8-8 or 9-7. The defense is not going to be great this year and I have my questions about how the offense will look despite all the weapons Kaep will have.

What's hilarious about that is that they'd still win the NFC North, South and East in a walk. Divisions are unfair sometimes.

Umm... What?  The Niners are a solid team, but are you suggesting there is some huge talent gap between them and the best teams in the other divisions?  Maybe the East, but I'm pretty high on Philly this year so I'm not even sure I would pencil them in for that one.

The South is good enough to potentially drop the Panthers from first to worst and, as a Bears fan, I know that there is no such thing as beating Green Bay "in a walk."

Umm... What? The Niners are a solid team, but are you suggesting there is some huge talent gap between them and the best teams in the other divisions? Maybe the East, but I'm pretty high on Philly this year so I'm not even sure I would pencil them in for that one.

The South is good enough to potentially drop the Panthers from first to worst and, as a Bears fan, I know that there is no such thing as beating Green Bay "in a walk."

Lol Marty Hurney contracts dropped the Panthers, and nobody particularly improved in that division. The Packers would be a good point except that their trainer is the worst in football and I see no reason not to expect injuries to annihilate them by the end of the season as per usual.

Michael Sam went unclaimed (which is not surprising since any player claimed has to go to the 53 man roster)

He is now free to sign with any team - specifically their practice squad

Nobody improved in the South?  That's crazy talk.  I'm not even sure you are paying attention.  

ATL has a healthy Julio and Roddy to start the season and are looking like this years bounce back team.  Tampa Bay brought in Lovie, slightly upgraded at QB, drafted Mike Evans... O yeah and they signed one of the best CBs in football.  

Nobody improved in the South? That's crazy talk. I'm not even sure you are paying attention.

ATL has a healthy Julio and Roddy to start the season. Tampa Bay brought in Lovie, slightly upgraded at QB, drafted Mike Evans... O yeah and they signed one of the best CBs in football.

And they lost the best or second best CB in football. Also I'm not sold that McCown is who he was last year without Alshon and B-Marsh especially since he's never been before.

And, according to some of the sources I've seen on Twitter, the victim was pregnant. Well, is pregnant, I suppose.

Don't know what role the other people are going to play in it. If they're not charged, I'm guessing nothing happens, but still. . .doesn't reflect terribly well upon them or the Niners.

Being pregnant is one of the aggravating circumstances The Ginger Hammer specifically mentioned in his memo. 

I think McDonald is in deep shit. 

Also Champ Bailey got cut by the Saints.

So the Patriots drafted Mallett in the 3rd round, dangled him like a carrot for a couple years and then flipped him for a 6th rounder. GENIUS!  Wait...

Salvage job at this point.  6th rounder was better than nothing when his contract didn't get renewed at the end of the season.  This was never going to be a Cassel make like a bandit scenario.

You know the old Eddie Murphy routine about throwing a starving man a cracker? That's Kansas City after they had to start Matt Cassel for four years. And why a competent QB like Alex Smith just got elite money.